Is Richard Carrier Your Expert? Can You Explain?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-10-2014, 07:36 AM (This post was last modified: 10-10-2014 07:42 AM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: Is Richard Carrier Your Expert? Can You Explain?
(10-10-2014 07:20 AM)anonymous66 Wrote:  
(10-10-2014 07:15 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  They're BIASED religious people.
You wouldn't know an "expert" if one bit you on the ass.
Why are you totally unable to discuss the ISSUES and why do you keep HIDING behind "consensus" ? That is the question here.

why would you call colleges with biased religious people in their history department? I'm starting to think some atheists are just as nutty as the Christians they mock so much.

why don't you call the colleges you trust? DUMBASS

You don't know how to dial a fucking phone ?
(You're betraying your ignorance here. You never even went to college did you ? Academics are WELL AWARE of the work of others in their field).

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2014, 08:18 AM
(10-10-2014 06:51 AM)anonymous66 Wrote:  ^I think this is what you meant to say.

If you want to just respond to things that you say instead of things other people say, why not write up a fake transcript of a conversation that didn't happen and post it in the OP?

Do you even discussion forum?
10-10-2014, 08:22 AM
(10-10-2014 07:14 AM)anonymous66 Wrote:  and I'll keep showing that Richard Carrier is very similar to Stephen Meyer. it's just atheists instead of creationists

Why is it that he's the same? What does he say that's wrong?
10-10-2014, 08:25 AM
Quote:I'll keep accepting evolution (despite what the ID community has to say) I'll keep immunizing my child (despite what fringe "experts" have to say)... Ill keep hoping people realize that human caused global warming is happening...

You really do seem to have a serious problem differentiating claims and seeing anything other than black and white.

The evidence for evolution is overwhelming; the claims of ID have been looked at and found to be nonsense.

The evidence that vaccinations do not cause autism is overwhelming; the claims to the contrary have been looked at and found to be nonsense.

The evidence for global warming is overwhelming; the claims to the contrary have been looked at and found to be nonsense.

The evidence for the historicity of Jesus is scant and subject to interpretation; recent claims to the contrary have yet to be fully reviewed by the experts. Even if there is a general consensus on historicity it is a matter of probability more than hard science and there have long been historians who have suggested alternatives. Some of those ideas turned out to be nonsense and have been discarded. Others are still up for debate (and, free clue, that's the point).

You may be an atheist but, given your dogmatic adherence to one point and your inability to see any nuances in any arguments, I don't think you are a skeptic.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
10-10-2014, 08:31 AM
(10-10-2014 07:20 AM)anonymous66 Wrote:  
(10-10-2014 07:17 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I already told you. I'm too scared to check my assumptions.

^fixed that for you.

Your reputation went from +5 to -9 in less than 48 hours. You might want to ponder that.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post