Is Jordan B. Peterson a "False Memory Syndrom" defender?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-03-2017, 08:36 PM
Is Jordan B. Peterson a "False Memory Syndrom" defender?
Here is some sort of speech of him, passionately (as always) directed at students of him, that does not look too good, regarding him probably/maybe being a "False Memory Sydrom (Foundation)" defender/advocator.

As much as I like his lectures and his take on mythology, his take about "jungean archetypes", this one ain't seem as agenda-less as a professor should be, in my view.

Is he even getting a little bit too passionate, almost nervous, in this lecture of his?

But correct me if I'm getting him wrong, please.

Jordan Peterson on the daycare scandals of the 80's
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XiunnRDRoM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_Memo...Foundation
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-03-2017, 11:21 PM
RE: Is Jordan B. Peterson a "False Memory Syndrom" defender?
I've no problem with passionate lecturers. They generate revenue. And they're hard to find.

I've noticed JBP gets his knickers in a twist over nihilism too.

Generally, though, he's on the right track but I wish he'd get his head around the difference between 'truth' and 'wisdom'. Not even Sam Harris could break that one down for him.

Rolleyes

10-03-2017, 11:24 AM
RE: Is Jordan B. Peterson a "False Memory Syndrom" defender?
(09-03-2017 11:21 PM)DLJ Wrote:  I've no problem with passionate lecturers. They generate revenue. And they're hard to find.

I've noticed JBP gets his knickers in a twist over nihilism too.

Generally, though, he's on the right track but I wish he'd get his head around the difference between 'truth' and 'wisdom'. Not even Sam Harris could break that one down for him.

Rolleyes

I like his lectures too. And his stance against political corrcetness. But I was unable to listen to the full podcast with him and Sam Harris. It was too painfull. While listening to it I experienced something that is called fremdschämen in german language. It basically means that one feels ashamed and embarrased by someone elses conduct. And I felt ashamed and embarrassed by the both of them, having a conversation like that.

And in my book there isn't something like absolute truth other than this: The universe, we humans are a part of, obviously exists.

Regarding wisdom I would like to quote Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj:

"When I know I'm nothing, that's wisdom. When I know I'm everything, that's love. And between those two my life moves."