Is Paris on Snowden?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-11-2015, 09:43 AM
RE: Is Paris on Snowden?
(14-11-2015 05:24 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  How come we didn't have any intel on the Paris attack? Could it be because Snowden revealed our collection methods providing the terrorists with information about how to circumvent them?

They apparently did so by communicating through PS4s:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2...n-attacks/

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-11-2015, 10:04 AM
(14-11-2015 06:36 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(14-11-2015 06:21 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  It is an intelligence failure on the scale of 9/11.

Just like the military-industrial complex to blame a hero like Ed Snowden for something that had nothing to do with him. Blame away, Establishment Man. Blame away.

Hey now. Just 'cause I work for The Man don't mean I don't put itching powder into his jock strap.

(15-11-2015 08:08 AM)BnW Wrote:  If Snowden owns making intelligence gathering more difficult, I think the US government owns the circumstances that lead him to do so.

I agree with that. The problem I have with both Manning and Snowden is that they didn't bother to read and consider the consequences of the mass classified information dump they released. Heroes have an obligation to analyze and redact information which reveals methods and means of intel collection to terrorists who then know how to circumvent them. The problem with both Manning and Snowden is they didn't even bother to read what they were releasing. That's not a hero, that's a bumbling fool with too much access to classified information.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
15-11-2015, 11:05 AM
Well, in the case of Snowden, he released it to journalists and asked them to make the calls about what was appropriate to release and what was not. That doesn't absolve him of responsibility but it does show someone who tried to do that right thing.

Anyone remember the responses from the Republicans after the shooting at the college in Oregon? Jeb Bush articulated it as "stuff happens" but the entire group of them basically said the same thing. Their view was that, no matter how many people die, they are not going to infringe on their interpretation on the 2nd Amendment. How do you think they are going to now feel about the 4th and 5th Amendments? You think they are going to call those sacrosanct and demand we not infringe on anyone's liberty in order to protect us from the terrorist threat? I don't. I think you are going to see all kinds of craziness and calls for suspensions of civil rights.

Curious to see, when it happens, if anyone calls them out on the hypocrisy. And, I guess the same could be said for the Democrats.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
15-11-2015, 11:15 AM (This post was last modified: 15-11-2015 11:20 AM by GirlyMan.)
(15-11-2015 11:05 AM)BnW Wrote:  Well, in the case of Snowden, he released it to journalists and asked them to make the calls about what was appropriate to release and what was not. That doesn't absolve him of responsibility but it does show someone who tried to do that right thing.

Ah, the old "Pontius Pilate I wash my hands of this nasty business" defense.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
15-11-2015, 11:19 AM
(15-11-2015 11:05 AM)BnW Wrote:  Their view was that, no matter how many people die, they are not going to infringe on their interpretation on the 2nd Amendment. How do you think they are going to now feel about the 4th and 5th Amendments?

For many of them the 2nd Amendment is the only one they've ever heard of. And they haven't even read it, let alone comprehend and appreciate and understand it.

15-11-2015, 11:21 AM
No. It`s on the religion of peace.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
15-11-2015, 11:22 AM
(15-11-2015 11:21 AM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  No. It`s on the religion of peace.

Satanism?

15-11-2015, 11:28 AM
(15-11-2015 11:22 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(15-11-2015 11:21 AM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  No. It`s on the religion of peace.

Satanism?

The death cult with pedophile prophet and childraping followers.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
15-11-2015, 11:46 AM
(15-11-2015 11:28 AM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  
(15-11-2015 11:22 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Satanism?

Catholicism?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
15-11-2015, 11:47 AM
(15-11-2015 11:28 AM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  
(15-11-2015 11:22 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Satanism?

You'll have to be more specific. That covers most of them.