Is God a Pedophile?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-11-2011, 09:06 AM (This post was last modified: 26-03-2012 10:18 PM by DeepThought.)

Is God a Pedophile?
God is all powerful and all seeing. Which means he refuses to stop children being abused. And also he watches. I think that makes him a peadophile. Not sure if saying God loves children is a good thing. But hey, He works in mysterious ways. Maybe he is just misunderstood..
Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2011, 11:58 PM
RE: Is God a Peadophile?
(05-11-2011 09:06 AM)winthorp Wrote:  God is all powerful and all seeing. Which means he refuses to stop children being abused. And also he watches. I think that makes him a peadophile. Not sure if saying God loves children is a good thing. But hey, He works in mysterious ways. Maybe he is just misunderstood..

1. What's a peadophile?
2. God is imaginary Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Atheist#6667's post
06-11-2011, 05:13 PM
No. That's gross. If you are referring to Catholicism, the link is abstinence - which is just fucking unnatural.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
06-11-2011, 09:15 PM
Screw the topic I have another question.

How did you think of this question? honestly this is some really weird shit.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 3 users Like Hamata k's post
06-11-2011, 09:51 PM
(05-11-2011 09:06 AM)winthorp Wrote:  God is all powerful and all seeing. Which means he refuses to stop children being abused. And also he watches. I think that makes him a peadophile. Not sure if saying God loves children is a good thing. But hey, He works in mysterious ways. Maybe he is just misunderstood..

Forget all the religions!

If you consider "god" as the highest ideal for you, and this is very difficult, then god loses the 'king of kings' notion( anthhropomorphic) and simply becomes the desire to act correctly within one's understanding of that concept.
An ultra vague concept (god) cannot be a paedophile unless you view the phenomena in an ultra simplistic manner.
07-11-2011, 10:34 AM

This topic is ridiculous, and your belief in God is cute. Tongue
(05-11-2011 11:58 PM)Atheist#6667 Wrote:  1. What's a peadophile?

"Pedophilia" is the spelling in American English. "Paedophilia" is the spelling in British English.
07-11-2011, 10:52 AM

I am am not a believer in god. Just showing the point that if they believe in god, and that he is al powerful and all seeing then they, by their own teachings, are worshiping a sick entity if he allows kids to be abused.
Quote this message in a reply
14-11-2011, 01:21 AM
Well, their explanation for God allowing suffering is the free will defense. God gave us and values our free will and that is why he allows rape and abuse. Which of course, makes anyone more moral than God, because it's actually in our character to stop rape and to say genocide is wrong. But that's their reasoning..

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire
10-12-2011, 09:08 PM
What does the Bible tell us that God has done about evil? It tells us that he sent to his son Jesus to die for our sins and to deliver us from pain and suffering. Ultimately, God is allowing evil in the world for a purpose, otherwise, he would not let it exist. Therefore, we must trust Him that He knows what He is doing. http://carm.org/if-god-all-powerful-and-...ring-world

I used to be a believing Mormon, I dreamed of becoming a god of my own universe, that is until I realized what becoming a god really meant, that is also when I became an atheist. The idea of God allowing a child to be abused for some greater purpose is the most perverse concept imaginable to me, how any person of faith cannot recognize this simple fact is beyond me. I had to figure it out on my own, had it been explained to me I believe that I would have become an atheist much sooner.
[+] 2 users Like Theuniverseman's post
11-12-2011, 08:59 AM
(10-12-2011 09:08 PM)Theuniverseman Wrote:  What does the Bible tell us that God has done about evil? It tells us that he sent to his son Jesus to die for our sins and to deliver us from pain and suffering. Ultimately, God is allowing evil in the world for a purpose, otherwise, he would not let it exist. Therefore, we must trust Him that He knows what He is doing. http://carm.org/if-god-all-powerful-and-...ring-world

I used to be a believing Mormon, I dreamed of becoming a god of my own universe, that is until I realized what becoming a god really meant, that is also when I became an atheist. The idea of God allowing a child to be abused for some greater purpose is the most perverse concept imaginable to me, how any person of faith cannot recognize this simple fact is beyond me. I had to figure it out on my own, had it been explained to me I believe that I would have become an atheist much sooner.

Hey, Theuniverseman, it would be great if you started an "Ask the (former) Mormon" thread, like the "Ask a Theist" thread by kingschosen.
I would like to learn more about what Mormon's actually believe and practice - e.g. do actual Mormons actually believe in that magic underwear?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post