Is Money Real?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-09-2013, 12:10 AM
RE: Is Money Real?
(27-09-2013 07:26 AM)bemore Wrote:  
(27-09-2013 01:53 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Heywood Jahblome, Absols, Bemore AND I&I all in the one thread!!!
The four forum idiots gathered all in one place, now there's something you don't see every so often.

At least I wasn't born with your ugly looking spastic face Drinking Beverage

Why you insist on advertising it in your signature I have no Idea. Anyway lets not dirty any more threads with our insults to one another. If you wanna slanging match make a specific thread.

lol, and the respect grows.

side note: Now Trainwreck enters this thread! This is fantastic.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
29-09-2013, 08:08 AM
(28-09-2013 03:03 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
(28-09-2013 11:55 AM)BnW Wrote:  This has been explained a few times already. I can only conclud that you are either being deliberately obtuse, or you're a total moron. If you have an actual point, then make it. If you don't, well, I'm back to "total moron".
You are the moron, but don't worry you share it with the majority of the bell curve.

It shouldn't be that difficult for an economist, as well versed, as you portray yourself to be, to realize that the problem with the world is that the United States Constitution was generated a hundred years prior to the establishment of the social sciences, and that we now have the better information to properly define the powers and limits of executive government and missions of bureaucratic government that they could not do in 1787.

Why haven't you figured that out yet, moron?

Some people prefer buttermilk pancakes but I like the whole grain ones myself. They are healthier for you (at least marginally) and I find them to be pretty tasty too.

Hey, I figure if we are going to respond to each other with complete non sequitors, they may as well be about pancakes. Everyone can relate to pancakes.

Seriously, I don't care if you want to insult me but at least try to stay on point while you do so. If you had responded with "Eskimoe pie, moron!" it would not have made any less sense than what you wrote, and you still would have gotten to call me a moron, which obviously was your point.

I&I - the market has been defined for you in this thread several times by several people. You refuse to acknowledge the defintions. If you disagree with the definitions, then challenge them. But, pretending they aren't there is not an option. Well, it shouldn't be an option at least. I have a feeling this is going to continue. So, I'm out. I gave trying to engage in a discussion with you a fair shot, but you clearly are not interested in having a discussion. So, I'm out.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 3 users Like BnW's post
29-09-2013, 09:26 AM
(28-09-2013 03:03 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
(28-09-2013 11:55 AM)BnW Wrote:  This has been explained a few times already. I can only conclud that you are either being deliberately obtuse, or you're a total moron. If you have an actual point, then make it. If you don't, well, I'm back to "total moron".
You are the moron

Oh, gee... Trainwreck calling someone a moron. Oh, the irony... Dodgy

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-09-2013, 12:59 PM
Re: RE: Is Money Real?
(28-09-2013 08:21 PM)I and I Wrote:  So is the amount of money determined by individuals in transactions or is it something that is determined by "the market"? Keep in mind nobody here has defined "the market".

I have... And you continue to demonstrate you have comprehension issues. You should get help on that.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
29-09-2013, 01:47 PM
(28-09-2013 02:22 AM)I and I Wrote:  If money is merely a social construct then why do societies act as if money is more than simply a social construct, and act as if money is worth something?

Have you ever cracked a book about economics? Concepts like money and markets are all explained in any introductory text. Money is the mechanism whereby goods and services are valued in a market. It doesn't matter how money has a specific value, but that it has some value that two participants in an exchange agree upon.

Because money allows for direct exchanges for each product or service one wants to consume, it is more efficient than bartering systems where a complicated chain of trades may be required to obtain the desired product. Money has the value needed so that each exchange with money would be what a direct barter trade of any two products would have, establishing a relative money value for each product that is in proportion to its worth within a market.

In direct answer to the OP question--money used to be based upon gold reserves. Now it is based on the 'full faith and credit' of the governments printing it. We know that through inflation and deflation, money's value can change. Money itself has no intrinsic value other than the value it has to acquire products and services. If the US government prints twice as much currency, it will buy half as many goods. Inflating the supply of many can do damage to the full faith and credit of a government doing this, and we have seen currencies lose all value quickly when this faith and credit in the government issuing the currency waivers.

There is a reason the wealthy do not keep all their savings in cash except when deflation rears its head. This is the reason why governments always target low rates of inflation and fight like crazy to avoid deflation.
29-09-2013, 02:10 PM
(28-09-2013 08:21 PM)I and I Wrote:  So is the amount of money determined by individuals in transactions or is it something that is determined by "the market"? Keep in mind nobody here has defined "the market".
The value of a product is determined by the people in the transaction - the market is comprised of all the people, and organizations, involved in the transactions related to the product. The money is a standard for people to gauge their sense of value, so as to facilitate transactions. And then the central bank regulates the availability of the money through loan rates and printing.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
29-09-2013, 02:13 PM
(26-09-2013 02:52 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Currency is the representation of a service being given.
wrong

Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
29-09-2013, 02:14 PM
(26-09-2013 04:26 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Nope.

Money (coins and notes) are the physical representation of the perception of value.

Service Value is defined in terms of three areas: the business / customers' outcomes achieved, the customers' preferences and perception of what was delivered.
Acceptable

29-09-2013, 02:19 PM
why dont u mean ur death in peace

no wonder u have worse reputation then mine
29-09-2013, 02:24 PM
(29-09-2013 08:08 AM)BnW Wrote:  Seriously, I don't care if you want to insult me but at least try to stay on point while you do so.
The point is Earmuffs is not the only moron, and how are we going to fix that problem? The world continues to generate stupid people, and people like you who believe that you are smarter and more sophisticated than the rest, do not have a way to teach people, nor a solution as to what to do with them.

You need to try harder to reach the morons, and not call them names because that only makes them feel bad about themselves.

I bet if Earmuffs was a black man, or woman, you wouldn't call them "morons." No doubt in my mind that you are afraid of black people - you little bitch.