Is Evolution Moral?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-08-2017, 10:35 AM
RE: Is Evolution Moral?
(16-08-2017 10:31 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(16-08-2017 10:25 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  Now we're back to "Is Gawdzilla" mis-representing what I said because he's stupid or a liar? I was giving you the benefit of the doubt but now I see you're a liar.

Yep, I pose a question you can't answer and I'm a liar. The Single Digit IQ Club wants you back.

Why don't you try your luck over at the "Suffering is involved in War" thread and try to convince them it's not? You can get your face smashed in over there too.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-08-2017, 10:50 AM
(16-08-2017 10:35 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  
(16-08-2017 10:31 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Yep, I pose a question you can't answer and I'm a liar. The Single Digit IQ Club wants you back.

Why don't you try your luck over at the "Suffering is involved in War" thread and try to convince them it's not? You can get your face smashed in over there too.

Just prove evolution needs suffering.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-08-2017, 10:57 AM
(16-08-2017 10:50 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(16-08-2017 10:35 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  Why don't you try your luck over at the "Suffering is involved in War" thread and try to convince them it's not? You can get your face smashed in over there too.

Just prove evolution needs suffering.

Now it's "needs" rather than "requires", which implies the same thing, neither of which I said! Now you're a liar with a thesaurus.
16-08-2017, 11:12 AM
This argument is getting to the point its just semantics now. I think what Jerry was originally trying to say, whether he worded it the right way or not, is that over the course of evolutionary history there is lots of suffering that has happened, does happen, and will happen. I don't think he is saying in every single case in every aspect there is suffering involved, it's just a result that some if not many circumstances of suffering are brought out because of natural selection and such. Such as an antelope being prey to the cheetah who makes it suffer before death. It's not evolution itself doing it no. Evolution is not a conscious thing that makes decisions on what something should feel. But it is a process which has an affect on living things, and what they can do/need to do to survive and a fair bit of the time, it can be brutal. If this is correct in what he is trying to say it's pointless to hold him to a claim he wasn't trying to make.
16-08-2017, 11:22 AM
(16-08-2017 10:57 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  
(16-08-2017 10:50 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Just prove evolution needs suffering.

Now it's "needs" rather than "requires", which implies the same thing, neither of which I said! Now you're a liar with a thesaurus.
Sorry, I couldn't be fucked to look up what you lied about exactly.
Still waiting for your problem, mein Herr Quibbler.
16-08-2017, 11:23 AM
(16-08-2017 11:12 AM)Sauron Wrote:  This argument is getting to the point its just semantics now. I think what Jerry was originally trying to say, whether he worded it the right way or not, is that over the course of evolutionary history there is lots of suffering that has happened, does happen, and will happen. I don't think he is saying in every single case in every aspect there is suffering involved, it's just a result that some if not many circumstances of suffering are brought out because of natural selection and such. Such as an antelope being prey to the cheetah who makes it suffer before death. It's not evolution itself doing it no. Evolution is not a conscious thing that makes decisions on what something should feel. But it is a process which has an affect on living things, and what they can do/need to do to survive and a fair bit of the time, it can be brutal. If this is correct in what he is trying to say it's pointless to hold him to a claim he wasn't trying to make.
Thanks for translating him into English. Sadly he can't speak for himself.
16-08-2017, 11:28 AM
(16-08-2017 11:12 AM)Sauron Wrote:  This argument is getting to the point its just semantics now.

We're past that, we've skipped to the part where the loser squirms for awhile and tries to play it off like he's not a liar. After a bit we'll go straight the part where we tell each other to fuck off. Your description is about right except for him lying.
16-08-2017, 11:29 AM
(16-08-2017 11:22 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(16-08-2017 10:57 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  Now it's "needs" rather than "requires", which implies the same thing, neither of which I said! Now you're a liar with a thesaurus.
Sorry, I couldn't be fucked to look up what you lied about exactly.
Still waiting for your problem, mein Herr Quibbler.

Are you keeping a running list of "magic" words you don't understand? Maybe the forum can take a collection and send you some remedial third grade vocabulary booklets.
16-08-2017, 11:33 AM
You can go now.