Is Cross Fit a Christian thing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-08-2014, 10:24 AM
Is Cross Fit a Christian thing?
I was at a neighbors house this morning having coffee with the neighbor (K) and another mom (L) after we walked our kids to school.

L starts talking about her family member who is all into Cross Fit, and how she thought that was weird because he always said he was atheist.

K knows that I am not religious, and I get the idea that she leans more on the woo side of life rather than Christian. But K speaks up and says that she didn't know Cross Fit had a Christian theme to it.

L goes on to explain it's a play on words, and many people don't which is kind of how they hook you in Huh

I have heard it's a " cult like" thing with their members.

Does anyone here do Cross Fit? Is it a Christian based fitness program?

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-08-2014, 10:27 AM
RE: Is Cross Fit a Christian thing?
(28-08-2014 10:24 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  I was at a neighbors house this morning having coffee with the neighbor (K) and another mom (L) after we walked our kids to school.

L starts talking about her family member who is all into Cross Fit, and how she thought that was weird because he always said he was atheist.

K knows that I am not religious, and I get the idea that she leans more on the woo side of life rather than Christian. But K speaks up and says that she didn't know Cross Fit had a Christian theme to it.

L goes on to explain it's a play on words, and many people don't which is kind of how they hook you in Huh

I was big into crossfit for a couple years until my knees let me know I am getting to old for that shit. NO, I have never got a sense of anything related to Christianity in it. That isn't saying that in some ignorant little town's version of a crossfit gym in dumbf##k Georgia that some owner couldn't have merged his/her beliefs and crossfit into some weird culty type thing *vomits at thought*.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
28-08-2014, 10:27 AM
(28-08-2014 10:24 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  I was at a neighbors house this morning having coffee with the neighbor (K) and another mom (L) after we walked our kids to school.

I have never heard of any theology tied to it, it is however not recommended by doctors since it is incredibly dangerous and leads to stress injuries.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
28-08-2014, 10:29 AM

I think L is confused. There is no Christian theme to CrossFit.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-08-2014, 10:29 AM
Seeing as the paleo diet is usually what they go for, and seeing that paleo diet says there was a point where humans evolved, no it is not a christian thing.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
28-08-2014, 09:13 PM

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 4 users Like evenheathen's post
28-08-2014, 09:45 PM
(28-08-2014 10:29 AM)Chas Wrote:  

I think L is confused. There is no Christian theme to CrossFit.

Really? Are you sure?

[Image: ae432adfd898c0d2ebbe9a98ce46320d-1.jpg]

Looks at those arms.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 3 users Like Minimalist's post
29-08-2014, 07:01 AM
Really? I guess cross roads are christian too?
29-08-2014, 07:06 AM
As are crosswords...

"Name me a moral statement made or moral action performed that could not have been made or done, by a non-believer..." - Christopher Hitchens

My youtube musings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFoxbz...UVi1pf4B5g
29-08-2014, 07:45 AM
CrossFit is a cult, but instead of the usual suspects, their trinity consists of Coach, Uncle Rabdo and Pukey The Clown.

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson