Is Christianity Evil?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-03-2017, 04:34 PM
RE: Is Christianity Evil?
(07-03-2017 01:49 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Here's an idea. rather than asking others questions about it, why not simply read it?

I concur. Nothing better for making (or cementing, in this case) atheists is to actually read the whole thing, without having a preacher cherry-picking bits of it out for you and interpreting them to fit their cultural paradigm.

Just see for yourself what it says. I also highly recommend watching some of the excellent videos that are out on YouTube by academics who explain what we know of the history of how the Bible was created, altered, etc., and how we know it.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
07-03-2017, 11:41 PM
Yes. Wasnt that an easy answer.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
08-03-2017, 12:22 AM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2017 12:26 AM by Ruby Crystal.)
(07-03-2017 01:49 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(06-03-2017 02:09 AM)Ruby Crystal Wrote:  For a religion that preaches 'love' and 'forgiveness'

This is where I stopped reading your post. It's obvious you don't know what's in the bible, nor that xianity cannot be separated from the bible.

Here's an idea. rather than asking others questions about it, why not simply read it?

Why do you think I put it in quotation marks? Dodgy

At least I tired to make it obvious that it doesn't, as many I know closely in my life tend to be hypocrites and say they preach love and forgiveness when instead most of them are quick to say 'shoot all liberals'

I tried to read the bible I was confused by the first page. The read was slow, boring, and just made no sense. Needless to say I didn't continue. So sorry if I just don't have the time, patients, nor want to read something when i don't plan on quoting scripture to argue with friends who may follow that religion and don't bother me about it.

"Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking That is against their interests.
They want obedient workers people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork And just dumb enough to passively accept it."

- George Carlin
08-03-2017, 12:26 AM
(08-03-2017 12:22 AM)Ruby Crystal Wrote:  At least I tired to make it obvious that it doesn't.

What I mean is simple really and what I am as a man. If one's interested in something, one should check it out.

In this case the babble.

Then you have the knowledge.

It's simply my way of life. I also read the babble as well as other older books. Nothing more. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
08-03-2017, 12:31 AM
(08-03-2017 12:26 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(08-03-2017 12:22 AM)Ruby Crystal Wrote:  At least I tired to make it obvious that it doesn't.

What I mean is simple really and what I am as a man. If one's interested in something, one should check it out.

In this case the babble.

Then you have the knowledge.

It's simply my way of life. I also read the babble as well as other older books. Nothing more. Smile

Sorry for the harshness, rough day of nothing but family watching Fox News and having 'debts'. Save me, for not even going upstairs with headphones on could drown them out.

I tried to read the bible, but by the first page I was so confused, frustrated, and annoyed. I didn't even have the patients to read the first chapter with just how bland it was. Mainly because, even with non fiction books, at least they provided me imagery to imagine. The bible by the first page was like 'WTF is going on?'

I try not to get into debates, as when i last did with my Mother on a family get together she went out of her way, looking on Fox News Insider to 'prove me wrong'. Yeah... Ever though I was 100% right and one google search we did proved it. But she 'dug deeper' to prove me wrong.

"Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking That is against their interests.
They want obedient workers people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork And just dumb enough to passively accept it."

- George Carlin
08-03-2017, 01:49 AM
As far as the story goes:

The "Jesus" debacle is all about a human sacrifice, used as payment so that God would change his mind. What exactly he changes his mind over has blurred over time. Originally it was about God demanding animal sacrifices when seeking forgiveness. It's warped into the even more sickening "vicarious redemption".

Evil. Seems pretty open and shut to me. But this is still pretty mild compared to what God is like in the Old Testament.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
08-03-2017, 04:06 AM
I think that one of the main evils in the modern day committed by religions all around the world is it trying to take rights away from people as those people don't fit with the said religions criteria. The Mormons were up until the 70's a largely anti black organisation, the Catholics are anti-gay rights, and there are many other examples I do not care to list. What authority do they hold that allows them to dictate the way people can and can't live? They have no authority but the authority they have given themselves. That authority has been reinforced by the centuries of them ruling society, persecuting those who defy them. Who are they to dictate what people can and cant do when those people are doing nothing wrong morally. Because their holy book says homosexuals are wrong doesn't allow them to impose that on society, they should have no say in the legalisation of gay marriage. They are people and have all the rights as humans to marry who they want, regardless of gender. For a religion that supposedly teaches acceptance and respect, they are surprisingly oppressive. Politics and religion are separate matters, and should be kept separate. Politics and laws should be in place to protect people and better society, and banning gay marriage, whatever country it is in, does not better society, it simply bows to the demands of a church or religious authority that has held a monopoly on society and politics for centuries.

Don't kid yourself that you're going to live again after you're dead; you're not. Make the most of the one life you've got. Live it to the full.
[+] 3 users Like psiclark's post
08-03-2017, 06:46 AM
In that case, just go here.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
17-05-2017, 03:28 PM
Xianity isn't merely evil; it's the ultimate evil. Here's why:

This is the one religion that makes a huge deal about an afterlife where those who don't follow the cult or worship the deity are tortured. Permanently.

Do any of you have any idea how much sadistic rage and hate it takes to torture someone for five minutes--never mind forever? But this so-called "loving" deity doesn't merely want to torment someone for five minutes. He is determined to let it be done to billions of people forever. He talks about doing it repeatedly, and more often than he does anything else. Once he determines that you are eligible for hell, you will be tortured without cease and without mercy.

Forever.

And for what?

For not agreeing with the slimeball.

Not even Hitler, Stalin or Ted Bundy could or would have tortured people forever. Even they couldn't sustain the hate that long. But this evil filth deity thinks he can do it--and wants to do it.

There is nothing more evil than that, and to follow such a monster is to be equally as evil. It's downright obscene that the followers of this psychopathic filth of a deity consider him "loving" and "kind," when there is no love or kindness in any being who would even imagine doing something so contemptible.

More horrifying still is that this is what every single xian is fine with happening to anyone who disagrees with them, even the "nice" xians. If they weren't fine with it, they wouldn't belong to a hateful and evil torture cult in the first place. Good people don't associate with the ultimate evil, for any reason, but these people willingly do so. That makes them accessories to this evil, which makes them unfit for decent society.

This is why I do not associate with xians unless forced to do so. I don't trust anyone who willingly worships evil.

That would be madness.
[+] 1 user Likes Aquaria's post
17-05-2017, 04:38 PM
(06-03-2017 02:09 AM)Ruby Crystal Wrote:  Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgESPmh-TxY

I paused after the first 30 seconds to read the comments to see what I was in for. Curiosity for what was a simple question. I want to know if this person if speaking from the mouth of a person who followers Christianity or looking at the religion as it was said in the Bible. Believe it or not, there are many things that separate the two. For a religion that preaches 'love' and 'forgiveness' I sure do see a lot of people who follow it who are greedy, hateful people.

I find after reading the bible to be rather shocked at how much killing this supposed loving God does. I find that the religion as a whole is controlling, demanding, and very strict on how people should follow it.

There are things I've seen people who follow said religion by cherry picking things they like. Making it seem as though said person is only talking from his point on following a religion or very little research and cherry picking. That is just from the first 30 seconds with how he presents his question. Introductions to a argument is key, if you can't capture a persons interest of knowing whether they are right or wrong within this first window of time, then you've already failed in making your argument valid.
Another thing is, if this 'New Atheism' is as horrible as this person make it sound why do more people feel inclined to follow that rather then think they are just wrong. I find people do not follow things that tend to restrict their way of thinking and way of feeling. 'New Atheism' tend to be made up of people who think many things. The very thing Christian people scream at Atheist is the very thing they are doing to them. 'Not all of us are like' is the phrase I here many Christian tell me when I debate them, thing is I know this. So why do you take me for like the Atheist who offended you before?

This tends to prove the 'hypocrite' theory that is labeled on, not just Christians, but Atheist and other religious and non-religious alike. But, I see it more in Christians and the religious then I do Atheists.

This video by the first 30 seconds alone seems to scream to me that this guy is speaking as an apologist would. Trying to claim how truly 'wonderful' a religion like Christianity is. It feels by his voice he has no reason to pro-claim why this 'New Atheist' movement is saying Christianity is 'Evil'. Nor by in this tone am I expecting to see him find out why many are turning away from Christianity. Not to mention the fact that by the way he presents his question will I see arguments Atheists use to justify why Christians are evil.

But, that is just what I am EXPECTING to hear. I do not know if he will or not prove me wrong or not. This is just from what I've seen for the first few seconds in his video, and what it seems to speak to me. As said in essays of College level or higher, your tone, your voice, your attitude, and your presenting of argument and question all determine how your audience will take it, and what they will expect from your paper/speech.
I have taken that to heart, I do not look to please everyone of my audience. But I don't talk as thought I already know the answer and speak in a tone that says 'we all know this to be ridiculous, I'm just humoring you' sort of tone and attitude. Which to me is how this guy was talking when he presented his question.

I want to know what you all think, whether you watch the whole video or not is up to you. I simply don't have the time to, I searched it up out of curiosity and feel that the video is not worth the headache as youtube and it's comments do this. Nor do I feel like getting triggered over a video, should I see something I don't agree with, as the saw in the comment section of some Atheists and religious alike were. (It's the very reason i turned off my seeing of people commenting on my posts)

But what do you think?

Yes. I don't need to watch it. I know it is evil. Any system of ideas which preaches the sacrifice of the ideal to the non-ideal, the perfect to the imperfect, the good to the wicked, the honest to the dishonest is thoroughly evil. Any system of ideas which affirms the primacy of faith over facts is evil.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 2 users Like true scotsman's post