Is God a moral monster?
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-05-2014, 11:40 AM
RE: Is God a moral monster?
(07-05-2014 10:32 AM)Vosur Wrote:  I'm closing this thread for an hour to give everyone a chance to cool down. Please try to keep the discussion civil.

Why? As in why keep it civil?
I really want to know why anyone should be civil to this moral midget, this sorry excuse for a human, this deranged, delusional, disgusting piece of shit.

Please enlighten us.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like Chas's post
07-05-2014, 11:43 AM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2014 11:53 AM by Taqiyya Mockingbird.)
(07-05-2014 11:33 AM)Vosur Wrote:  This thread has been re-opened.

It was fucking stupid to close it in the first place. Who the fuck do you think you are, to arbitrarily dictate by caveat for anyone and everyone else here that they "need to cool off".

Jermery FuckFace Wrote:If there are no moral obligations why should I be ashamed?

Oh, look -- the ignorant fucktard gets backed into a corner and now tries to switch tacks with a "LOL you believe in gawd because you have morals" ploy.

You clearly didn't think this through in your desperation.

Not only have you destroyed every bit of your bullshit OP assertions with your tacit admission that your fairy tale monster IS the epitome of immorality, you also destroy your strawman that atheists are immoral and amoral. Well done, idiot.

Quote:All of you affirm premise two of the moral argument with your outcries against rape.

Not at all, and we have pointed out why several times in this thread. The fact that you refuse to admit that is merely a function of your own desperate self-delusion.

Quote:You also affirm that apart from God, there would be no moral obligations.

No way in hell. Desperate wishful thinking on your part. We have already pointed out that our senses of morality and ethics are FAR superior to those attributed to your fairy tale monster. We don't want ANYTHING to do with the depraved "morality" that YOU and your kind attribute to your mythical fairy tale monster to justify your disgusting behavior.

Quote:Therefore you all believe God exists.

^^^ The very picture of delusion.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
07-05-2014, 11:47 AM
(07-05-2014 11:40 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(07-05-2014 10:32 AM)Vosur Wrote:  I'm closing this thread for an hour to give everyone a chance to cool down. Please try to keep the discussion civil.

Why? As in why keep it civil?
I really want to know why anyone should be civil to this moral midget, this sorry excuse for a human, this deranged, delusional, disgusting piece of shit.

Please enlighten us.

Yeah, does have sort of a keep it down kids vibe to it...I said TIME OUT damnit.

Whatever...it's no moderation or too much...SSDD.

But, why does this twerp (the OP) remind me of a poster not long ago that was an extreme woman hater...the name isn't coming to me...I just have a feeling this is round two from someone we have heard from before. Is this ringing any bells for anyone else?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
07-05-2014, 12:26 PM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2014 12:35 PM by Charis.)
I forgave way too early. This is an unfortunate result of the conditioning I got as a fundy. After all, if I don't forgive, I don't get forgiven, AND I can't take communion... which was pretty handy for the ex, since he just chose communion time to confess his sins to me, freeing him to partake in communion with everyone else, and forcing me to forgive unless I wanted to be excluded. Someone as isolated as me could not bear to be excluded even more from the only people I really knew.

Even while being a fundy, I had issues with these parts of the Bible. I often got reprimanded by my husband for blasphemy when I would say things like,"It's not the parts of the Bible I DON'T understand that make me feel like God is like Allah... it's the parts I DO understand." I was indoctrinated, and I was warped. Sooo warped. I still am, though I'm improving. But I recognized, even then, that something was just wrong.

You see, most decent Christians will feel uncomfortable with these rapey parts. They'll cling to the "God is love," belief and try to get around those parts. They'll feel shifty, and not really know what to do about them, or say that "that's the Old Testament" and then cling desperately to the New Testament in the hopes that there's a better decency to be found there. There's major cognitive discord with the decent folks... they just don't know what to do with the bad stuff, and they really truly hold to the good stuff, or they try to.

The indecent Christians? The ones like my ex? Ohhhh, they DEFEND IT! God wrote it and demanded/condoned it, so they're free to EMBRACE it as true, right, just and holy! "These people groups were evil, so everything that was done to these infants and virgins was righteous and just judgement from a righteous, just and LOVING God." "Oh, the captive women WANTED this!" "Yes, of course a month is ample time for grieving. That's long enough. Now get on with it." "Justified." "Righteous." "Right." Fuck you. Prick. There is no civility in this. There is no decency in this.

Edited for details.

A person very dear to me was badly hurt through a misunderstanding and miscommunication. For this, I am sorry, and he knows it. That said, any blaming me for malicious intent is for the birds. I will not wear some scarlet letter, I will not be anybody's whipping girl, and I will not lurk in silence.
[+] 6 users Like Charis's post
07-05-2014, 12:28 PM
(07-05-2014 11:40 AM)Chas Wrote:  Why? As in why keep it civil?

Please enlighten us.
Because a meaningful dialogue, as evidenced by this and many other threads, isn't possible when people are throwing insults at each other's heads. You won't be punished for uncivil behavior because it's not a violation of the forum rules, but that doesn't mean that I won't try to appeal to everyone's better nature.

(07-05-2014 11:43 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  It was fucking stupid to close it in the first place. Who the fuck do you think you are, to arbitrarily dictate by caveat for anyone and everyone else here that they "need to cool off".
Well, I am a moderator and closing threads for up to an hour to allow people to cool down is one of my responsibilities.

That being said, if either of you (or anyone else) has a serious issue with the action I took, I suggest you to contact one of the two administrators about it.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
07-05-2014, 12:31 PM
Jesus Christ, there have been uglier threads on the merits of movies and music around here.

May as well go to AF if we now have to play nice with assholes.

And where the fuck is Chippy when we need him?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
07-05-2014, 12:33 PM
(07-05-2014 12:28 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(07-05-2014 11:40 AM)Chas Wrote:  Why? As in why keep it civil?

Please enlighten us.
Because a meaningful dialogue, as evidenced by this and many other threads, isn't possible when people are throwing insults at each other's heads. You won't be punished for uncivil behavior because it's not a violation of the forum rules, but that doesn't mean that I won't try to appeal to everyone's better nature.

(07-05-2014 11:43 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  It was fucking stupid to close it in the first place. Who the fuck do you think you are, to arbitrarily dictate by caveat for anyone and everyone else here that they "need to cool off".
Well, I am a moderator and closing threads for up to an hour to allow people to cool down is one of my responsibilities.

That being said, if either of you (or anyone else) has a serious issue with the action I took, I suggest you to contact one of the two administrators about it.

You seem to have confused this forum with the Kiddy Pool at AFO. Perhaps you should be a moderator there instead.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
07-05-2014, 12:38 PM
(07-05-2014 12:33 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(07-05-2014 12:28 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Because a meaningful dialogue, as evidenced by this and many other threads, isn't possible when people are throwing insults at each other's heads. You won't be punished for uncivil behavior because it's not a violation of the forum rules, but that doesn't mean that I won't try to appeal to everyone's better nature.

You seem to have confused this forum with the Kiddy Pool at AFO. Perhaps you should be a moderator there instead.

Taq, you did start going full tilt again... while you made a perfectly valid statement, plus I happen to agree, the presentation was a bit overboard, hurts the eyes.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
07-05-2014, 12:38 PM
(07-05-2014 12:28 PM)Vosur Wrote:  

Are you suggesting that a bunch of defiant atheists should acknowledge the moral authority of the creator of the forum? Drinking Beverage
[+] 1 user Likes djhall's post
07-05-2014, 12:39 PM
(07-05-2014 12:38 PM)djhall Wrote:  
(07-05-2014 12:28 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Well, I am a moderator and closing threads for up to an hour to allow people to cool down is one of my responsibilities.

Are you suggesting that a bunch of defiant atheists should acknowledge the moral authority of the creator of the forum? Angel

Vosur didn't create the forum. Neither did the admins.

Thread Closed