Is Paris on Snowden?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-11-2015, 06:19 PM
RE: Is Paris on Snowden?
Paris attacks is on those who did the attacks and those that backed the attackers.
Nobody else.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like earmuffs's post
14-11-2015, 06:21 PM
(14-11-2015 06:19 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Paris attacks is on those who did the attacks and those that backed the attackers.
Nobody else.

It is an intelligence failure on the scale of 9/11.

#sigh
14-11-2015, 06:36 PM
(14-11-2015 06:21 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(14-11-2015 06:19 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Paris attacks is on those who did the attacks and those that backed the attackers.
Nobody else.

It is an intelligence failure on the scale of 9/11.

Just like the military-industrial complex to blame a hero like Ed Snowden for something that had nothing to do with him. Blame away, Establishment Man. Blame away.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
14-11-2015, 06:37 PM
France has THE largest number of people who left for Syria, (1000) and the largest number returned from there. They just have incompetent security. They didn't learn their lesson from "Charlie Hebdo".

This is just the beginning of a long upwards swing in security measures needed by everyone. There is no way to control weapons ... the cat has long been out of the bag. The only option as I see it, is to have weapons detection devices everywhere, and FAR more security devices. We may look back at 'free movement' as a thing of the past, due to over crowding, and all the insane zealots. I knew this would happen. Look at all the uncontrolled entries made by all the "refugees" in the past months. Very easy for nuts to get in along with them. There is no "nice" answer. The French are way to lackadaisical.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
14-11-2015, 06:41 PM
Air travel hasn't been the same since 9/11. It used to be fun and people would party at the airports. Since 9/11 you are being herded around like cattle and totally disrespected. It's a big part of why I quit traveling.

These idiots are ruining our civilization with this crap.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
14-11-2015, 09:23 PM
Oddly enough this news post just popped up.

http://news.yahoo.com/paris-attacks-show...03709.html

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
14-11-2015, 09:55 PM
(14-11-2015 09:23 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Oddly enough this news post just popped up.

http://news.yahoo.com/paris-attacks-show...03709.html

The article talks about TOR as if it's cutting edge tech or, that it can't easily be circumvented (giggles internally).
14-11-2015, 10:13 PM
(14-11-2015 05:55 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  ...
The US and European Intelligence Agencies.

I saw a documentary on this last week.

The various intelligence agencies have been focusing too much on technological surveillance methods and not enough on good ol' fashioned field-work.

Then they were infiltrated by SPECTRE and it all got a bit nasty.

No

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
15-11-2015, 08:08 AM
I think Girly raised a fair question. I have no idea if what Snowden did had any real contribution to the horrific events of last Friday, but it's not that difficult for me to imagine how it could have. And, I think Snowden owns some of that. But, he doesn't own it alone in my opinion.

From the Wikileaks disclosures and then from the Snowden disclosure we've learned that at least the US government has done a lot of thing it should not be doing. The government classified actions by the military that probably should have been viewed as murders to avoid dealing with them. The abuse of "top secret" designations is what lead Manning to provide information to Assange. The violations of the 4th Amendment and other laws as the US spied on Americans is what lead Snowden to disclose information to the Guardian. There were no checks and balances on the system and there were plenty of abuses. Knowing that is what lead people to reveal information to the public. If Snowden owns making intelligence gathering more difficult, I think the US government owns the circumstances that lead him to do so.

I think anyone with a modicum of intelligence understands that your probably going to cross some lines when trying to gather intelligence on a group like ISIS. But, we went well over the lines. The NSA spied on allies like Germany. They apparently spied on members of Congress. You do things like that and you can't complain when someone makes it public.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 3 users Like BnW's post
15-11-2015, 09:05 AM
(14-11-2015 06:37 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  France has THE largest number of people who left for Syria, (1000) and the largest number returned from there. They just have incompetent security. They didn't learn their lesson from "Charlie Hebdo".

This is just the beginning of a long upwards swing in security measures needed by everyone. There is no way to control weapons ... the cat has long been out of the bag. The only option as I see it, is to have weapons detection devices everywhere, and FAR more security devices. We may look back at 'free movement' as a thing of the past, due to over crowding, and all the insane zealots. I knew this would happen. Look at all the uncontrolled entries made by all the "refugees" in the past months. Very easy for nuts to get in along with them. There is no "nice" answer. The French are way to lackadaisical.

Why?

I'm quite serious. Why? What wasn't good enough? That the security record wasn't a perfect 100% forever? Because that's impossible. We will never stop everyone. It can't be done.

... this is my signature!