Is Evolution Observable?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-04-2017, 01:37 PM
RE: Is Evolution Observable?
(28-04-2017 10:28 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  
(28-04-2017 09:05 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  These are the levels of intellect we are dealing with.

So it depends on who's doing the observing.

It depends on who is understanding the reality of the observation vs. making up a fantasy in your mind.

A building engineer can construct a skyscraper using all the knowledge & understanding at his or her disposal.

A creationist cannot build anything by praying to a god to help him. All he can do is invent excuses for why his god doesn't want him to build a skyscraper.

It's not about who is observing.
It's about who is properly understanding reality.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
28-04-2017, 02:00 PM
(28-04-2017 01:28 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Someone may have posted this already.
I didn't go through every post to check, but this is an example of evolution right before your eyes.

You know those anti-bacterial soaps that say they kill 99.9% of germs. Well that .1% that didn't die was because they were resistant to the chemicals that killed all the other bacteria around them.

That .1% survived and thrived until something else, a new cocktail of medicines are introduced that will kill off another 99.9%.

Now the .1% that survive are even more resistant.
Now you have a superbug.

This is one of the reasons why it's recommended​ to not use anti-bacterial soaps anymore.
The AIDS researchers have noted that using a series of cocktails will produce resistant virii, but not resistant to the earlier drugs in that series. The resistant bugs aren't necessary heir to the resistance to the first meds.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-04-2017, 07:34 PM
(28-04-2017 01:28 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  This is one of the reasons why it's recommended​ to not use anti-bacterial soaps anymore.

My nurse uses hand sanitizer every five minutes. The bugs on her hands must be able to withstand kryptonite by now...
[+] 2 users Like big green mouth's post
28-04-2017, 08:32 PM
One might argue that god instituted an ability for bacteria and viruses to have micro-evolution in order to combat such things. Now obviously this is a weak argument. But in the case I ever came across this during a debate, what would anyone of you say to this?
29-04-2017, 04:04 AM
(28-04-2017 08:32 PM)willds97 Wrote:  One might argue that god instituted an ability for bacteria and viruses to have micro-evolution in order to combat such things. Now obviously this is a weak argument. But in the case I ever came across this during a debate, what would anyone of you say to this?

One could argue that a Leprechaun stops god from doing anything, but it wouldn't be much of an argument.

If someone brings up an imaginary character in a debate, you can counter with another imaginary character.

It's just evolution. It's not micro evolution nor macro evolution. Evolution is change over time. Nothing difficult to understand about that.

Here is a wolf and a small dog. They share a common ancestor. This is genetically demonstrable.

[Image: Wolf-Dog.jpg]

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
29-04-2017, 04:19 AM
I understand better now, thanks
29-04-2017, 04:35 AM
(28-04-2017 08:32 PM)willds97 Wrote:  One might argue that god instituted an ability for bacteria and viruses to have micro-evolution in order to combat such things. Now obviously this is a weak argument. But in the case I ever came across this during a debate, what would anyone of you say to this?
You don't need god for that. Inserting "god" into every "I don't know" situation is just making the uncertainly larger, not reducing it.
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
29-04-2017, 06:34 AM
(29-04-2017 04:04 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Here is a wolf and a small dog. They share a common ancestor. This is genetically demonstrable.

It's genetically demonstrable that people share a common ancestor with bananas, but that has only encouraged Ray Comfort from getting kinky with one.

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

I suggest you don't tell him about dogs...

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
29-04-2017, 06:48 AM
Is Evolution Observable?
Yes, every minute in every hospital lab in the world.
http://www.sciencephoto.com/media/296977/view

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
29-04-2017, 12:46 PM
(01-02-2014 10:51 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  So what controlled environment can we use to demonstrate evolution.

In what controlled environment can we demonstrate evolution? My mind. Unlike a bunch of atheists, I believe in evolution. I know I have "evolved past" my first post here. Scare quotes because that's probably not scientific; but to me, faith is science.

Don't worry. I'll have a proofreader before I'll publish. Wink

living word
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post