Is, "I'll pray for you" insulting?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-12-2012, 03:30 PM
RE: Is, "I'll pray for you" insulting?
(15-12-2012 03:13 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(15-12-2012 02:57 PM)Percepticon Wrote:  A little kid picks a dandelion & offers it to you. Who here would reject it & tell the kid it's just an ugly, wilting weed?
Hey, I LOVE dandelions! Few things prettier than a meadow in spring, with that different, tender green of spring, dotted with yellow dandelions. The first dandelions always put a big smile on my face. [Image: Dandelion_Hill_by_Crossie.jpg]
Ditto that Smile but there aren't many here in my part of FL. I,used it as my example because many people don't like them & it's the most common weed that a child would pick for his friends.

Drinking Beverage Grab a cuppa' joe; sit-n-read my blog for a spell: www.vaweber.wordpress.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-12-2012, 03:35 PM
Is, "I'll pray for you" insulting?
(14-12-2012 02:17 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Nah. If I don't find "Dude! You got a tiny dick!" insulting when I shower at the gym, "Yeah, meh, whatever. You got 4 kids?", why would I find "I'll pray for you." insulting? But next time that dude teases me for my tiny dick I am gonna ask him to pray for it. Big Grin

I'm not even sure I'm capable of being insulted anymore. I don't even give a shit about my own opinions, why would I give a fuck about yours?

Will you demand he gets on his knees to pray for your dick?

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
15-12-2012, 03:37 PM
(15-12-2012 03:30 PM)Percepticon Wrote:  Ditto that Smile but there aren't many here in my part of FL. I,used it as my example because many people don't like them & it's the most common weed that a child would pick for his friends.
I know, I was just kidding. I mean, I do love them (and we get heaps of them, yay! But weed is such an ugly word, isn't it? I actually wrote a tale in Portuguese about a river that wanted to go give its waters to the desert, but kinda kept giving sharing with those in need it met on its way, and one of them was a field flower, even plainer than a dandelion, the one that people would trample to avoid stepping on a real flower Laughat )

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
15-12-2012, 03:51 PM
(15-12-2012 03:37 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(15-12-2012 03:30 PM)Percepticon Wrote:  ... it's the most common weed that a child would pick for his friends.
I actually wrote a tale in Portuguese about a river that wanted to go give its waters to the desert, but kinda kept giving sharing with those in need it met on its way, and one of them was a field flower, even plainer than a dandelion, the one that people would trample to avoid stepping on a real flower.

With such beautiful thoughts this must be the great dandelion derailment. Wink

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
15-12-2012, 03:55 PM
(15-12-2012 03:51 PM)kim Wrote:  With such beautiful thoughts this must be the great dandelion derailment. Wink
I so vote yes! Yes

15-12-2012, 04:03 PM
Dandelion fritters. Nuff said.

Just visiting.

-SR
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
15-12-2012, 04:05 PM (This post was last modified: 15-12-2012 04:17 PM by Vera.)
You can also make nice whistles out of their stems. And they curl up so funny when you put them in water.

15-12-2012, 04:11 PM
This has got to be my favorite thread derail ever Big Grin

Drinking Beverage Grab a cuppa' joe; sit-n-read my blog for a spell: www.vaweber.wordpress.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-12-2012, 09:06 PM
i figure when a theist is praying for you its more about him than it is about you..
16-12-2012, 01:27 PM
I say yes, If you know I am not a christian, then why would you even tell me you would pray. If your gonna pray then do it, but dont tell me. and dont say I need jesus either. Happy Holidays!!

"IT'S CALLED FAITH BECAUSE IT'S NOT KNOWLEDGE"-Christopher Hitchens