Is God light or is he eternal? He can't be both. . .

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-10-2015, 05:36 PM
RE: Is God light or is he eternal? He can't be both. . .
(09-10-2015 02:19 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  The bible posits that god is light.

But due to relativity light experiences its entire existence from emission to absorbtion in an instant. And so God experiences the universe in an instant.

Or something.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-10-2015, 11:25 AM
RE: Is God light or is he eternal? He can't be both. . .
(09-10-2015 02:36 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  Don't throw semantics into this when the bible specifically posits God's physical attribute as light. Example: the radiance of god that blinded Moses. Was he blinded by symbolism? No. He was physically blinded by a physical light

Different words are used for different meanings; likewise, same words are used for different meanings. It depends on the context.

Reading through those verses I don't see a single issue (granted, I glanced at them).

Within the story of Moses, did God blind him with light? Yes. But, there isn't any semantics here; trying to hide behind mental gymnastics or symbolism.

That's a long list of verses, and I really don't want to break them down to the Greek and Hebrew, so, if you would be so kind, give me a few verses that are the most concerning to you and your claims, and I will try my best to interpret them without double speak or BS.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply