Is Drishtantoism an atheistic philosophy?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-06-2013, 06:39 AM
RE: Is Drishtantoism an atheistic philosophy?
(29-06-2013 01:51 AM)TanvirMasud Wrote:  
(28-06-2013 05:58 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Touche! Love it!
We love to misjudge...

Don't take yourself so seriously, if you can't laugh at yourself life becomes a bore...ummm...that would be Despondentoism I think. Yes

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-06-2013, 06:45 AM
(29-06-2013 06:39 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(29-06-2013 01:51 AM)TanvirMasud Wrote:  We love to misjudge...

Don't take yourself so seriously, if you can't laugh at yourself life becomes a bore...ummm...that would be Despondentoism I think. Yes

Or Dishragism? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
29-06-2013, 06:50 AM
(29-06-2013 06:45 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(29-06-2013 06:39 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Don't take yourself so seriously, if you can't laugh at yourself life becomes a bore...ummm...that would be Despondentoism I think. Yes

Or Dishragism? Consider

I am subject to Dishpanhandism whenever I have to spend too much time thinking about these comorbidities.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
29-06-2013, 07:03 AM
(29-06-2013 06:50 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(29-06-2013 06:45 AM)Chas Wrote:  Or Dishragism? Consider

I am subject to Dishpanhandism whenever I have to spend too much time thinking about these comorbidities.

Don't you find Dishpanhandism to be rather a raw philosophy, kind of cracked and flaky? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
29-06-2013, 07:14 AM
(29-06-2013 07:03 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(29-06-2013 06:50 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I am subject to Dishpanhandism whenever I have to spend too much time thinking about these comorbidities.

Don't you find Dishpanhandism to be rather a raw philosophy, kind of cracked and flaky? Consider

This is why you must achieve Glovana, it acts as a barrier between you and the world.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
29-06-2013, 07:50 AM (This post was last modified: 29-06-2013 09:04 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(29-06-2013 07:03 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(29-06-2013 06:50 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I am subject to Dishpanhandism whenever I have to spend too much time thinking about these comorbidities.

Alas.
I retreat regularly to the Bodhi Tree and wait for enlightenment.
I have not achieved Glovana yet.
I have just started reading the great work, The Dyshpanhanishads.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
29-06-2013, 09:08 AM
thingness creates its own void, but truth is not identity.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
29-06-2013, 11:11 AM
A Google search of this 'philosophy' brings up this very thread on the 1st page, and a stub of a Wikipedia article.

I really have no idea what this single guy's philosophy even is, other than that its post-modern...or something...?

Although it doesn't really matter. Because if it is "atheistic" - whatever that even means - then it is totally redundant if it doesn't include any other philosophical viewpoints. And if it does, so what? what would that make the 'philosophy'? Just not-believing-in-a-god-with-wibbly-bullshit-added-therefore-it's-actually-just-wibbly-bullshit-ism?

Drinking Beverage

"Humans always measure what they see in front of them to what they already know. They will deny anything outside of that. They are shallow lifeforms, so enthralled with superficial appearances that they fail to see the truth."
29-06-2013, 11:15 AM
(29-06-2013 11:11 AM)MrAttacus Wrote:  I really have no idea what this single guy's philosophy even is, other than that its post-modern...or something...?

My philosophy has a living god. I don't know what this guy's story is; if he has one, he ain't telling it. I suspect he's trying to preach a gospel, here.

I cannot get too offended, alla Gwynnies I post. Heart

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]