Is Islam a cult? Muslims don't read the Koran!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-02-2017, 07:52 AM
RE: Is Islam a cult? Muslims don't read the Koran!
Well I thought so but now I've looked back at his posting I'm not so sure, may have made a mistake there, my bad, never mind, the majority of my post still stands I think.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-02-2017, 08:28 AM
Don't worry, I'll scan his microchip and we'll soon see.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-04-2017, 11:29 AM
Well by saying Muslim is a cult, majority of Christians are in a cult too....

Actually I somewhat agree with this guy, religion can be a cult. When members are told not to question anything higher members tell them, it's a cult. Not everyone is in a cult, but there are those rare few.
Cult members are told to hate anything the cult tells them. Prim example my mom is in the American Cult.

We are watching Arial America, Man Made Masterpieces, or something like that. In New York, she said she hated on skyscraper building because it was "Muslim Made'.
Patriotism is one thing, but the fact that Christians and some Americans will just hate things that are of Muslim or Islamic built is just said. Either they hate it because they are told to hate Muslims, or because 'It's not American Made'. I say American Cult because they have a high leader (Trump) who tells them anything not American is bad, and they listen.

Religious people (Or even Non Religions) who listen to an authority of a man, preacher, shaman, high priestess, (Even a president can be put into this) whatever rather then read the book for themselves, or get their own facts and listen to one person as though they are the facts, could be put into the category of the cult.
Especially if they have made themselves ignorant of the world around them because the leader tells them, or fear everything around them because the leader tells, or they isolate themselves with other members because leader tells them. These are examples of different levels of cults.
Anything can become a cult, heck even an atheist can become part of a cult, it just takes the right person to say the right things and get all the mindless sheep to follow them. (Not everyone is a mindless sheep, but you get what I'm saying.)

"Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking That is against their interests.
They want obedient workers people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork And just dumb enough to passively accept it."

- George Carlin
06-04-2017, 09:20 PM
If you're going to condemn Muslim for being unable to read the Quran in Arabic, then how much more of an indictment should that be against Christians who can read and have the Bible in their native tongue, but choose not to? Inability versus laziness, the later is far more damning in my opinion. Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
08-04-2017, 04:47 PM
One of the biggest problems with Christians reading Bibles is Bible Study. Lots of churches have Bible study classes, but it is usually a case of cherry picking parts of the Bible to rationalize a dogma, or to look at a "Problem" text to explain it away with the usual apologetics. Anybody who has spent much time on the internet looking at apologist's websites knows what I mean.

One can study the hell out of the Bible and utterly ignore the problems Bible theology creates for itself.

Yog Sothoth! Yog Sothoth! Come back old ones! Yog Sothoth!

Cheerful Charlie
30-07-2017, 04:00 PM
Atheism can be a cult. After all, no God is just as unprovable.
30-07-2017, 04:24 PM
(30-07-2017 04:00 PM)pfwag Wrote:  Atheism can be a cult. After all, no God is just as unprovable.

Then it's a good thing that atheists have no need to prove that. There's simply no good reason to believe that any god exists just like there's no good reason to believe in leprechauns, pixies, or gremlins. I can't prove they don't exist either but I don't believe that any of them do.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
30-07-2017, 04:32 PM
No god may be unprovable, but no Xtian, Jewish, Muslim, Nordic, etc god - that's a different story.

Actually, a whole lot of stories, some cough*Bible*cough*Koran crappier than others.

Better luck next time Drinking Beverage

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
30-07-2017, 05:46 PM
(30-07-2017 04:00 PM)pfwag Wrote:  Atheism can be a cult. After all, no God is just as unprovable.

Oh my, what a novel point that no one has ever made on this site before. My atheism is shattered! Shattered!

Joining Vera in the cafe...

Drinking Beverage
[+] 3 users Like julep's post
30-07-2017, 08:16 PM
Yay! A coffee date! I'll be having the mint cappuccino. Is a surprisingly good combination and so sorry they closed the one cafe in Sofia where they made it.

Mint-flavoured chocolate is also among my favourite. Was stupefied to find that After Eight, which I quite enjoy, but which is in no way, shape or form a luxury brand of chocolate, is about ten times more expensive here in Brazil, than it is in Bulgaria. What the...!

[Image: after-eight-thin-mints-box-131163-w.jpg]

(Haven't had coffee in nearly a month... Kinda want one. But come tuesday or wednesday... [Image: default_d_coffee.gif] )

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post