Is Creationism even valid?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-06-2017, 05:26 AM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2017 05:29 AM by Cypher44.)
RE: Is Creationism even valid?
I've been reading your post on Reddit, the one you've given a link to.. and ChristianConspirator keeps popping up.. the man's a brick wall.

av0vad0, ... CC is like a fan okay. You're essentially throwing shit on his Holy Book, (in his eyes) and when shit hits a fan, it deflects, and then your intelligence and beliefs are covered in shit.

Lesson 1 : Engage in discussion you can, but change their mind you cannot
Lesson 2 : Decreased intellect after debating you shall have

(Read in Yoda voice)

Come here and debate instead, you'll learn here.

Oh no. He's here - God
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Cypher44's post
04-06-2017, 06:16 AM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2017 08:27 AM by Bucky Ball.)
Life is short.
Why waste your limited time debating the absurd with people who *need* (or their world-view falls apart) an ancient mythological text to be literally true, assembled from a number of known mythological sources, by humans who thought there was a dome over the Earth ? Facepalm

[Image: 800px-Early_Hebrew_Conception_of_the_Universe.png]

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
04-06-2017, 07:26 AM
(04-06-2017 06:16 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Life is short.
Why waste your limited time debating the absurd with people who *need* (or their world-view falls apart) an ancient text, assembled from a number of known mythological sources, by humans who thought there was a dome over the Earth ? Facepalm

Because it can be fun for shits 'n giggles. Do we really need to justify a waste of time? No video games for you!
[+] 3 users Like big green mouth's post
04-06-2017, 07:36 AM
Why waste your limited time debating the absurd with people who *need* (or their world-view falls apart) an ancient text, assembled from a number of known mythological sources, by humans who thought there was a dome over the Earth ? Facepalm

I will not let the creatards' voices be the only ones heard. Simple as that.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post
04-06-2017, 07:41 AM
(04-06-2017 07:26 AM)big green mouth Wrote:  Do we really need to justify a waste of time?

Hey BGM, this activity i.e. Debating Creationists, is not classifiable as a waste of time, because although one does achieve nothing.. It does have adverse effects.. e.g. Frustration, hair loss, damaged sanity even possible heart attacks due to disbelief and sometimes caused by listening to creationist understanding of science

Waste of time - Is an activity which achieves nothing and has no effect on anything

PS Thank Randomness, your name's big green mouth not fresh green mouth, otherwise the abbreviation of your name would be awkward Big Grin

Oh no. He's here - God
04-06-2017, 08:28 AM
(04-06-2017 07:26 AM)big green mouth Wrote:  

Because it can be fun for shits 'n giggles. Do we really need to justify a waste of time? No video games for you!

I have none, and don't do them.
Nah nah. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
04-06-2017, 07:26 PM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2017 07:33 PM by Cheerful Charlie.)
(03-06-2017 01:07 PM)av0vad0 Wrote:  I made a post on Reddit about Creationism yesterday:

"Creationism is invalid because the author of Genesis is unknown/up for debate.

If a book has no identified, verified author, it's illogical to place more weight on its contents than on those theories that have been empirically supported and repeatedly tested/researched by the scientific community (Big Bang and evolution).

As for the argument that creationism preceded evolution, there is still more support for the Big Bang than there is for Creationism, which is based entirely on assumption. So how do you justify your belief in Creation despite evidence pointing elsewhere?"

I've received a few personal insults from the responding Christians already, and one particular commenter is very set on denying any claims I make, regardless of the support I provide.

What are you thoughts on the subject? I am willing to change my viewpoint, I'm just tired of debating in a forum where I have to defend my intelligence in addition to my beliefs.

Anonymity is a strike against Genesis but not the main one. The even bigger strike is that Genesis is contradictory and wrong. Two contradictory creation tall tales in Genesis 1 and 2 for example. The Earth was not created before the sun and moon and stars. The tall tale of God creating animals for Adam and Adam naming them paints God as a goofy, silly, bumbling fool. Would an infinitely intelligent God create a tyrannosaurus rex, or platypus, or a skunk to offer for a "helpmeet" for poor old lonely Adam? Even if the author/redactor had a name, this would not save Genesis as being reliable or true.

When I shake my ignore file, I can hear them buzzing!

Cheerful Charlie
[+] 2 users Like Cheerful Charlie's post
04-06-2017, 07:52 PM
(04-06-2017 07:41 AM)Cypher44 Wrote:  
(04-06-2017 07:26 AM)big green mouth Wrote:  Do we really need to justify a waste of time?

Hey BGM, this activity i.e. Debating Creationists, is not classifiable as a waste of time, because although one does achieve nothing.. It does have adverse effects.. e.g. Frustration, hair loss, damaged sanity even possible heart attacks due to disbelief and sometimes caused by listening to creationist understanding of science

Waste of time - Is an activity which achieves nothing and has no effect on anything

PS Thank Randomness, your name's big green mouth not fresh green mouth, otherwise the abbreviation of your name would be awkward Big Grin

No, it's worthwhile. If you are good enough at this, you might change the minds of some "baby Christian" who is being sucked into the world of primitive Christianity. You can take the fun right out of empty headed proselytization from some of these dullards. Over the last 20 years we have had rising numbers of "Nones" and people who have stopped believing in a Great Sky Pixie, and I strongly suspect that the numbers of knowledgeable atheists on the net who argue with these schnooks is part of the reason why that has progressed.

Creation is a lynch pin of backwards literalism, and pulling that pin out and tossing it into the dumpster or truth knocks the cocksuredness right out of some people. Might even make them think.

As creationism is a pest because so many want to use it to attack science education in our schools, it's important to fight.

And the best way is to attack the Bible by pointing out it's contradictions, absurdities and stupidities. Genesis 1 - 3 is only a few pages long but is so full of easily attacked crap, it's like shooting fish in a barrel.

Yeah baby! People are offended by being told they are descended from monkeys, but are tickled pink to have a hand full of dirt as their ancestors!

When I shake my ignore file, I can hear them buzzing!

Cheerful Charlie
[+] 1 user Likes Cheerful Charlie's post
04-06-2017, 09:17 PM
(04-06-2017 07:52 PM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote:  Yeah baby! People are offended by being told they are descended from monkeys, but are tickled pink to have a hand full of dirt as their ancestors!

Well, let's be fair to the Creatards.... it is a hand full of magical dirt.

Can't leave out the bibbity-bobbity-boo parts, or it just isn't gonna make 'em feel special. Laugh out load

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
05-06-2017, 01:46 AM
[Image: 20649667772_77521d66ff_z.jpg]

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
[+] 3 users Like Silly Deity's post