Is God light or is he eternal? He can't be both. . .

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-10-2015, 03:14 PM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2015 03:24 PM by jennybee.)
RE: Is God light or is he eternal? He can't be both. . .
(09-10-2015 03:08 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  
(09-10-2015 03:01 PM)Alla Wrote:  What does "Eternal God" mean according to the Bible?
I guess that first of all you have to know what "God" means according to the Bible.
So, what does "God" mean according to the Bible? may be then you will know what Eternal God means. May be when you have answers to those questions you will know why there are no words in the Bible: "God always existed"

Psalm 90:2 states that god is "from everlasting to everlasting"

If everlasting is both the starting point and end point, that means he has no beginning and no end according to the bible.

Revelation 22:13: "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end." Another biblical contradiction Consider
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-10-2015, 03:15 PM
(09-10-2015 03:12 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(09-10-2015 03:08 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  Psalm 90:2 states that god is "from everlasting to everlasting"

If everlasting is both the starting point and end point, that means he has no beginning and no end according to the bible.

If he had no beginning, that means he never existed, and of course something that never existed will never end since it never began in the first place. Consider

20 points for Gryfindor!

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Octapulse's post
(09-10-2015 03:00 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  Because if god is light and he is present, then there is light already and no need for him to say"let there be light"

Who said He was present in that dark place when He said those words?
God was wherever He was and He knew that it was dark somewhere far away and He thought that it has to be light there. He made it happen. How?
The Bible is silent and you are not interested in LDS Doctrine so I can offer my assumptions: 1)what if God said: "let be the light" and placed source of light(un-known to us star) which He didn't mention at that time?
2)What if God said: "let it be the light" and moved Earth from the dark far away place to the place where He/God/Light was present?

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
(09-10-2015 02:36 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  Don't throw semantics into this when the bible specifically posits God's physical attribute as light. Example: the radiance of god that blinded Moses. Was he blinded by symbolism? No. He was physically blinded by a physical light

How about the radiance of Moses:

"But whenever Moses went before the LORD to speak with Him, he would remove the veil until he came out. After he came out, he would tell the Israelites what he had been commanded, and the Israelites would see that Moses' face was radiant. Then Moses would put the veil over his face again until he went to speak with the LORD." ( Exodus 34:35-36

"which was engraved in letters on stone, came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of its glory, transitory though it was" )2 Corinthians 3:13.

Do you read Moses's radiance, that led him to cover his own face, speaking of a physical light? Or representative of his "glory" as Paul put it?

But just to be clear were as you read Physical Light into these early passages, do you read physical light into the passages of Jesus being the light of the world, and commanding his followers to be the light of humanity? Or do you read the "light" in these passages as symbolic?

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
09-10-2015, 03:19 PM
(09-10-2015 03:15 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(09-10-2015 03:00 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  Because if god is light and he is present, then there is light already and no need for him to say"let there be light"

God was wherever He was and He knew that it was dark somewhere far away and He thought that it has to be light there. He made it happen. How?
The Bible is silent and you are not interested in LDS Doctrine so I can offer my assumptions: 1)what if God said: "let be the light" and placed source of light(un-known to us star) which He didn't mention at that time?
2)What if God said: "let it be the light" and moved Earth from the dark far away place to the place where He/God/Light was present?

[Image: banzai_quote.jpg]

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
09-10-2015, 03:20 PM

What if god pulled a string of LED anal beads out of his ass?? What if does not answer questions Alla

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
09-10-2015, 03:22 PM

3) What if God never existed and was just a story told by people who tried to make sense of things they didn't understand?
[+] 4 users Like jennybee's post
09-10-2015, 03:23 PM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2015 03:28 PM by Octapulse.)
(09-10-2015 03:15 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(09-10-2015 02:36 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  Don't throw semantics into this when the bible specifically posits God's physical attribute as light. Example: the radiance of god that blinded Moses. Was he blinded by symbolism? No. He was physically blinded by a physical light

How about the radiance of Moses:

"But whenever Moses went before the LORD to speak with Him, he would remove the veil until he came out. After he came out, he would tell the Israelites what he had been commanded, and the Israelites would see that Moses' face was radiant. Then Moses would put the veil over his face again until he went to speak with the LORD." ( Exodus 34:35-36

"which was engraved in letters on stone, came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of its glory, transitory though it was" )2 Corinthians 3:13.

Do you read Moses's radiance, that led him to cover his own face, speaking of a physical light? Or representative of his "glory" as Paul put it?

But just to be clear were as you read Physical Light into these early passages, do you read physical light into the passages of Jesus being the light of the world, and commanding his followers to be the light of humanity? Or do you read the "light" in these passages as symbolic?

Both, it was the radiance of god being referenced as glory. That latter is symbolic as it was positioned in a symbolic context. Not so with the account of Moses

Is that verse in Revelation 22 about the New Jerusalem saying that they will have no need of physical light because gawd will be their symbolic light??

09-10-2015, 03:27 PM
(09-10-2015 03:14 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(09-10-2015 03:08 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  Psalm 90:2 states that god is "from everlasting to everlasting"

Revelation 22:13: I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.
1)So, what is "God" according to God of the Bible? When we have true answer we know what it means "ETERNAL God"
2)God said that He is "the first and the last". I have a question: where exactly is He the first and the last? in His kingdom? or everywhere else?
Any mother can say only to her children: I am a mother and I am the first and the last. Does she mean that there are no other mothers in the universe? or does she mean that in their house there is only one mother - her, she is the first and the last.
"The beginning and the end.." Hmm.. Eternal God said that He is the beginning and the end? Hmm.. so, what is God? How is eternal the beginning and the end?

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
09-10-2015, 03:29 PM
(09-10-2015 03:27 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(09-10-2015 03:14 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Revelation 22:13: I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.
1)So, what is "God" according to God of the Bible? When we have true answer we know what it means "ETERNAL God"
2)God said that He is "the first and the last". I have a question: where exactly is He the first and the last? in His kingdom? or everywhere else?
Any mother can say only to her children: I am a mother and I am the first and the last. Does she mean that there are no other mothers in the universe? or does she mean that in their house there is only one mother - her, she is the first and the last.
"The beginning and the end.." Hmm.. Eternal God said that He is the beginning and the end? Hmm.. so, what is God? How is eternal the beginning and the end?

Please go back and read where I already answered this