Is GOD DELUSION by Richard Dawkins worth a try?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-12-2015, 10:51 AM
RE: Is GOD DELUSION by Richard Dawkins worth a try?
I read some of it. But I had trouble understanding him. I really admire Richard Dawkins and find him to be an interesting man. I love watching him in debates. He makes a lot of sense to me.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2015, 11:01 AM
Not just worth a try, it is a must read for any good skeptic and scientist.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-12-2015, 12:16 PM
(05-12-2015 11:01 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Not just worth a try, it is a must read for any good skeptic and scientist.
Wrong. I consider myself a good - enough skeptic that I question Dawkins. If you don't question him you're a cult follower, not a skeptic. I prefer Sagan, while recognizing his biases and hobby horses, as well as disagreeing on salient points.
05-12-2015, 12:19 PM
What does a solid atheist gain from reading the God Delusion? Make them even more Atheist-er?

Blog: http://141min.tumblr.com/
05-12-2015, 12:19 PM
Naw. Dawkins is kind of clueless about these things. He acts like he know so much about biology and he's such a big scientist. But hes just a hack. Bah. What does he know....... *grin*
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
05-12-2015, 12:22 PM
(05-12-2015 12:19 PM)wallym Wrote:  What does a solid atheist gain from reading the God Delusion? Make them even more Atheist-er?
You gain XP and level up.
[+] 7 users Like Clockwork's post
05-12-2015, 12:25 PM
(05-12-2015 12:16 PM)jabeady Wrote:  
(05-12-2015 11:01 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Not just worth a try, it is a must read for any good skeptic and scientist.
Wrong. I consider myself a good - enough skeptic that I question Dawkins. If you don't question him you're a cult follower, not a skeptic. I prefer Sagan, while recognizing his biases and hobby horses, as well as disagreeing on salient points.

I don't even quite know what this means, they're of different fields all together. What is preferring a person or relating this to a personhood about?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
05-12-2015, 12:28 PM
Oh yeah! It definitely is worth reading. Hell, most Christian apologists will even tell you that.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
05-12-2015, 12:29 PM
(11-10-2015 11:27 PM)kim Wrote:  It's not a personal favorite but I don't read much atheist literature anyway.

I don't think I've read any explicitly atheist literature. (I mean other than the existentialists and nihilists, but they more implicitly atheist.) Why would I bother?

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
05-12-2015, 01:29 PM
I did the audiobook twice because I wasn't always attentive the first time. I enjoyed most of it. It's a worthwhile read. I frequently thought that a writer would be arrested for that book not very many decades ago. That was part of the enjoyment for me.