Is God light or is he eternal? He can't be both. . .

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-10-2015, 04:41 PM
RE: Is God light or is he eternal? He can't be both. . .
(09-10-2015 04:21 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  
(09-10-2015 04:07 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  Also in Rev 22: " “I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you[a] this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star.”"

Is this symbolic brightness of the Morning star, or physical light?

Another question for you, when you read what appears to be descriptions of physical light in references to God, do these descriptions contain both the physical properties, and symbolic connotations with it? Do you see the symbolic meanings present there, even in what appears to you as physical descriptions? It appears you do, since you see the light of God as both representative of some physical property of God, and of his Glory?

I will answer yours when you answer mine

Is that verse in Revelation 22 about the New Jerusalem saying that they will have no need of physical light because gawd will be their symbolic light??

The imagery used in the beginning of Revelations 22, is an image in which the light from from the sun, or lamps is no longer needed, because God would be their light. If you read the passages in Revelations 22 as entirely literally, than sure in this passage the physical light of the sun and lamps, is being replaced by God.

Now answer mine.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-10-2015, 04:47 PM
(09-10-2015 04:20 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  
(09-10-2015 04:10 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  WTF OP? I thought you were gonna keep Alla out of here? Laugh out load

You can't say I didn't try . . .

I can't say I don't try - I am talking only about God of the Bible. Big Grin

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
09-10-2015, 04:57 PM
(09-10-2015 03:34 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  According to the bible, god is:
The creator of all things
1) God of the Bible doesn't claim that He is creator of all things.
2)It doesn't explain what God is.
(09-10-2015 03:34 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  Eternal עוֹלָם "olam" "always" "perpetual"
Light
Love
In a covenant relationship with Israel
Boobytrapper of the garden of eden
Gozer the destructor
Blah blah blah
Yes, God did this and God did that according to the Bible. God is Love (by the way there is no such thing as love in real world). God is Light. Sun is also light.
All those things do not help me to know what God is. If I don't know what "God means" I can not know what "Eternal God" means.
Octapulse, you don't know what "God" is according to the Bible, and certainly, you don't know what "Eternal God" means according to the Bible.

09-10-2015, 05:31 PM
(09-10-2015 04:07 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(09-10-2015 03:23 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  Both, it was the radiance of god being referenced as glory. That latter is symbolic as it was positioned in a symbolic context. Not so with the account of Moses

Is that verse in Revelation 22 about the New Jerusalem saying that they will have no need of physical light because gawd will be their symbolic light??

Also in Rev 22: " “I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you[a] this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star.”"

Another question for you, when you read what appears to be descriptions of physical light in references to God, do these descriptions contain both the physical properties, and symbolic connotations with it? Do you see the symbolic meanings present there, even in what appears to you as physical descriptions? It appears you do, since you see the light of God as both representative of some physical property of God, and of his Glory?

It is using symbolism to convey a physical truth. If I've never seen a god before and am not acquainted with heavenly things, how would I describe god? By using things I know. If God's radiance is bright, I might compare it with the spiral light of Venus (which is most likely what they are referring to with "bright morning star". So while they are using symbolism, it is to convey a physical attribute of god as described in the scriptures

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-10-2015, 05:41 PM
(09-10-2015 02:36 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  [quote='Tomasia' pid='874190' dateline='1444422762']
Don't throw semantics into this when the bible specifically posits God's physical attribute as light. Example: the radiance of god that blinded Moses. Was he blinded by symbolism? No. He was physically blinded by a physical light
Yes, physical bodies of men are sources of light and radiation.
Men are created in the image and likeness of Gods(according to the Bible).
God is source of greater light and radiation.
But what does "God" mean according to the Bible?

09-10-2015, 05:46 PM
(09-10-2015 04:07 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  Also in Rev 22: " “I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you[a] this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star.”"
According to the Bible? The Bible doesn't provide an answer.
But we may assume that both - symbolically and literally.
Symbolically Jesus is the bright Morning Star because He is the very FIRST child of God. Literally - every man is source of light. Glorified God is source of great light. (and radiation)Thumbsup

09-10-2015, 05:46 PM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2015 05:51 PM by Alla.)
;;;;...
09-10-2015, 05:52 PM
(09-10-2015 05:41 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(09-10-2015 02:36 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  [quote='Tomasia' pid='874190' dateline='1444422762']
Don't throw semantics into this when the bible specifically posits God's physical attribute as light. Example: the radiance of god that blinded Moses. Was he blinded by symbolism? No. He was physically blinded by a physical light
Yes, physical bodies of men are sources of light and radiation.
Men are created in the image and likeness of Gods(according to the Bible).
God is source of greater light and radiation.
But what does "God" mean according to the Bible?

Deepqk Chopra much? Your woo is at a 8.9, I would like you at a 0

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
09-10-2015, 05:59 PM
(09-10-2015 05:52 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  Deepqk Chopra much? Your woo is at a 8.9, I would like you at a 0

I have no doubts that this is what you want. Smile
My "mission" is over:
1)you know now the Bible doesn't claim that God created light
2)You know now that the Bible doesn't explain what "God" means
3)You know now that you have no idea what "Eternal God" means
4)You know now that the Bible doesn't claim that God created everything
Kiss

09-10-2015, 06:05 PM
(09-10-2015 05:59 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(09-10-2015 05:52 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  Deepqk Chopra much? Your woo is at a 8.9, I would like you at a 0

I have no doubts that this is what you want. Smile
My "mission" is over:
1)you know now the Bible doesn't claim that God created light
2)You know now that the Bible doesn't explain what "God" means
3)You know now that you have no idea what "Eternal God" means
4)You know now that the Bible doesn't claim that God created everything
Kiss

You're right Alla, the book of Genesis doesn't exist, there are no descriptions of god whatsoever in the bible and there is no hebrew definition for the word eternal.

I know it's all bullshit, but even when it comes to bullshit you choose the way of the ostritch. . .