Is Hell really at the Earth's Core?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-05-2016, 04:45 AM
RE: Is Hell really at the Earth's Core?
(29-05-2016 04:29 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I'm not buying it. Hell is clearly Odessa, Texas.

That's not Hell, it's actually the End of the Universe. Tongue

[Image: 600x600.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
30-05-2016, 08:54 AM
(29-05-2016 03:01 PM)SkepticalDaniel Wrote:  According to this video, Hell exists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjVe_n_EI58

Not really sure about what to say on this one. What do you all think?

In the first few seconds he mentions the penalty for our sins. There should be no penalty for doing something that we are incapable of not doing and the same fried brain people will tell you that you were born into sin, and the all loving God has a penalty ready for you having been born into sin. GO for it, wonder if it is for real if you like, but be careful.
30-05-2016, 09:34 AM
(29-05-2016 03:01 PM)SkepticalDaniel Wrote:  According to this video, Hell exists.

To entertain the idea of hell is to entertain bronze-age fantasies. Temperatures and pressures in the core are beyond our primate brains to comprehend, any organic life would be incinerated and crushed instantly in the core of the Earth, for this hell thing to work we basically have to revert to bronze-age ideas of what was underneath the Earth. there is no plausible explanation for how life could exist in any form in such an environment.

It's clear they didn't have a fucking clue about the environment there. Their idea of hell is every bit as plausible as a hollow earth or some other idiotic concept ignorant priests could come up with making guesses about things they know nothing about.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
30-05-2016, 10:22 AM
(30-05-2016 09:34 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  

To entertain the idea of hell is to entertain bronze-age fantasies. Temperatures and pressures in the core are beyond our primate brains to comprehend, any organic life would be incinerated and crushed instantly in the core of the Earth, for this hell thing to work we basically have to revert to bronze-age ideas of what was underneath the Earth. there is no plausible explanation for how life could exist in any form in such an environment.

It's clear they didn't have a fucking clue about the environment there. Their idea of hell is every bit as plausible as a hollow earth or some other idiotic concept ignorant priests could come up with making guesses about things they know nothing about.

I've actually seen people cite an Icelandic scientist who claimed to hear "screams" while observing volcanoes.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-05-2016, 12:29 PM (This post was last modified: 30-05-2016 12:43 PM by SitaSky.)
I can't believe there are people who believe Hell is actually underground, most Christians I've talked to about it seem to think it's a spirit realm only accessible after death, it's not a physical place by any means that we can experience even audibly.

I've even heard that there are aliens or humans who live underground, you can hear them if you listen closely. My dad who believes this once asked me to get quiet and asked what I could hear and I said " Cars driving by, the ceiling fan..." and he said I should be hearing the machinations of the people living below ground. If a grown man can imagine he hears mole people then any Christian can convince themselves of screams of agony coming from a hole in the ground.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes SitaSky's post
30-05-2016, 03:19 PM
(29-05-2016 03:11 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I thought there was a highway. Drinking Beverage

I thought it was a path paved with good intentions. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
30-05-2016, 03:27 PM
(29-05-2016 08:36 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Here ya go, you dumbasses. The earth is HOLLOW....... HOLLOW....hollow...hollow...hollow

And the Hollow Earth Society says so, so it must be true. Fuck those Hell is Earth Core people. It's HOLLOW I tell you. Hollow! Geesh! Angry

Plus, it's incredibly shocking cause it says so in the video. Shocking

That is some collection of fruitcakes, I must say. Facepalm

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
30-05-2016, 03:34 PM
(30-05-2016 03:19 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(29-05-2016 03:11 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I thought there was a highway. Drinking Beverage

I already covered that.

It's the road.

The highway is clearly faster. Unless there's lots of traffic.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

30-05-2016, 03:35 PM
(30-05-2016 03:19 PM)Chas Wrote:  

Wasn't it dug by Bugs Bunny, on his way to China? Unsure

30-05-2016, 05:07 PM
(29-05-2016 06:55 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  
(29-05-2016 05:51 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  That made me laugh...and actually reminded me of a supposed Saint quote. According to St. John Chrysostom, and I doubt many people here would take issue with my quoting him, “The road to hell is paved with the skulls of erring priests, with bishops as their signposts.”

Stolen shamelessly from Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman's Good Omens. If the quote amused you then you should definitely read the book.
Somehow I forgot that line and should re-read it sometime. Hellhounds named Fluffy, demons and angels having tea together because they're the closest thing one another has to friends, and misplacing the Anti-Christ. It was so much fun a few years ago when I read it.

Need to think of a witty signature.
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post