Is God a moral monster?
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-05-2014, 07:44 PM
RE: Is God a moral monster?
(06-05-2014 07:41 PM)Dom Wrote:  So murdering people and raping their daughters is condoned because they are not the Waltons? It is NOT EVER ok. Christians are the ones with no morals.

You're just taking that out of context.

Divine command is a literal acknowledgement that there is nothing beyond subjective personal experience. Funny, that.

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
06-05-2014, 07:46 PM
(06-05-2014 07:41 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(06-05-2014 07:39 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  God condones a man marrying a woman if a man decides to marry her. Yes He does condone this.

Indeed. The woman has no choice.

Once "married" (an interesting use of the word), the man has the explicit right to her body.

Funny thing, that. Today we call it rape.

Since you are a "thinking" person, I am sure you will think a little deeper about this account and come to understand the reason why the woman would have been positively thrilled to be asked to be an Israelites wife.
06-05-2014, 07:46 PM
(06-05-2014 07:43 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Not all, no.

But nothing more is needed. For you would think me deserving of punishment if I took your child and offered it as a sacrifice on a red hot spike in the name of little golden statue i have sitting on my mantle.

I would think you a danger to society and seek to find a way to make sure you didn't have the opportunity

Now, one of two things has happened here. Either you just said "fuck it" to yourself and busted out a disingenuously emotionally loaded red herring, or you actually and literally cannot conceive of other human beings not stroking off to the concept of petty revenge.

(06-05-2014 07:43 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  I find people like you amusing. You seem to want me to believe your sensibilities are offended when you hear of God punishing people for evil they commit, but you will not hesitate in declaring that the "religious" should be punished for the supposed crimes and evil they have committed against unbelievers. Laughat

Oh, hey, that's a nice straw man. Where did you find it?

06-05-2014, 07:47 PM
Are you saying that rape is only a "supposed" crime against someone else, and not an ACTUAL crime against someone else?

Also, when you stated that this thread is directed at those who believe the Bible condones/commands rape, this SEEMED to insinuate that you do NOT believe this to be the case. Are you now saying that non-consensual sex with a female captive is actually a just Godly punishment? If so, fuck you. If not, please let us know where her command to not lay a hand on her if she does not want it is to be obeyed.

A person very dear to me was badly hurt through a misunderstanding and miscommunication. For this, I am sorry, and he knows it. That said, any blaming me for malicious intent is for the birds. I will not wear some scarlet letter, I will not be anybody's whipping girl, and I will not lurk in silence.
[+] 2 users Like Charis's post
06-05-2014, 07:48 PM
(06-05-2014 07:41 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(06-05-2014 07:39 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  God condones a man marrying a woman if a man decides to marry her. Yes He does condone this.

Indeed. The woman has no choice.

Once "married" (an interesting use of the word), the man has the explicit right to her body.

Funny thing, that. Today we call it rape.

The woman did have a choice. She could have chosen to remain a captive. This passage does not speak at all about the choice because the passage is not about that.

Remember here now, she is a captive, not a free citizen.
06-05-2014, 07:49 PM
(06-05-2014 07:46 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Since you are a "thinking" person, I am sure you will think a little deeper about this account and come to understand the reason why the woman would have been positively thrilled to be asked to be an Israelites wife.

"It's not wrong if they deserve it. In fact, they should be grateful".

Son, you are just going full criminal watch list tonight.

I fear for any woman you're ever involved with.

[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
06-05-2014, 07:50 PM
Oh oh oh! Is this a chance where I can use that gif Losty used once before! HELL YEAH!

[Image: 1d99d7f286fec6bac7394be6c44d734a.jpg]

Rape's not good and ain't no one that'll convince me otherwise.
(06-05-2014 07:39 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(06-05-2014 07:37 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Well Dom that is quite interesting.

In your mind these woman were innocent and lived in a town full of innocent people who were model citizens.

I suggest you brush up on the history of these societies and cultures that were marked out for destruction by God. As I stated, they would make the Nazis look like The Waltons.

"It's not wrong if they deserve it".

Facepalm

Come the fuck on. That's all you've got?

In addition to that, what makes some people deserve it and what makes other people not deserve it? Why would rape back then be okay dokay if the guy married the lady but today would be condemnable? And what countries are these that are marked out of their destruction by God? Why eliminate a whole country instead of specific people? I'm sure you'll find my questions silly but I'm throwing them out there anyways.

[Image: notagain.gif]
06-05-2014, 07:50 PM
(06-05-2014 07:42 PM)Charis Wrote:  Are you saying that non-consensual sex is suitable? If so, how?

If not, then please show us where it is assumed that the woman has the authority to say "No" and to have it respected. I'm not seeing where she is given the right. I am seeing where the man may have sex with her. I am not seeing where she may refuse and be obeyed.

The sex in question is not non consensual, but consensual.
06-05-2014, 07:52 PM
(06-05-2014 07:49 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(06-05-2014 07:46 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Since you are a "thinking" person, I am sure you will think a little deeper about this account and come to understand the reason why the woman would have been positively thrilled to be asked to be an Israelites wife.

"It's not wrong if they deserve it. In fact, they should be grateful".

Son, you are just going full criminal watch list tonight.

I fear for any woman you're ever involved with.

That is great, but you are being naive as to how the world works in your attempt to paint me as some type of immoral person.

Women will sell themselves nowadays for a pair of shoes. How much more would one who had been taken captive from such a society as the ones in question.
06-05-2014, 07:55 PM
(06-05-2014 07:50 PM)Miss Suzanne Wrote:  Oh oh oh! Is this a chance where I can use that gif Losty used once before! HELL YEAH!

[Image: 1d99d7f286fec6bac7394be6c44d734a.jpg]

Rape's not good and ain't no one that'll convince me otherwise.
(06-05-2014 07:39 PM)cjlr Wrote:  "It's not wrong if they deserve it".

Facepalm

Come the fuck on. That's all you've got?

In addition to that, what makes some people deserve it and what makes other people not deserve it? Why would rape back then be okay dokay if the guy married the lady but today would be condemnable? And what countries are these that are marked out of their destruction by God? Why eliminate a whole country instead of specific people? I'm sure you'll find my questions silly but I'm throwing them out there anyways.

Great questions. Rape was condemned then by God just as it is now. In fact, the penalty for raping someone was death.

The question about the elimination of a society is a red herring.
Thread Closed