Is God a moral monster?
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-05-2014, 08:16 PM
RE: Is God a moral monster?
Your god sure likes to do a lot of killing. It reminds me a lot of Shariah.

And what about these girl children that have never been with a man that the plunderers and murderers are allowed to keep? Nothing there about even marrying them.

Sounds a lot like what is on the news today - all these young teenage girls abducted as slaves with the plan to sell them...

Just disgusting.

And - NOTHING justifies genocide. Killing entire cities full of people.

Why didn't he just create man the way he wanted them to be in the first place?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
06-05-2014, 08:19 PM
(06-05-2014 08:14 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(06-05-2014 07:37 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  I suggest you brush up on the history of these societies and cultures that were marked out for destruction by God. As I stated, they would make the Nazis look like The Waltons.

You mean like reading the bible about the society and culture of the Israelites who make the Nazis look like the Waltons?

Your apologetics are based on a flimsy desire to make the god of the bible look righteous and loving. You're fighting against the bible here. You are swimming against the stream of shit that is the very source for your "hippie version" of the bible that christians today want to pretend is what they follow. It just doesn't wash, friend.

You get to believe what you want to believe. You are not going to be able to justify it, though. You have failed on your first attempt. Give it up.

Actually I am quite confident that when properly understood and interpreted, the OT gives us the same picture of God as the NT does.

I take the OT at face value and do not attempt to gloss over what is written in it. I believe the entire bible is God's word, not just some of it. I believe it must be rightly interpreted and when it is, it gives us a more complete picture of who God is.
06-05-2014, 08:20 PM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2014 10:26 AM by Charis.)
(06-05-2014 08:13 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(06-05-2014 08:03 PM)Charis Wrote:  So far, just fuck you, okay? If this "god" of yours exists in the form shown in this thread, with all the little semantics games you've played, he can throw himself into his own lake of fire and fuck himself too. With Taq's cactus.

This is unbelievable. Yes, I am morally superior to a being such as this. To say so isn't arrogant, but to NOT be morally superior to this is to be a dangerous person. I've modified my rating for you, linking to this thread. This is a disgrace. My husband used similar wording to yours and was backed up by our pastor. Got me raped. Fuck you all who in ANY way excuse this for ANY reason. Get your head out of your ass, darling. Get off this forum. You're a disgrace to humanity if you think rape is okay. I'm having nothing more to do with you. Right now, I hate your guts. Just go.

If you were raped and the person used the Bible to defend it, then they are wrong on both accounts. For rape is wrong and using the Bible to defend it is wrong. Whether the person were a pastor, or the pope, it was still wrong. And I am sorry you were hurt. Sad

All you had to say was no, and if you did, and he did not listen, then it is rape. Married or not.

Marital rape, also known as spousal rape, is non-consensual sex in which the perpetrator is the victim's spouse. It is a form of partner rape, of domestic violence, and of sexual abuse. It can be equally, or even more, emotionally and physically damaging than rape by a stranger. -Wikipedia

Okay, fine. Well thank you for that. I will amend my rating.

I am glad you are of this opinion. I wish others were as well. You're still getting a negative for now, but I'll take the more furious portion off.

Later edited to say: Welp, after reading the rest of the thread, looks like you're still defending God and what he condones. You're on one hand placating me. On the other hand, you're just continuing on. Fuck you. Apply cacti liberally. Rating again changed, this thread again added to rating.

A person very dear to me was badly hurt through a misunderstanding and miscommunication. For this, I am sorry, and he knows it. That said, any blaming me for malicious intent is for the birds. I will not wear some scarlet letter, I will not be anybody's whipping girl, and I will not lurk in silence.
06-05-2014, 08:24 PM
(06-05-2014 08:19 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Actually I am quite confident that when properly understood and interpreted, the OT gives us the same picture of God as the NT does.

I take the OT at face value and do not attempt to gloss over what is written in it. I believe the entire bible is God's word, not just some of it. I believe it must be rightly interpreted and when it is, it gives us a more complete picture of who God is.

So does the Westboro Baptist church. I'm pretty sure they'd kick your ass in a debate about how to interpret scripture. They're better christians than you are.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
06-05-2014, 08:24 PM
(06-05-2014 08:20 PM)Charis Wrote:  
(06-05-2014 08:13 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  If you were raped and the person used the Bible to defend it, then they are wrong on both accounts. For rape is wrong and using the Bible to defend it is wrong. Whether the person were a pastor, or the pope, it was still wrong. And I am sorry you were hurt. Sad

All you had to say was no, and if you did, and he did not listen, then it is rape. Married or not.

Marital rape, also known as spousal rape, is non-consensual sex in which the perpetrator is the victim's spouse. It is a form of partner rape, of domestic violence, and of sexual abuse. It can be equally, or even more, emotionally and physically damaging than rape by a stranger. -Wikipedia

Okay, fine. Well thank you for that. I will amend my rating.

I am glad you are of this opinion. I wish others were as well. You're still getting a negative for now, but I'll take the more furious portion off.

Can I send you a message?
06-05-2014, 08:26 PM
(06-05-2014 08:24 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(06-05-2014 08:20 PM)Charis Wrote:  Okay, fine. Well thank you for that. I will amend my rating.

Can I send you a message?

Not right now. You're technically on my ignore list. I was going back to trying to read your posts and that's what I saw. Give me some time. You hit a major trigger.

A person very dear to me was badly hurt through a misunderstanding and miscommunication. For this, I am sorry, and he knows it. That said, any blaming me for malicious intent is for the birds. I will not wear some scarlet letter, I will not be anybody's whipping girl, and I will not lurk in silence.
(06-05-2014 08:24 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(06-05-2014 08:19 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Actually I am quite confident that when properly understood and interpreted, the OT gives us the same picture of God as the NT does.

So does the Westboro Baptist church. I'm pretty sure they'd kick your ass in a debate about how to interpret scripture. They're better christians than you are.

The members of the Westboro Baptist Church have been roundly denounced by the vast majority of churches not only in America, but throughout the world.

Rightly so.

They are good examples of what happens when ignorant, sinful, wicked, hateful, bigots use religion for evil.

Their judgment will be just.
(06-05-2014 07:37 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(06-05-2014 07:32 PM)Dom Wrote:  He kills the woman's parents, she is allowed to grieve for one month, and after that she will love to let the killer of her parents having sex with her anytime he pleases? And if he doesn't like her anymore he is to let her go - right into the arms of other men, she has no place to go, her home is gone, her parents and everyone dead... and THAT is being kind?

If you think that is nice, you are a savage, just like your god who is responsible for her parents being murdered in the first place.

Well Dom that is quite interesting.

In your mind these woman were innocent and lived in a town full of innocent people who were model citizens.

I suggest you brush up on the history of these societies and cultures that were marked out for destruction by God. As I stated, they would make the Nazis look like The Waltons.

Deluded and pathetic idiot! Keep trying you moron.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
[+] 1 user Likes Timber1025's post
06-05-2014, 08:27 PM
How the fuck can you justify rape?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
06-05-2014, 08:29 PM
(06-05-2014 08:27 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  How the fuck can you justify rape?

I don't.

I despise it as one of the most horrendous evils a human being can commit against a human being.

In the OT, men were sentenced to death for it.

Today, our society, in my opinion, is too lenient on those who commit such vile acts.
[+] 1 user Likes Jeremy E Walker's post
Thread Closed