Is Hillary Clinton a conspiracy theory quack?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-06-2013, 04:25 PM
Is Hillary Clinton a conspiracy theory quack?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...fLAbV1cA#!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2013, 04:34 PM
RE: Is Hillary Clinton a conspiracy theory quack?
(05-06-2013 04:25 PM)I and I Wrote:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...fLAbV1cA#!

U.S. arms and training went to people in Afghanistan and Pakistan to fight the Soviets. This wasn't Al Qaeda, per se. Many of those people are now Al Qaeda. This is an important difference which you elide.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
05-06-2013, 04:37 PM
(05-06-2013 04:34 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(05-06-2013 04:25 PM)I and I Wrote:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...fLAbV1cA#!

U.S. arms and training went to people in Afghanistan and Pakistan to fight the Soviets. This wasn't Al Qaeda, per se. Many of those people are now Al Qaeda. This is an important difference which you elide.

So you are saying alqaeda didn't exist at that time, but the people that made up alqaeda and its spin offs we funded and armed before alqaeda was formed?
05-06-2013, 04:38 PM
Video Description: in this video Hilary Clinton admits that the US government created and funded Al-Qaeda in order to fight the soviet union

Oh, I see, it makes sense now.

You think we are ignorant of the fact that we funded the rag tag band of Afghan Mujahideens of whom Al-Qaeda later splintered off from. We know that, we just don't agree with your theory that because we funded them to fight the Soviets back in 79, they are actually just pretending to be Anti-US and are instead just a current CIA puppet. THAT we disagree with, not that we funded the groups from which Al-Qaeda would eventually develop from and eventually turn against us (and really, who could blame them for hating us?)

All clear now? No more confusion?

[Image: giphy.gif]
05-06-2013, 04:39 PM
(05-06-2013 04:37 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(05-06-2013 04:34 PM)Chas Wrote:  U.S. arms and training went to people in Afghanistan and Pakistan to fight the Soviets. This wasn't Al Qaeda, per se. Many of those people are now Al Qaeda. This is an important difference which you elide.

So you are saying alqaeda didn't exist at that time, but the people that made up alqaeda and its spin offs we funded and armed before alqaeda was formed?

Precisely.

05-06-2013, 04:46 PM
(05-06-2013 04:38 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Video Description: in this video Hilary Clinton admits that the US government created and funded Al-Qaeda in order to fight the soviet union

You think we are ignorant of the fact that we funded the rag tag band of Afghan Mujahideens of whom Al-Qaeda later splintered off from. We know that, we just don't agree with your theory that because we funded them to fight the Soviets back in 79, they are actually just pretending to be Anti-US and are instead just a current CIA puppet. THAT we disagree with, not that we funded the groups from which Al-Qaeda would eventually develop from and eventually turn against us (and really, who could blame them for hating us?)

So these arab fighters were terrorists at the time correct?
05-06-2013, 04:50 PM
(05-06-2013 04:46 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(05-06-2013 04:38 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Video Description: in this video Hilary Clinton admits that the US government created and funded Al-Qaeda in order to fight the soviet union

No, they were fighting an invading army.

05-06-2013, 05:22 PM
(05-06-2013 04:50 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(05-06-2013 04:46 PM)I and I Wrote:  So these arab fighters were terrorists at the time correct?

No, they were fighting an invading army.

You mean, they overthrew a secular leader and tried to impose muslim rule then the Soviets invaded to try to not let that happen. Is that the invasion you are referring to?
05-06-2013, 05:32 PM
(05-06-2013 04:46 PM)I and I Wrote:  

From who's perspective, American's or Soviet's?

05-06-2013, 05:38 PM
(05-06-2013 05:22 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(05-06-2013 04:50 PM)Chas Wrote:  No, they were fighting an invading army.

You mean, they overthrew a secular leader and tried to impose muslim rule then the Soviets invaded to try to not let that happen. Is that the invasion you are referring to?

U.S. support for opposition to the Soviet-friendly Afghan government started before the Soviet invasion. This was a typical Cold War tactic.

There was widespread rebellion in 1979 and the Soviets invaded to quell it. Cold War policy was first fight the Soviets, then clean up the mess afterwards.