Is Putin the person of the year?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-12-2013, 02:02 AM
Is Putin the person of the year?
I am by no means a person who in any way supports that man. In my opinion he is an authoritarian right wing thug, and I sincerely hope that he will be held accountable for his wrongdoings one day (eventhough that is very unlikely).

Yet when looking at his political achievements this year:

Sticking it to the West by giving temporary asylum to Snowden
Sticking it to the West again by preventing a intervention in Syria and bringing forward a "diplomatic" solution
Getting the Ukraine out of it`s drift towards the EU by blackmailing it into a treaty binding it closer to Russia
A amnesty for political prisoners for a pr coup to gain more trust and popularity for the upcoming olympics.

In my opinion, he managed to show the world this year that Russia still is a power to be reconed with, like nobody had showed it in a long time.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-12-2013, 07:33 AM
RE: Is Putin the person of the year?
(26-12-2013 02:02 AM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  I am by no means a person who in any way supports that man. In my opinion he is an authoritarian right wing thug, and I sincerely hope that he will be held accountable for his wrongdoings one day (eventhough that is very unlikely).

Yet when looking at his political achievements this year:

Sticking it to the West by giving temporary asylum to Snowden
Sticking it to the West again by preventing a intervention in Syria and bringing forward a "diplomatic" solution
Getting the Ukraine out of it`s drift towards the EU by blackmailing it into a treaty binding it closer to Russia
A amnesty for political prisoners for a pr coup to gain more trust and popularity for the upcoming olympics.

In my opinion, he managed to show the world this year that Russia still is a power to be reconed with, like nobody had showed it in a long time.

He's the authoritarian thug of the year. That's all.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post