Is Obama imploding?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-04-2012, 11:38 AM
RE: Is Obama imploding?
(23-04-2012 11:33 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
Quote:It's just been mistranslated and violated by so many.
That is exactly why it needs to be revised, because myopic people believe that they are the only ones capable of understanding it, when the goal is to ensure that everyone understands it equally.

200 years ago it was probably more easily understood. The language was different then.

[Image: bear-arms.jpg]

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post
23-04-2012, 01:41 PM
(23-04-2012 10:54 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
(22-04-2012 03:26 PM)Caveman Wrote:  If you want to nitpick his language:
'Puppetmaster' and 'Speechwriter' do not have spaces in them (for starters).
Really??? My high-end spell checker does not confirm that. So, let's move on - do you have anything, else?

Ofcourse it doesn't. High-end spellchecker (hurhur) Check a dictionary and you find the words seperate as well. But in the sense you use them, they should be written together.

Puppet and master are 2 words, puppetmaster is 1 completely different word.
Speech and writer, exactly the same.
Spell and checker too.

There is no such thing as a high-end spellchecker, it's just a dictionaryscanner that compares and sometimes suggest corrections based on mayching spelling. A machine cannot determine the intention with which you write words like the 3 cases above.
For that you need AI. And that has not been developed nearly enough.

And since Chas has already said the example in your OP is incorrect, the entire topic is moot.

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
24-04-2012, 08:42 AM
(23-04-2012 11:38 AM)germanyt Wrote:  
(23-04-2012 11:33 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  That is exactly why it needs to be revised, because myopic people believe that they are the only ones capable of understanding it, when the goal is to ensure that everyone understands it equally.
200 years ago it was probably more easily understood. The language was different then.
Another good reason to rewrite the Constitution - thank you.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
24-04-2012, 08:48 AM
(24-04-2012 08:42 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
(23-04-2012 11:38 AM)germanyt Wrote:  200 years ago it was probably more easily understood. The language was different then.
Another good reason to rewrite the Constitution - thank you.
I understand it perfectly.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
24-04-2012, 08:53 AM (This post was last modified: 24-04-2012 08:57 AM by TrainWreck.)
(23-04-2012 01:41 PM)Caveman Wrote:  And since Chas has already said the example in your OP is incorrect, the entire topic is moot.
Really??? Someone confirmed that "got" was incorrectly used, and the topic of this discussion is not the focus on the use of the one term, but a whole series of Obama comments; but the peer review pool appears not be concerned with the other instances that I provided.

Now, you seem to be ready to make some definite decisions around here and start getting things straightened out - right?

You want to make a difference in this world - don't you?

Or, do you just want to see how much bullshit you can throw around?

You want to defend your shit about declaring discussions moot - what the fuck are you thinking? You think you can get a higher reputation than me with your lame shit? You need to come up with some pretty strong reasoning to get anywhere near my level of intellectual sophistication - you lame twit.

(24-04-2012 08:48 AM)germanyt Wrote:  
(24-04-2012 08:42 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  Another good reason to rewrite the Constitution - thank you.
I understand it perfectly.
Sounds like an interesting exercise - if you would like to initiate a discussion, please do so, otherwise I will contemplate the approach to such a contest, over some time.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
24-04-2012, 09:17 AM
(24-04-2012 08:53 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
(23-04-2012 01:41 PM)Caveman Wrote:  And since Chas has already said the example in your OP is incorrect, the entire topic is moot.
Really??? Someone confirmed that "got" was incorrectly used, and the topic of this discussion is not the focus on the use of the one term, but a whole series of Obama comments; but the peer review pool appears not be concerned with the other instances that I provided.

Now, you seem to be ready to make some definite decisions around here and start getting things straightened out - right?

You want to make a difference in this world - don't you?

Or, do you just want to see how much bullshit you can throw around?

You want to defend your shit about declaring discussions moot - what the fuck are you thinking? You think you can get a higher reputation than me with your lame shit? You need to come up with some pretty strong reasoning to get anywhere near my level of intellectual sophistication - you lame twit.

(24-04-2012 08:48 AM)germanyt Wrote:  I understand it perfectly.
Sounds like an interesting exercise - if you would like to initiate a discussion, please do so, otherwise I will contemplate the approach to such a contest, over some time.
It'd be difficult for me to devote hours to explaining it. BC did a pretty good thread on the Constitution. If you ever stumble across something you aren't sure about or see someone else not quite understanding part let me know and I'll do my best.

-Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post