Is God an atheist?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-01-2013, 11:27 AM
RE: Is God an atheist?
I do have a theory about that "historical Jesus" guy though... if anyone cares to hear about it.

Jesus' message was: there is no god. He was an atheist - and this was his message of being. The status quo couldn't take the implications - it just wouldn't work either politically or economically - so they effectively took him out. Shit happens - no biggie in the historical scheme of things.

There's more but that's the gist of it. Drinking Beverage

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-01-2013, 11:30 AM
(17-01-2013 11:27 AM)kim Wrote:  I do have a theory about that "historical Jesus" guy though... if anyone cares to hear about it.

Jesus' message was: there is no god. He was an atheist - and this was his message of being. The status quo couldn't take the implications - it just wouldn't work either politically or economically - so they effectively took him out. Shit happens - no biggie in the historical scheme of things.

If you're right, that'd be the biggest (and bitterest) irony this world has ever seen.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
17-01-2013, 12:15 PM
(17-01-2013 11:27 AM)kim Wrote:  I do have a theory about that "historical Jesus" guy though... if anyone cares to hear about it.

What made you think of this possibility? Consider

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
17-01-2013, 12:28 PM
(17-01-2013 12:15 PM)Vosur Wrote:  What made you think of this possibility? Consider

The insistence that there is some "historical Jesus" and that history has a way of creating and/or re-creating itself. If the notion of this Jesus guy was created under the assumption that "it's always about god", then it's possible that if there was actually a guy, he was probably doing something more against the grain than going along with it. If a guy was to be killed by people who desperately wanted a god to exist, then it was most likely that he was saying god didn't exist.

It's just a theory I've been kicking around for many years. I think it's as plausible as anything else.... in fact, far more probable.
Jesus was an atheist. Cool, time to move on from there. Drinking Beverage

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
19-01-2013, 02:18 AM
If a god existed, he would be so super rational, like Dawkins on crack.

Of course he would be an atheist.

He would see himself as merely a different lifeform who had fantastic abilities, in which other primitive lifeforms would consider godlike.
His name would be "The Picard"
He wouldn't be anything like what we imagine a god to be, because that god is imaginary.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post