Is Creationism Good for Atheism?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-03-2015, 09:29 AM
Is Creationism Good for Atheism?
Whenever a Christian tries to study creationism on the internet they instead find us, debunking everything they say.
Wouldn't this make creationism a good thing for science? Exposing Christians to reality?
What do you think?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-03-2015, 10:26 AM
RE: Is Creationism Good for Atheism?
Welcome!

In some ways, but usually the creationist is kinda closed off and has already been taught science is wrong and not to be trusted. Things are conflated, like abiogenesis and evolution -- everything from nothing argument.

If they're really looking for an answer, it probably means they're somewhat on the fence between letting go and hanging on.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
15-03-2015, 11:18 AM
Creationism isn't good for anyone. Sorry. I know the point you're making, but as long as it has the chance to infect an innocent or ignorant mind with its bullshit then it can serve no good purpose. Sure, it may open the eyes of some to the utter ridiculousness of it all, but my hunch would be that these people would realize it sooner or later and know it's bullshit without us pointing it out, so my preference is to have it eradicated.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like WillHopp's post
15-03-2015, 08:22 PM
There is an argument for fundamentalists being good for secularism. Many people here are getting very very sick of the religious fundamentalists. Even those people I know who are devout Christians are largely sick of the way that the fundamentalists conduct themselves in public and in the media. There is a very real backlash to the fundamentalist BS that's out there, and it's largely from the religious. Many young people are turning away from religion because of it.

Creationism though, I'm not sure. It's dieing out, but is it helping our cause or not. I don't know.
[+] 1 user Likes natachan's post
15-03-2015, 08:27 PM
Education is good for building intelligent people. The goal should not be to get more atheist, but to get more intelligent people. Keep in mind you can have a just as stupid as a creationist atheist. On that note, no it is not. Questioning is, but creationism is not.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
15-03-2015, 08:32 PM
Not really. It is under my impression that far too many of creationists are too much like Ken Ham. If you remember the end of his debate. He states that is is impossible for anything to change his mind.

In a faggotry retard movie called questioning Darwin, there was a preacher whom stated that if the bible were to say that 2+2 equals 5. Then he would not question it, he would accept it, move on and sort it out later in his head until it made sense.

A lot like how Big Brother works in the book 1984. I wish to write a book someday, and the scary similarities between Christianity fundi's and Big Brother is something I will write about.

This kind of thinking is extremely dangerous. Not just for science, the children of these families, the future of our education and SO much more. But for just about anything this kind of thought can be applied too.

apply it to a gang mentality, and you have our modern day gangs. No matter what is said or done to those people, they are correct to kill, steal, rape and use drugs and that is their right to do so in their mind. They think they have the right to kill others and take what they don't have because they want. It is the unmovable kind of thought that no matter what, your perception of reality can never possibly change. Apply it to anything else, and you find yourself finding whatever it has been applied too, turned into an extreme and dangerous ideology that causes far more harm than anything it could had done on its own.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
16-03-2015, 07:40 AM
Is war good for peace?

Is illness good for health?

Is delusion good for reality?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
16-03-2015, 08:11 AM
(16-03-2015 07:40 AM)Chas Wrote:  Is war good for peace?

Is illness good for health?

Is delusion good for reality?

Doesn't some illness make you healthier? Doesn't some war make peace?

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
16-03-2015, 08:12 AM
(16-03-2015 07:40 AM)Chas Wrote:  Is delusion good for reality?

Depends. I have to delude myself every work day that I contribute to the overall well being of humanity or I can't get out of bed to face reality.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
16-03-2015, 08:22 AM
(16-03-2015 08:12 AM)BnW Wrote:  
(16-03-2015 07:40 AM)Chas Wrote:  Is delusion good for reality?

Depends. I have to delude myself every work day that I contribute to the overall well being of humanity or I can't get out of bed to face reality.

Yabut, you're a lawyer. So there's that.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post