Is Masturbation Healthy?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-10-2014, 02:40 AM
Is Masturbation Healthy?
So obviously releasing sexual tension through masturbation can be a good thing or at least better than burning with passion but I think it is a negative taboo in every culture regardless of Religious beliefs to masterbait multiple times a day on average (excessively). What are the pros and cons of masturbation? How often do you commit that sin? (You do NOT wanna know my answer Sadcryface ) Why are so many people ashamed of masturbation and why is it frowned upon?

(On a totally irrelevant note ive always wondered why evolution gave human beings such an obsession with boobs? Why do we find them so attractive. We are the only mammals that do. I spent a year on a farm and when the females are in heat and the bull smells their scent , he will go nuts and tear the electric fencing out of the ground to get a piece, but have no interest in boobs once they've been weaned off them. Laugh out load Maybe you have the answers to these questions? )
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2014, 03:34 AM
RE: Is Masturbation Healthy?
(05-10-2014 02:40 AM)Domesticated Irishman Wrote:  So obviously releasing sexual tension through masturbation can be a good thing or at least better than burning with passion but I think it is a negative taboo in every culture regardless of Religious beliefs to masterbait multiple times a day on average (excessively). What are the pros and cons of masturbation? How often do you commit that sin? (You do NOT wanna know my answer Sadcryface ) Why are so many people ashamed of masturbation and why is it frowned upon?

(On a totally irrelevant note ive always wondered why evolution gave human beings such an obsession with boobs? Why do we find them so attractive. We are the only mammals that do. I spent a year on a farm and when the females are in heat and the bull smells their scent , he will go nuts and tear the electric fencing out of the ground to get a piece, but have no interest in boobs once they've been weaned off them. Laugh out load Maybe you have the answers to these questions? )

Masturbation is about as natural as you can get; show me somebody who says they don't masturbate and odds are, I'll show you a liar... Unless they are asexual or similar, then it is normal for them...

There is social stigma about it, but I figure that is a result of centuries of religious frowning-upon, demonisation ignorance, along with what seems to be a human natural inclination toward privacy in regards to such matters. Multiple times a day I understand to be accepted as normal behaviour, even well into adulthood, though the overall rate is naturally higher during those younger years.

As for the 'pros and cons'... The main pros being: reduce stress and tension. Males enjoy the added benefit of decreased likelihood of prostate cancer, but I don't know if females have a similar benefit...
I'm not really sure about cons; I've read some allegations that frequent partaking can lead to reduced stimulation later one for males, but I don't know. I suppose it might be possible that females might run a risk of contracting infections via unclean tools, but I'd go to somebody who actually knows about female habits for a legitimately informed idea. I can't recall any major cons... Can somebody informed cover me here?

... I refuse to speak about my personal habits. That is between myself and myself alone.

(As for the human fascination with boobs; that's not entirely sure. As I understand it, there are a few hypotheses regarding the phenomena, for instance: one states that the fascination resulted from the arse; the breasts resemble the posterior on a subconscious level, it is believed that humans (like most creatures) subconsciously assess their potential partners on looks to check for genetic and physiological deformities or benefits: large, wide hips indicate easier childbirth and increased chance of progeny survival and breasts mirror the rear for indication. On a similar level, some think that large, shapely breasts indicate a greater ability to rear a child.
This stuff does of course require us to remember our origins, where we had to ensure the survival of children, so indicative traits of better child-keeping and survival were sexually selected... That is not to say we don't need to ensure the survival of children now, you know? Now we have to try a whole let less.
Personally, I'm not sure where the above interpretation is correct or if I am simply horribly out of date.)

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
05-10-2014, 04:47 AM
The most prolific masturbater on this forum is Luminon, so take that for what you will...

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
05-10-2014, 08:29 AM
Every guy jerks it. It's no big deal.
05-10-2014, 08:41 AM (This post was last modified: 05-10-2014 08:52 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(05-10-2014 02:40 AM)Domesticated Irishman Wrote:  (On a totally irrelevant note I've always wondered why evolution gave human beings such an obsession with boobs? Why do we find them so attractive. We are the only mammals that do. I spent a year on a farm and when the females are in heat and the bull smells their scent , he will go nuts and tear the electric fencing out of the ground to get a piece, but have no interest in boobs once they've been weaned off them. Laugh out load Maybe you have the answers to these questions? )

In ancient (Hebrew) culture "Onanism" was forbidden because they thought the *entire baby* was contained in sperm. Spermies were potential Jewish babies. THE MOST IMPORTANT thing in that culture, (and the way immortality was achieved) was through family continuation. They didn't know about cells or genetics or DNA. A woman was considered "fertile" if her womb could "grow a (implanted) baby". (Female traits were thought to be transmitted "by blood" (or somehow *mixing of blood*).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imprinting_...chology%29
Humans can become sexually imprinted on almost anything.
http://www.nature.com/hdy/journal/v82/n4...5270a.html

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
05-10-2014, 08:59 AM
apparently orgasming at least three times a week significantly lowers the chance for prostrate cancer developing in men. So if sex isn't an option.....

"What is less known in orgasm is the fact that certain health benefits are attached to it. Although this may sound surprising, there is scientific evidence to back up such claims. Over the past 50 years, a number of studies have shown that orgasm is just as important for the overall health of men as any other function of their bodies.

In the early 1950s, Doctor Alfred Kinsey started releasing his large-scale studies into the sex lives of men and women that made him famous all over the world. One of the Kinsey reports showed data that led the doctor to believe that sex reduces stress and that people who have frequent sex and orgasms are less violent and less hostile than those who seldom engage in sex. This means that sex and orgasms have a long-term effect of calming down a person and helping keep the psychological balance.

Moreover, later studies showed that frequent sex and orgasms translate into lower death rates for both men and women and also lower risk of heart attacks. In other words, it’s in your best interest to have sex often. American Doctor Ted McIlvenna found that sexually active people draw far more joy from their lives than others. They also take fewer sick leaves, which should please every businessman. Gynecologist Dudley Chapman contended that orgasms help the body fight infections, a proposition supported by psychologists from the Wilkes University.

More recently, a study conducted in Melbourne, Australia, found that frequent ejaculation between the ages of 20 and 50 helps dramatically decrease the risk of prostate cancer in men. This study ties with other research and suggests that regular orgasm in males prevents painful urination in old age. According to these studies, frequent male ejaculation is crucial for avoiding many prostate-related problems. Although there is still a lot of work to be done before science can provide us with a definitive link between ejaculation and a lower risk of prostate cancer, it’s obvious that a normal sex life has a positive effect on the overall health.

So there you have it, people. It’s plain to see that humans were meant to have sex often and to enjoy it a lot. The body and the mind suffer without the frequent combination of exertion and release brought by sex and orgasms."

http://www.streetdirectory.com/travel_gu...rgasm.html

so wack away i say Yes

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
05-10-2014, 09:03 AM
Yes it is healthy for you.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
05-10-2014, 09:08 AM
(05-10-2014 08:59 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  apparently orgasming at least three times a week significantly lowers the chance for prostrate cancer developing in men. So if sex isn't an option.....

"What is less known in orgasm is the fact that certain health benefits are attached to it. Although this may sound surprising, there is scientific evidence to back up such claims. Over the past 50 years, a number of studies have shown that orgasm is just as important for the overall health of men as any other function of their bodies.

In the early 1950s, Doctor Alfred Kinsey started releasing his large-scale studies into the sex lives of men and women that made him famous all over the world. One of the Kinsey reports showed data that led the doctor to believe that sex reduces stress and that people who have frequent sex and orgasms are less violent and less hostile than those who seldom engage in sex. This means that sex and orgasms have a long-term effect of calming down a person and helping keep the psychological balance.

Moreover, later studies showed that frequent sex and orgasms translate into lower death rates for both men and women and also lower risk of heart attacks. In other words, it’s in your best interest to have sex often. American Doctor Ted McIlvenna found that sexually active people draw far more joy from their lives than others. They also take fewer sick leaves, which should please every businessman. Gynecologist Dudley Chapman contended that orgasms help the body fight infections, a proposition supported by psychologists from the Wilkes University.

More recently, a study conducted in Melbourne, Australia, found that frequent ejaculation between the ages of 20 and 50 helps dramatically decrease the risk of prostate cancer in men. This study ties with other research and suggests that regular orgasm in males prevents painful urination in old age. According to these studies, frequent male ejaculation is crucial for avoiding many prostate-related problems. Although there is still a lot of work to be done before science can provide us with a definitive link between ejaculation and a lower risk of prostate cancer, it’s obvious that a normal sex life has a positive effect on the overall health.

So there you have it, people. It’s plain to see that humans were meant to have sex often and to enjoy it a lot. The body and the mind suffer without the frequent combination of exertion and release brought by sex and orgasms."

http://www.streetdirectory.com/travel_gu...rgasm.html

so wack away i say Yes

Agree with everything, but "American Doctor Ted McIlvenna found that sexually active people draw far more joy from their lives than others" could be a matter of a question of cause and effect. Do happy (less stressed-out) people just have sex more frequently, or is the sex causing the less stress ? Maybe he had a way of controlling for that ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
05-10-2014, 09:09 AM (This post was last modified: 05-10-2014 09:21 AM by Deidre32.)
It's healthy in moderation. And it's not a "sin."

Be true to yourself. Heart
05-10-2014, 09:31 AM
Yep - and it reduces the chances of prostate cancer in blokes.

"Name me a moral statement made or moral action performed that could not have been made or done, by a non-believer..." - Christopher Hitchens

My youtube musings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFoxbz...UVi1pf4B5g