Is Easter Week slowly killing anyone else?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
04-04-2015, 12:02 PM
Is Easter Week slowly killing anyone else?
Being a relatively new atheist. And not being out to my family, this week has been rough. I think my mom has been to church every day. The constant bombardment on FB from my 'friends', most of whom are believers, the easter memes, etc., have just about driven me up the wall. I want to scream out 'it's all bullshit!', but of course I can't. I guess it's just difficult to continue to keep my opinions to myself around my family because I know the shit storm that would ensue if I actually spoke my mind on the subject.

Anyone else out there who isn't out to their family and facing similar crap? Or just gets broken down by the constant barrage of easter bullshit?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like BeardFist McFistBeard's post
04-04-2015, 12:31 PM
RE: Is Easter Week slowly killing anyone else?
Been difficult for us because our car broke down in a foreign country and it needs to be towed back to Britain. We had trouble getting a hire car because of Easter weekend or any money transferred between bank accounts. Everything was more expensive and as it turned out I didn't need to take my holiday then anyway because my work place just gave us extra days to allocate when we want rather than force us to do good Friday and Monday.
04-04-2015, 12:33 PM
(04-04-2015 12:02 PM)BeardFist McFistBeard Wrote:  Being a relatively new atheist. And not being out to my family, this week has been rough. I think my mom has been to church every day. The constant bombardment on FB from my 'friends', most of whom are believers, the easter memes, etc., have just about driven me up the wall. I want to scream out 'it's all bullshit!', but of course I can't. I guess it's just difficult to continue to keep my opinions to myself around my family because I know the shit storm that would ensue if I actually spoke my mind on the subject.

Anyone else out there who isn't out to their family and facing similar crap? Or just gets broken down by the constant barrage of easter bullshit?

Yes yes yes. I've been staying away from Facebook. I don't mind Easter basket photos and somewhat cute kids in bunny ears or shit like that.

I have to walk the fine line over Easter every year.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
04-04-2015, 12:41 PM
My mother in law - a very sweet lady - is still alive. I'm not going to ruin her life by speaking up, so I go along with the flow by keeping my mouth shut.

There's one sister in law who's going to bear the brunt after MIL passes, though. I look forward to that day.

Getting real tired of bunnies, too.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
04-04-2015, 01:13 PM
Ok wait....when did Easter become a week?? Fucking Christians think they're so important. Even Jesus didn't waste a whole week with these shenanigans.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 7 users Like Stark Raving's post
04-04-2015, 01:24 PM
Pretty much ignoring the whole damn thing - two bonuses for me though - was easy to take Friday off work, assumed to be a religious thing, and lots of candy. Big Grin

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
04-04-2015, 03:16 PM
You'll get to hear alllll about it tomorrow night. Dodgy

Will be in church. Honestly, to make it easier, I come on here and mock it and laugh it off. I even downloaded the annotated skeptics bible for my iPhone and will be taking notes during church tomorrow. Also got myself a pretty, frilly dress and some dress clothes for my son - he's gonna be super fucking cute tomorrow.

I'm actually enjoying the zombie season this year.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
04-04-2015, 03:18 PM
I just went on my Facebook a second ago and spent equal parts of my time facepalming and laughing - so many religious kooks on my FB. So, so many. Facepalm

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
04-04-2015, 03:39 PM
(04-04-2015 03:16 PM)Nurse Wrote:  You'll get to hear alllll about it tomorrow night. Dodgy

Will be in church. Honestly, to make it easier, I come on here and mock it and laugh it off. I even downloaded the annotated skeptics bible for my iPhone and will be taking notes during church tomorrow. Also got myself a pretty, frilly dress and some dress clothes for my son - he's gonna be super fucking cute tomorrow.

I'm actually enjoying the zombie season this year.

You should shorten the hem to up your twat, lower the neckline down to your tit and show up in church. If Jesus can wear little loin cloth.....

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
04-04-2015, 03:59 PM
Its moving along. I've barely noticed...