Is God a moral monster?
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-05-2014, 08:30 AM
RE: Is God a moral monster?
(06-05-2014 07:46 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(06-05-2014 07:41 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Indeed. The woman has no choice.

Once "married" (an interesting use of the word), the man has the explicit right to her body.

Funny thing, that. Today we call it rape.

Since you are a "thinking" person, I am sure you will think a little deeper about this account and come to understand the reason why the woman would have been positively thrilled to be asked to be an Israelites wife.
And here come the rape apologies. "The woman loves it!" Fuck you!
Damn, I'm never going to make through reading the rest of this thread. Angry

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Impulse's post
07-05-2014, 08:38 AM
Tl: dr

Yes, absolutely
07-05-2014, 08:39 AM
I know I used this the other day for TW, but it's sooo appropriate for JEW .... Ladies and Gentlemen! Roll up, roll up, next we have the Christian raper! Explaining when rape is cool! There's no such thing as a 'victim', only 'participants' in his, 'morally superior' world view!

JEW, your posts are this ...

I'll just play the 'can I help you' lick!!!
07-05-2014, 08:42 AM
(06-05-2014 08:38 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(06-05-2014 08:16 PM)Dom Wrote:  Why didn't he just create man the way he wanted them to be in the first place?

He created us knowing that we would rebel for the same reason a mother and father come together and have a child knowing that that child will experience evil and suffering in this life. They do it in love and hope, knowing that the momentary sufferings and evil their child will experience will be far outweighed by the love and joy this child will have of being loved and being able to love.

Unless mom and dad decide the kid is evil and murder it and it's offspring and friends?

Why would any benevolent being create something just to heap suffering and death and death of it's children on it?

If that isn't immoral, I don't know what is.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
07-05-2014, 08:54 AM
@Jeremy E Walker
I can't read this nonsense anymore. Do you have any idea what mean to be raped. Do you understand the feeling of seeing the person who raped you and have to bow your head. Remember the face of the person who destroyed you every single day of your life and can't do anything about it. Obviously you have no idea asshole. Trying to rationalize rape is like spiting in the victims face. I can't express how sick your statements make me fell. To me defending a crime is the same as accepting it. Hope, if your god exists sends you straight to hell. I apologize to everybody if my statements sound offensive but I can't just look the other way.
[+] 10 users Like isyreri's post
07-05-2014, 08:57 AM
(07-05-2014 08:03 AM)natachan Wrote:  I went to the university library and looked into the encyclopedia of religion and ethics. It's quite clear on this. A woman who is married is her husbands property. She is to submit to him. There was NO condemnation or consideration given to her will or her consent. She is property.

Yep, it's right there in the 'typical' 10 Commandments.

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour’s.

Notice how the wife is listed along with the house, servants, and the rest of the chattel; she is her husband's property. There is nothing here that would lead one to thinking that the wife is anything other than property, besides reading our own modern moral norms into the story; but that's ignoring what the book actually says in favor of projecting your own biases onto it.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
07-05-2014, 09:27 AM
Hey. Stupid fucktard.

"Taking a woman as your wife" against her will --especially when you have slaughtered her people and her family, for fuck's sake -- IS RAPE.

You can't sing-song your way around it. Go fuck a cactus.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
07-05-2014, 09:40 AM
(06-05-2014 07:37 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(06-05-2014 07:32 PM)Dom Wrote:  He kills the woman's parents, she is allowed to grieve for one month, and after that she will love to let the killer of her parents having sex with her anytime he pleases? And if he doesn't like her anymore he is to let her go - right into the arms of other men, she has no place to go, her home is gone, her parents and everyone dead... and THAT is being kind?

If you think that is nice, you are a savage, just like your god who is responsible for her parents being murdered in the first place.

Well Dom that is quite interesting.

In your mind these woman were innocent and lived in a town full of innocent people who were model citizens.

I suggest you brush up on the history of these societies and cultures that were marked out for destruction by God. As I stated, they would make the Nazis look like The Waltons.

Oh, the revisionism! Because anyone who lived near the jews and wasn't a jew was naturally utterly evil.

Fucking someone against their will IS RAPE, no matter what kind of bullshit gymnastics you try to play in your desperate attempts to justify it.

But thanks for letting the world know what morally depraved monsters you and everyone who adheres to your batshit religion really are.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
07-05-2014, 09:43 AM
(06-05-2014 10:46 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Ain't it just bizarre that we....intelligent, informed, educated modern people... are discussing the deplorable ethics of our ingnorant, uninformed, uneducated ancestors... as if they knew something about ethics we don't?

Jeremy...take your tripe in your leather bound tomes and shove it where the sun don't shine. And that means stop promoting it...particularly to children. You should be ashamed of yourself.

If there are no moral obligations why should I be ashamed?
07-05-2014, 09:44 AM
(07-05-2014 09:40 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(06-05-2014 07:37 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Well Dom that is quite interesting.

In your mind these woman were innocent and lived in a town full of innocent people who were model citizens.

I suggest you brush up on the history of these societies and cultures that were marked out for destruction by God. As I stated, they would make the Nazis look like The Waltons.

Oh, the revisionism! Because anyone who lived near the jews and wasn't a jew was naturally utterly evil.

Fucking someone against their will IS RAPE, no matter what kind of bullshit gymnastics you try to play in your desperate attempts to justify it.

But thanks for letting the world know what morally depraved monsters you and everyone who adheres to your batshit religion really are.

If there are no moral obligations why should I be ashamed?
Thread Closed