Is Paris on Snowden?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-11-2015, 05:24 PM
Is Paris on Snowden?
How come we didn't have any intel on the Paris attack? Could it be because Snowden revealed our collection methods providing the terrorists with information about how to circumvent them?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
14-11-2015, 05:34 PM
RE: Is Paris on Snowden?
Who is "we" ? U.S. in particular or anybody who is not a terrorist?
How effective was preventing the terrorist attacks before Snowden did what he did?

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
14-11-2015, 05:35 PM
(14-11-2015 05:24 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  How come we didn't have any intel on the Paris attack? Could it be because Snowden revealed our collection methods providing the terrorists with information about how to circumvent them?

it is interesting that such a well planned operation seems to have taken the security services by complete surprise.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
14-11-2015, 05:48 PM
When it comes to intelligence collection - we don't know shit and they ain't gonna tell us either.

I am sure they have long regrouped since Snowden.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
14-11-2015, 05:55 PM
(14-11-2015 05:34 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  Who is "we" ?

The US and European Intelligence Agencies.

(14-11-2015 05:48 PM)Dom Wrote:  When it comes to intelligence collection - we don't know shit and they ain't gonna tell us either.

I'm not so sure.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
14-11-2015, 06:04 PM
(14-11-2015 05:24 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  How come we didn't have any intel on the Paris attack? Could it be because Snowden revealed our collection methods providing the terrorists with information about how to circumvent them?

Maybe because the intelligence services are relying too much on mass surveillance and this is no substitute for more traditional methods, rather at best a complement to them.
[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post
14-11-2015, 06:06 PM
(14-11-2015 05:55 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(14-11-2015 05:34 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  Who is "we" ?

The US and European Intelligence Agencies.

(14-11-2015 05:48 PM)Dom Wrote:  When it comes to intelligence collection - we don't know shit and they ain't gonna tell us either.

I'm not so sure.
I never took much interest in the whole Snowden affair.

Did Snowden even have the information on how European agencies operate?

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
14-11-2015, 06:08 PM
MEPs vote in favour of giving Snowden asylum in EU

Quote:The European Parliament has called on EU member states to drop all criminal charges against Edward Snowden and protect him against extradition to the United States.

MEPs voted 285 votes to 281 in favour of a resolution that the NSA whistleblower should be allowed to seek safe asylum in the EU.

The resolution, which isn't binding, is nonetheless a strong signal from MEP's that EU member states should grant Snowden protection. MEPs voting in favour of the measures described Snowden as a "human rights defender" and urged member states to "drop any criminal charges" against him.
[+] 4 users Like Mathilda's post
14-11-2015, 06:15 PM
[Image: T6HEUwV]

You could blame Julian Assange as well. After all, he was protecting whistleblowers with encrypted communication long before snowden communicated with Laura Poitras and Glenn Greenwald. ...

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
14-11-2015, 06:19 PM
(14-11-2015 06:06 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  Did Snowden even have the information on how European agencies operate?

He had access to how the US sees European agencies operate.

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post