Is Richard Hammond the luckiest man alive?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-06-2017, 10:03 AM
Is Richard Hammond the luckiest man alive?
One-time Top Gear (the good UK one, not the shitty American one) presenter Richard Hammond has been involved in yet-another high-speed crash, this time while filming Amazon's The Grand Tour.

This time it came while he was at the wheel of a Rimac Concept One, an Croation electric supercar.

This is what the car looks like:
[Image: rimac-concept-one.jpg]

And after Hammond's crash:
[Image: 170611144822-richard-hammond-crash-exlarge-169.jpg]

Here's more, including some video: http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/11/europe/ric...index.html

This isn't the first time Hammond has escaped by the skin of his teeth. In 2007, unseen damage to a tyre (I can spell it that way because it's about an Englishman!) caused a horrific crash while he was driving a Vampire Jet Car. He spent two weeks in a coma but emerged relatively intact.

Here's the video of the jet car crash (less than a minute):

And an interview with him about it after he returned to Top Gear (4 minutes - crappy quality, sorry):

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-06-2017, 10:43 AM
RE: Is Richard Hammond the luckiest man alive?
Pah!

He's not even a real hamster.

11-06-2017, 10:52 AM
How many wives has he had?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-06-2017, 11:10 AM
(11-06-2017 10:03 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  One-time Top Gear (the good UK one, not the shitty American one) presenter Richard Hammond

Top Gear was never good. Even without the obnoxious Jeremy Clarkson it has only improved to awful.

“I am not responsible for actions of the imaginary version of me you have inside your head.” - John Scalzi

[+] 2 users Like Norm Deplume's post
11-06-2017, 11:22 AM
(11-06-2017 11:10 AM)Norm Deplume Wrote:  
(11-06-2017 10:03 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  One-time Top Gear (the good UK one, not the shitty American one) presenter Richard Hammond

Top Gear was never good. Even without the obnoxious Jeremy Clarkson it has only improved to awful.
The three were play caricatures, over-the-top renditions of obnoxious types. Whether they assumed those persona IRL is another matter. The humor was in the parodies. Some people like that kind of humor, some don't.
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
11-06-2017, 12:43 PM
(11-06-2017 11:22 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(11-06-2017 11:10 AM)Norm Deplume Wrote:  Top Gear was never good. Even without the obnoxious Jeremy Clarkson it has only improved to awful.
The three were play caricatures, over-the-top renditions of obnoxious types. Whether they assumed those persona IRL is another matter. The humor was in the parodies. Some people like that kind of humor, some don't.
If Clarkson was assuming a role he would not have verbally and physically attacked Oisin Tymon and been sacked. An unprovoked assault on a co-worker suggests that he was not playing a part on screen.

“I am not responsible for actions of the imaginary version of me you have inside your head.” - John Scalzi

11-06-2017, 01:04 PM
(11-06-2017 12:43 PM)Norm Deplume Wrote:  
(11-06-2017 11:22 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  The three were play caricatures, over-the-top renditions of obnoxious types. Whether they assumed those persona IRL is another matter. The humor was in the parodies. Some people like that kind of humor, some don't.
If Clarkson was assuming a role he would not have verbally and physically attacked Oisin Tymon and been sacked. An unprovoked assault on a co-worker suggests that he was not playing a part on screen.
Or that the on-screen persona has taken over.
11-06-2017, 01:13 PM
No. If he were then no crashes would have happened to him.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
11-06-2017, 02:24 PM
(11-06-2017 01:13 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  No. If he were then no crashes would have happened to him.

True logic.

While lying in the road, bleeding out - I had a bystander tell me "You're lucky to be alive"..

I answered " Wrong, numbnuts.. If I was lucky, the fucker would have missed"...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
12-06-2017, 12:21 AM
JUST 362 km/h? That ain't shit! Try Matt Hall's brush with death at nearly 400 km/h

Or Steve Hinton's 1979 Reno Crash of the RB-51 at 720 km/h.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
[+] 1 user Likes Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post