Is God a moral monster?
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-05-2014, 09:56 AM
RE: Is God a moral monster?
(07-05-2014 09:50 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(07-05-2014 09:46 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Why should a person be ashamed for treating a woman like property if there are no moral obligations?

She is not property. Facepalm

You do have a moral obligation. Shocking

No, your belief in your god doesn't change that. Hobo

Go fuck yourself you fucked in the head sadist. Dodgy

I agree with you. Women are not property. But I believe I am morally obligated to not treat them as such. In your world, there is no such moral obligation. Some people just choose to treat women differently than others. That is my point.
Find all posts by this user
07-05-2014, 09:56 AM
(07-05-2014 09:54 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  In your world, there is nothing that makes having empathy a moral obligation. In your world it is just something some people choose to have.
Wrong and it's been explained to you many times. It must be the rock between your ears that prevents you from understanding. Drinking Beverage

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
07-05-2014, 09:59 AM
(06-05-2014 08:26 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(06-05-2014 08:24 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  So does the Westboro Baptist church. I'm pretty sure they'd kick your ass in a debate about how to interpret scripture. They're better christians than you are.

The members of the Westboro Baptist Church have been roundly denounced by the vast majority of churches not only in America, but throughout the world.

Rightly so.

They are good examples of what happens when ignorant, sinful, wicked, hateful, bigots use religion for evil.

Their judgment will be just.
They aren't doing anything any different than you are -- spouting outrageous bullshit and justifying it with your self-same fairy tale book.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
07-05-2014, 09:59 AM
(07-05-2014 09:56 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(07-05-2014 09:54 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  In your world, there is nothing that makes having empathy a moral obligation. In your world it is just something some people choose to have.
Wrong and it's been explained to you many times. It must be the rock between your ears that prevents you from understanding. Drinking Beverage

You must not be a moral relativist then.
07-05-2014, 10:02 AM
(06-05-2014 08:29 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(06-05-2014 08:27 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  How the fuck can you justify rape?

I don't.

I despise it as one of the most horrendous evils a human being can commit against a human being.

In the OT, men were sentenced to death for it.

Today, our society, in my opinion, is too lenient on those who commit such vile acts.

You're a fucking liar. Your own book condones it and you jump through all kinds of mental hoops in your vain and arrogant attempt to maintain your denial of it. You are fucking despicable.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
07-05-2014, 10:03 AM
Hey Walker are you the same asshole that was banned in the atheistforums.com and is trolling now the atheistforums.org ?
[+] 1 user Likes Leo's post
07-05-2014, 10:09 AM
(07-05-2014 09:43 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(06-05-2014 10:46 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Ain't it just bizarre that we....intelligent, informed, educated modern people... are discussing the deplorable ethics of our ingnorant, uninformed, uneducated ancestors... as if they knew something about ethics we don't?

Jeremy...take your tripe in your leather bound tomes and shove it where the sun don't shine. And that means stop promoting it...particularly to children. You should be ashamed of yourself.

If there are no moral obligations why should I be ashamed?

Those who have a conscience would be ashamed because they do recognize moral obligations.

Sociopaths like you don't.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
07-05-2014, 10:10 AM
(07-05-2014 09:49 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  All of you affirm premise two of the moral argument with your outcries against rape.

You also affirm that apart from God, there would be no moral obligations.

Therefore you all believe God exists.

False syllogism. We have repeatedly explained where morals come from, yet since you have none you require a lawgiver.

[+] 6 users Like Chas's post
07-05-2014, 10:11 AM
(07-05-2014 09:54 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(07-05-2014 09:51 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Fuck you, we have empathy; that's why we oppose rape you fucking cunt. Dodgy

In your world, there is nothing that makes having empathy a moral obligation. In your world it is just something some people choose to have.

You clearly lack empathy if you believe one chooses it.

[+] 6 users Like Chas's post
07-05-2014, 10:13 AM
(07-05-2014 09:59 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(07-05-2014 09:56 AM)Impulse Wrote:  Wrong and it's been explained to you many times. It must be the rock between your ears that prevents you from understanding. Drinking Beverage

You must not be a moral relativist then.

False dichotomy. This has also been explained.

[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
Thread Closed