Is God the head of the Captain Coward club?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-03-2013, 11:35 AM (This post was last modified: 15-03-2013 11:38 AM by Greatest I am.)
RE: Is God the head of the Captain Coward club?
(15-03-2013 08:23 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:If Jesus is God then he cannot sacrifice himself to himself.
Regards
DL
Elementary, my dear Dr. Watson, "He prepared a lamb Himself" per Genesis.

Yes indeed which adds to his immorality as he prepared the lamb before he even created the potential for sin. That is quite insane of any father be he man or God.

It was God's plan from the beginning to have Adam and Eve eat the forbidden fruit. This can be demonstrated by the fact that the bible says that Jesus "was crucified from the foundations of the Earth," that is to say, God planned to crucify Jesus as atonement for sin before he even created human beings or God damned sin.

1Peter 1:20 0 He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake.

This indicates that Jesus had no choice.

If God had not intended humans to sin from the beginning, why did he build into the Creation this "solution" for sin? Why create a solution for a
problem you do not anticipate?

God knew that the moment he said "don't eat from that tree," the die was cast. The eating was inevitable. Eve was merely following the plan.

This then begs the question.

What kind of God would plan and execute the murder of his own son when there was absolutely no need to?

Only an insane God. Thats who.

The cornerstone of Christianity is human sacrifice, thus showing its immorality.

One of Christianity's highest form of immorality is what they have done to women.

They have denied them equality and subjugated them to men.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqN8EYIIR...re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dspWh9g3hU&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c0RFxXrY...re=related

Regards
DL
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-03-2013, 12:16 PM
The character description of the god of the Christian bible is one of an insecure coward, yes. And a homocidal, sociopathic one at that.
[+] 1 user Likes darthbreezy's post
15-03-2013, 12:19 PM
(15-03-2013 12:16 PM)darthbreezy Wrote:  The character description of the god of the Christian bible is one of an insecure coward, yes. And a homicidal, sociopathic psychotic one at that.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-03-2013, 12:36 PM
(15-03-2013 12:19 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  
(15-03-2013 12:16 PM)darthbreezy Wrote:  The character description of the god of the Christian bible is one of an insecure coward, yes. And a homicidal, sociopathic psychotic one at that.

Agree with the psychosis. Sociopathy is separate, sometimes used interchangeably with psychopathy (at least it was when I was still an undergrad Psychology major, but I study law at a new university now so I'm less in the loop than I was six months ago). Someone who is a sociopath has a personality disorder. One of my favorite ways to explain sociopathy is: you are at a friend's house and suddenly get a terrible nosebleed. The sociopath will say, "How dare you bleed on my carpet!" Even if they punched you in the face and caused your injury, this is what their reaction will be. I should have explained my reasons in my other post. Smile
15-03-2013, 12:46 PM
(15-03-2013 08:23 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:If Jesus is God then he cannot sacrifice himself to himself.
Regards
DL
Elementary, my dear Dr. Watson, "He prepared a lamb Himself" per Genesis.
Quote:Christians think that God loves us because he gave his son for us (John 3:16). However, was it really a sacrifice? It's not as if Jesus went to Hell in our place, or even surrendered his life in trade for other lives. His "death" was just a 3-day vacation.
IMO God "died" on the cross, that is, the Father and Son experienced a true rending, a true death, a true separation. Also, the beatings that men gave Him were but a foretaste of the Father's wrath poured upon the cross while the sky was darkened so that men could not see the suffering... this idea of a "light thing for God" is perhaps best answered this way--stick your feet in a lit fireplace for a few hours and then tell us you've suffered "easy" like Christ--one NT writer reminds his readers they have not yet suffered so greatly they would sweat blood in anticipation...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hematidrosis
How ridiculous to presume that one does not suffer if they don't die as Jesus died in the NT. When I witnessed my sister's death, I didn't sweat blood in anticipation. Should I therefore be exempt from suffering her loss? Of course not. But thanks for the reminder of this brutal and completely unnecessary death depicted in your religious text.
15-03-2013, 01:07 PM
My kingdom for such eloquence.
How much to do some ghost writing my friend.
Regards
DL
15-03-2013, 01:10 PM
(15-03-2013 12:36 PM)darthbreezy Wrote:  Agree with the psychosis. Sociopathy is separate, sometimes used interchangeably with psychopathy (at least it was when I was still an undergrad Psychology major, but I study law at a new university now so I'm less in the loop than I was six months ago). Someone who is a sociopath has a personality disorder. One of my favorite ways to explain sociopathy is: you are at a friend's house and suddenly get a terrible nosebleed. The sociopath will say, "How dare you bleed on my carpet!" Even if they punched you in the face and caused your injury, this is what their reaction will be. I should have explained my reasons in my other post. Smile
From what I've read, the primary difference between sociopathy and psychopathy is that the sociopath capable of empathy and the psychopath is not. So in your example, the sociopath would probably feign sympathy for the bleeding on his carpet while the psychopath would be the one to admonish the bleeding victim... or simply kill him. Either way, the psychopath would never feel any empathy for the person with the bloody nose, even after he killed him.

So when applied to the fictional christian god, psychopathy, IMO, fits much better. He never feels any sorrow for the atrocities he sanctions and commits and he can only talk about love... but can never actually demonstrate it for anyone other than himself.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
[+] 1 user Likes bbeljefe's post
15-03-2013, 01:14 PM
(15-03-2013 01:10 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  
(15-03-2013 12:36 PM)darthbreezy Wrote:  Agree with the psychosis. Sociopathy is separate, sometimes used interchangeably with psychopathy (at least it was when I was still an undergrad Psychology major, but I study law at a new university now so I'm less in the loop than I was six months ago). Someone who is a sociopath has a personality disorder. One of my favorite ways to explain sociopathy is: you are at a friend's house and suddenly get a terrible nosebleed. The sociopath will say, "How dare you bleed on my carpet!" Even if they punched you in the face and caused your injury, this is what their reaction will be. I should have explained my reasons in my other post. Smile
From what I've read, the primary difference between sociopathy and psychopathy is that the sociopath capable of empathy and the psychopath is not. So in your example, the sociopath would probably feign sympathy for the bleeding on his carpet while the psychopath would be the one to admonish the bleeding victim... or simply kill him. Either way, the psychopath would never feel any empathy for the person with the bloody nose, even after he killed him.

So when applied to the fictional christian god, psychopathy, IMO, fits much better. He never feels any sorrow for the atrocities he sanctions and commits and he can only talk about love... but can never actually demonstrate it for anyone other than himself.

Yes, I agree. Neither have empathy, but at least one can feign it.

Keep your rosaries out of my ovaries, and your theology out of my biology.
"If you could reason with religious people, there would be no religious people." --Dr. House
15-03-2013, 01:20 PM
I would love to see you two double team some fundy.
Minced meat comes to mind.
Regards
DL
[+] 1 user Likes Greatest I am's post
15-03-2013, 01:34 PM
(15-03-2013 01:14 PM)darthbreezy Wrote:  
(15-03-2013 01:10 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  From what I've read, the primary difference between sociopathy and psychopathy is that the sociopath capable of empathy and the psychopath is not. So in your example, the sociopath would probably feign sympathy for the bleeding on his carpet while the psychopath would be the one to admonish the bleeding victim... or simply kill him. Either way, the psychopath would never feel any empathy for the person with the bloody nose, even after he killed him.

Yes, I agree. Neither have empathy, but at least one can feign it.
I'm sorry, I meant to imply that sociopaths are indeed capable of empathy, not just feigning it. This is a key differentiating ingredient. It is also the reason why sociopaths are not as violent as psychopaths. It' also the key to them being much better manipulators of people and thus, more financially successful. The sociopath experiences empathy but rather than convey real sympathy to the victim, he chooses to leverage that feeling for his own benefit.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Coward Fence Sitters, Make a Choice elconquistador 22 364 25-04-2014 05:00 AM
Last Post: DLJ
  What seeds were planted in your head as a kid? Buddy 2 286 25-03-2013 01:19 PM
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  A bird flew over my head - OMG The Rapture is Coming! kpax 20 975 06-02-2013 06:57 AM
Last Post: EvolutionKills
  A newborn atheist just can't get the church's music out of her head Jeff 20 1,212 30-08-2012 09:37 PM
Last Post: happy cricket
  Made my Roommate's Head Explode Science Believer 10 1,433 25-08-2012 08:55 PM
Last Post: Logica Humano
  Amish and Mennonite Head Coverings FaceOfBoe 5 4,088 22-04-2012 04:04 PM
Last Post: Antirepublican
  Dawkins Appearance @ country club, cancelled due to comments made to FoxNews Monk 23 1,551 28-10-2011 12:00 AM
Last Post: Atheist#6667