Is Easter Week slowly killing anyone else?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
04-04-2015, 04:17 PM
RE: Is Easter Week slowly killing anyone else?
I had yesterday (Good Friday) off so that was nice. My parents are super religious, my mother not as much as my dad. My dad asked me to go to church with him for Easter, and when he asked I said yes, but now...I don't wish to go. I could go along like I did on Xmas for nostalgia but I'm not even up for that. I should have the right to say no, and just be respected for it, not for it to turn into an argument.

My thing is this. If you believe in any religion under the sun, great. Why force it on anyone else? Oh wait, because that secures your ticket to heaven? lol Any way you slice this apple, I see the worm.

I will visit family tomorrow though, and I'm quasi seeing someone who asked me to stop over his parents. He is an atheist, I'm a Deist, and his parents are Baptist. Nah, this won't be awkward. Laugh out load

Be true to yourself. Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
04-04-2015, 04:23 PM
(04-04-2015 12:33 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(04-04-2015 12:02 PM)BeardFist McFistBeard Wrote:  Being a relatively new atheist. And not being out to my family, this week has been rough. I think my mom has been to church every day. The constant bombardment on FB from my 'friends', most of whom are believers, the easter memes, etc., have just about driven me up the wall. I want to scream out 'it's all bullshit!', but of course I can't. I guess it's just difficult to continue to keep my opinions to myself around my family because I know the shit storm that would ensue if I actually spoke my mind on the subject.

Anyone else out there who isn't out to their family and facing similar crap? Or just gets broken down by the constant barrage of easter bullshit?

Yes yes yes. I've been staying away from Facebook. I don't mind Easter basket photos and somewhat cute kids in bunny ears or shit like that.

I have to walk the fine line over Easter every year.

So this probably won't help?

[Image: Fucking_6e5ce4_592400.jpg]

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
04-04-2015, 04:30 PM
(04-04-2015 12:02 PM)BeardFist McFistBeard Wrote:  Being a relatively new atheist. And not being out to my family, this week has been rough. I think my mom has been to church every day. The constant bombardment on FB from my 'friends', most of whom are believers, the easter memes, etc., have just about driven me up the wall. I want to scream out 'it's all bullshit!', but of course I can't. I guess it's just difficult to continue to keep my opinions to myself around my family because I know the shit storm that would ensue if I actually spoke my mind on the subject.

Anyone else out there who isn't out to their family and facing similar crap? Or just gets broken down by the constant barrage of easter bullshit?

Yes it does drag quite a bit.
First we have the depressing 'Jesus died for us bit' and our expected grief and shame.
Saturday is a sort of rest day.
Sunday "He is Risen"......lets celebrate!

When we consider it took round 300 years for Jesus to be considered God, via the trinity,
the dying bit becomes rather ridiculous.
07-04-2015, 12:12 PM
It ended up not being as bad as I thought. I actually got out of going to sunday service, which was nice.
07-04-2015, 03:50 PM
Considering the sheer amount of chocolate, cheese and wine we have gobbled downsacrificed over the past few days, yes, I believe it would have a decent shot at killing me dead if it came more frequently than once a year.

concerning other annoyances, fortunately, noone in my family gives a shit about religion.The most religious thing I did was listening to some Bach.

Quantum Physics: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
07-04-2015, 06:44 PM (This post was last modified: 07-04-2015 09:19 PM by Biolizard.)
Zombie season is making me want to pull what's left of my hair. I'm closeted to the 'community' in the small southern town in which I reside. I'm out to my immediate family however, they are all believers and have faith in the Lord Jesus Christ blah blah blah.

I'm not permitted to critize or mock religion around around my family. (Divorce would soon follow im sure.)
So yes, I go schizo inside my own head this time of year. How other people see this act of barbarism and brutality as a salvation is flummoxing. Christians seem so smug this time of year and even more brazen than normal. So full of themselves. What I see is delusional pious people unable to see their religion for what it is. It is, insofar as I can tell, nothing more than a cult entirely based around a disgusting macabre human sacrifice legend.
07-04-2015, 08:32 PM
Ahh yes... the shitstorm I caused on FB Sunday by posting something anti-religious just bathed me in a swell of comments of how I need to be prayed for and how I need to open my eyes and just have faith and believe in the lord jeebus. It was all there in black and white until I made a comment that shut everyone up.

I haven't talked to my family in five years. They sided with my abuser and continue to do so via the courts. They are a non-issue anyway. The battle lies in my religious friends, some more than others. I would unfriend them on FB but it's just too much fun knocking the wind out of their religious sails with logic. They can't seem to handle that - especially when I reference contradictions in their beloved book of fairy tales.
08-04-2015, 01:03 AM
(04-04-2015 01:13 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Ok wait....when did Easter become a week?? Fucking Christians think they're so important. Even Jesus didn't waste a whole week with these shenanigans.

[Image: 4sC7P.gif]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]