Is God the head of the Captain Coward club?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-03-2013, 06:53 AM

Men rule politics and religions and set the moral rules that we all live by. Thanks to the fact that most child rearing is done by women, women may be the actual rulers of society. The jury is still out on that issue.

Men and women of good moral sense have traditionally chosen to put women and children ahead of themselves in situation where harm is in play. Moral men follow the Harm/Care tenet.

http://blog.ted.com/2008/09/17/the_real_differ/

Men seem to think that it is wrong for men to place themselves ahead of their children when death is at hand. Men feel that it is their duty to their families to insure that their families survive, ----- even at the cost of their own lives. True moral men step up to this sacrifice and show their good moral sense that declares and calls for the sanctification of the family. This is one of the main tenets of morality. These men know good from evil and choose to do the good thing.

Recently, a man, be it by accident or design, found himself doing the evil thing and ended up ahead of women and children in the life boats.

The predominantly Christian world dubbed him Captain Coward.

As above, so below.

Christians are to emulate God and put his laws above all else. That is the first commandment.

God’s law, the opposite of man’s law, is to put Fathers ahead of women/spirit and children/life.

If we use the scenario of a sinking ship as an analogy, we see that God did the opposite of what good moral men have decided should be the standard by taking a seat in the live boat and leaving his son to die needlessly. Christians praise such an immoral, satanic action performed by God and have lined up behind Jesus’ corpse to try to profit and gain benefits from this despicable act of pre-planned murder.

Christians should condemn their satanic God’s actions like good moral men have done, --- yet they do not. They prefer to follow Captain Coward’s ways and morals.

Regards
DL
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-03-2013, 06:59 AM
Re: Is God the head of the Captain Coward club?
If Jesus is God, didn't he go down with the ship leaving the life rafts to his believers?
OK so he was in no real danger but that detracts just as much from the captain coward argument does it not?
13-03-2013, 07:22 AM
RE: Is God the head of the Captain Coward club?
"Men
and women of good moral sense have traditionally chosen to put women
and children ahead of themselves in situation where harm is in play."

I'm just glad to hear that women are man enough to put women ahead of women.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes bbeljefe's post
14-03-2013, 12:27 PM
(13-03-2013 07:22 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  "Men
and women of good moral sense have traditionally chosen to put women
and children ahead of themselves in situation where harm is in play."

I'm just glad to hear that women are man enough to put women ahead of women.
If Jesus is One with the Father, and we're all God's children...
14-03-2013, 12:29 PM
(13-03-2013 06:59 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  If Jesus is God, didn't he go down with the ship leaving the life rafts to his believers?
OK so he was in no real danger but that detracts just as much from the captain coward argument does it not?
If Jesus is God then he cannot sacrifice himself to himself.
Regards
DL
14-03-2013, 07:01 PM
(14-03-2013 12:27 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  If Jesus is One with the Father, and we're all God's children...
... if spinach didn't come in cans, Popeye the Sailorman would carry around a can of Pork'n Beans.

... if the fox hadn't stopped to shit, he'd have caught supper.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
[+] 1 user Likes bbeljefe's post
14-03-2013, 10:50 PM
(13-03-2013 06:53 AM)Greatest I am Wrote:  Men seem to think that it is wrong for men to place themselves ahead of their children when death is at hand. Men feel that it is their duty to their families to insure that their families survive, ----- even at the cost of their own lives. True moral men step up to this sacrifice and show their good moral sense that declares and calls for the sanctification of the family. This is one of the main tenets of morality. These men know good from evil and choose to do the good thing.
I agree, "true moral men" sacrifice for their families. Men will sacrifice their lives for people that they love.

Christians think that God loves us because he gave his son for us (John 3:16). However, was it really a sacrifice? It's not as if Jesus went to Hell in our place, or even surrendered his life in trade for other lives. His "death" was just a 3-day vacation.

If God knows that we're going to die, and could prevent our deaths at no cost to Himself, and also loves us, then why do people die? That's not love, nor is it moral. If given the option to prevent a needless death (such as an innocent baby dying from crib death), wouldn't we prevent it if we could? Hell, we'd do it for total strangers. But God obviously does not. Captain Coward perhaps, and a moral monster definitely. Unless, of course, He doesn't exist.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
14-03-2013, 10:55 PM
(14-03-2013 12:27 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  If Jesus is One with the Father, and we're all God's children...
...then you'd expect Jesus to put our interests ahead of his own, rather than demanding that our existence is all about what He wants. A bad father demands that his children worship him. A good father does everything he can to keep his children happy.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
[+] 1 user Likes Starcrash's post
15-03-2013, 07:10 AM
(14-03-2013 10:50 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  
(13-03-2013 06:53 AM)Greatest I am Wrote:  Men seem to think that it is wrong for men to place themselves ahead of their children when death is at hand. Men feel that it is their duty to their families to insure that their families survive, ----- even at the cost of their own lives. True moral men step up to this sacrifice and show their good moral sense that declares and calls for the sanctification of the family. This is one of the main tenets of morality. These men know good from evil and choose to do the good thing.
I agree, "true moral men" sacrifice for their families. Men will sacrifice their lives for people that they love.

Christians think that God loves us because he gave his son for us (John 3:16). However, was it really a sacrifice? It's not as if Jesus went to Hell in our place, or even surrendered his life in trade for other lives. His "death" was just a 3-day vacation.

If God knows that we're going to die, and could prevent our deaths at no cost to Himself, and also loves us, then why do people die? That's not love, nor is it moral. If given the option to prevent a needless death (such as an innocent baby dying from crib death), wouldn't we prevent it if we could? Hell, we'd do it for total strangers. But God obviously does not. Captain Coward perhaps, and a moral monster definitely. Unless, of course, He doesn't exist.
Nicely put.
I have a belief in a natural Godhead as our next evolutionary step, no proof, don't ask for any, but have no belief whatsoever in the immoral God of war that Christianity is trying to sell.
They have to form a moral double standard to justify him and that cannot be good for any mind.
Regards
DL
15-03-2013, 08:23 AM
Quote:If Jesus is God then he cannot sacrifice himself to himself.
Regards
DL
Elementary, my dear Dr. Watson, "He prepared a lamb Himself" per Genesis.
Quote:Christians think that God loves us because he gave his son for us (John 3:16). However, was it really a sacrifice? It's not as if Jesus went to Hell in our place, or even surrendered his life in trade for other lives. His "death" was just a 3-day vacation.
IMO God "died" on the cross, that is, the Father and Son experienced a true rending, a true death, a true separation. Also, the beatings that men gave Him were but a foretaste of the Father's wrath poured upon the cross while the sky was darkened so that men could not see the suffering... this idea of a "light thing for God" is perhaps best answered this way--stick your feet in a lit fireplace for a few hours and then tell us you've suffered "easy" like Christ--one NT writer reminds his readers they have not yet suffered so greatly they would sweat blood in anticipation...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hematidrosis