Is Kim Kardashian at least partially responsible for the burglary

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-10-2016, 04:07 PM
RE: Is Kim Kardashian at least partially responsible for the burglary
(04-10-2016 03:50 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Maybe she just sat on them....

Kim should have sat on hers her ass is big enough to provide protection from a stick of dynamite
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
04-10-2016, 04:12 PM
(04-10-2016 02:26 PM)mlmooney Wrote:  I've read that she was at her apartment in Paris. Just because it isn't their main home that would still count as home.

Now granted y'all could be right. This could all be made up. I have a tendency to believe the victim until proven otherwise.

Ok didn't know she had a flat of her own in Paris just assumed it was an hotel but no safe or strong room that's bonkers
04-10-2016, 06:35 PM
(04-10-2016 04:07 PM)adey67 Wrote:  
(04-10-2016 03:50 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Maybe she just sat on them....

Kim should have sat on hers her ass is big enough to provide protection from a stick of dynamite

Most of the weight is from her silicone butt and breast implants.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
04-10-2016, 06:45 PM
Looks like someone was able to keep up with her. Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
04-10-2016, 06:47 PM
It was one of those furnished, fancy apartments most major cities have. You rent them from one week to one year, and they are run like a Hotel, there is a maid and such services. Most people renting these let their body guards stay in a room there.

I don't care who she is, no one, no one at all ever deserves to be robbed. And no one deserves to be scared enough to install all kinds of safety features in our lives. The elderly live in daily fear because they are helpless. Widows have to watch their asses - crooks get info from obits.

None of these people deserve to live in fear, and neither does a rich person. Nobody does. You don't apply decency selectively, it's not decent.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
04-10-2016, 06:55 PM
The world we deserve and the world we're stuck with regardless are unrelated.

There are thieves and killers out there. That's just how it is.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
04-10-2016, 07:16 PM
(04-10-2016 06:55 PM)yakherder Wrote:  The world we deserve and the world we're stuck with regardless are unrelated.

Right. And it doesn't matter who the victim is - they are all victims.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
04-10-2016, 07:35 PM
(04-10-2016 07:16 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(04-10-2016 06:55 PM)yakherder Wrote:  The world we deserve and the world we're stuck with regardless are unrelated.

Right. And it doesn't matter who the victim is - they are all victims.

The same is true for victims of fire or vehicle accidents, but it's considered common sense to be scared enough to install fire alarms and wear seatbelts. I'm simply saying that not preparing for the threat of dangers we know for a fact to be out there is irrational and whether or not we deserve to have to apply those precautions in response to our fears is irrelevant. Fear is just a natural part of life, it's purpose being to propel us into action. It doesn't have to be a good or bad thing. It's merely a survival mechanism.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
05-10-2016, 03:06 AM
(03-10-2016 04:29 PM)skyking Wrote:  My point is, no way can anyone conflate a rape with getting some possessions stolen. Rape is a horrible crime about power that scars people for life. She can go out and get some more bling, but you can't take back rape. You did not make the comparison first, I see that.

It's not about wich crime is worse. I've never been raped nor robbed at gunpoint. I can't say wich is worse. But robbed at gunpoint would be pretty emotionally scaring as well.
It is incredibly dumb to have that value on you that Kim had.
However, we can't say because she made it accessible that it's her fault it was taken. I wouldn't Rob her her and I'd like to think none of us here would.
Let's compare it to when kids were getting beat up and having their Nikes stolen off their feet. I wouldn't tell my kids they should have bought New Balance. Kids wearing them knew the risk. Are they partially to blame?
I realize there is a far cry in the difference of value but neither deserve to be robbed. And if you didn't deserve it then it's hard for me blame the victim.
05-10-2016, 03:49 AM (This post was last modified: 05-10-2016 04:26 AM by adey67.)
(05-10-2016 03:06 AM)edbaldwin Wrote:  
(03-10-2016 04:29 PM)skyking Wrote:  My point is, no way can anyone conflate a rape with getting some possessions stolen. Rape is a horrible crime about power that scars people for life. She can go out and get some more bling, but you can't take back rape. You did not make the comparison first, I see that.

It's not about wich crime is worse. I've never been raped nor robbed at gunpoint. I can't say wich is worse. But robbed at gunpoint would be pretty emotionally scaring as well.
It is incredibly dumb to have that value on you that Kim had.
However, we can't say because she made it accessible that it's her fault it was taken. I wouldn't Rob her her and I'd like to think none of us here would.
Let's compare it to when kids were getting beat up and having their Nikes stolen off their feet. I wouldn't tell my kids they should have bought New Balance. Kids wearing them knew the risk. Are they partially to blame?
I realize there is a far cry in the difference of value but neither deserve to be robbed. And if you didn't deserve it then it's hard for me blame the victim.
I don't think any decent person would say anyone deserves to be robbed but the key words here are risk mitigation, if I don't wear a seatbelt and go through the windscreen I don't deserve to be injured but I bear some responsibility for the consequences of not mitigating against that risk, Kardashian flaunted her wealth on social media,did not lock her jewels away, did not have adequate security did not use replica paste stones.
Everyone is banging on about her deserving or not deserving to be robbed but the question was actually did she bear any responsibility. The two are not the same thing, leastways it was not meant that way.
If I had jewellery of that magnitude of value I would store them in a bank vault wear replicas day to day and use the real ones for galas premieres etc where there is good security and let it be known on social media that this is what I do.
A big problem with the super wealthy is that everything is relative and it can be easy to lose sight of the value of things, eg; ten dollars is a lot to a homeless person but no more than a couple of coffees at Starbucks to someone on a reasonable wage, sadly this can make people complacent.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post