Is Satan in charge of Hell?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-02-2015, 10:01 PM
Is Satan in charge of Hell?
Does the Bible actually say that Satan is in charge of Hell? If so, where?

Sapere aude
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-02-2015, 10:05 PM
RE: Is Satan in charge of Hell?
I would be shocked if it were discovered that Christians have taken liberties interpreting the Buybull.
[+] 2 users Like Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
12-02-2015, 10:12 PM
It seems to be god that is in charge of hell, as it should be, since he created the atrocity.

Is Satan The Master of Hell?

In the gospel of Nicodemus (Apocrypha) It states that Beelzebub (Hades) is in charge and Satan was consigned to the "Room of Adam" after Jesus went there after he died and took the keys from Hades.

I guess that's why they never included the gospel of Nicodemus in the bible, it made them uncomfortable acknowledging Greek myths were as real as their mythical Jesus.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 4 users Like TheInquisition's post
12-02-2015, 10:24 PM
If god is the master of everything, and he is indeed stronger than Satan, and is omniscient and omnipotent, wouldn't that technically make HIM in charge of Hell? I mean if he knows all, he will know all that is going on there. If he's everywhere, he would also be there too. If he is all powerful he could stop it if he really wanted to since he is more powerful that Satan. Yet he chooses not to. So wouldn't that still make him the overall head honcho and simultaneously the most evil creature in the cosmos?

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
12-02-2015, 11:08 PM
That's a common misperception. Satan isn't in charge of hell, Satan charges for admittance into hell. It's steep. That's why so few actually get there and wind up in heaven instead, which has neither an entrance fee nor any egress. That lack of egress in particular is a hell of a problem.
[+] 1 user Likes Airportkid's post
13-02-2015, 07:13 AM (This post was last modified: 13-02-2015 07:19 AM by RobbyPants.)
(12-02-2015 10:01 PM)f stop Wrote:  Does the Bible actually say that Satan is in charge of Hell? If so, where?

I was probably in my late 20s, if not older, when I realized that a lot of what I believed about Satan and Hell came directly from Bible fan-fiction.

The Bible says very little specifically about Hell. You can try to read more into it if you're willing to translate words like Hades, Gehenna, Hinnom, Sheol, and Tartarus to all say "Hell" (KJV, I'm looking at you). Interestingly enough, all this vagueness has recently been used to try to remove heaven from Christian theology in some circles. Apparently, it's all just a metaphor for a garbage dump outside of Jerusalem (if you believe the esoteric writings of one Rabi from the 12th century) and we all go to Heaven. Yay?
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
13-02-2015, 07:15 AM
He used to be.

My ex's mother is now in charge.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
13-02-2015, 07:21 AM
The bible is hardly ever the source of any Satan or Hell lore, that's mainly good ole later additions.

My favorite and I deem just as good as any to use as legit is Paradise Lost. Where Satan does rule and control in his giant halls... but spoilers, in the end Gods power still does reach into hell to turn Satan and all the devils into snakes for a moment. S to Milton, not really as God's essence still reaches to Hell despite Satan wanting to think he rules there.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
13-02-2015, 08:25 AM
Nah, he fucked up and Crowley took over.

[Image: tumblr_mzfdh06qHL1rncewho2_r1_400.jpg]

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
13-02-2015, 04:16 PM
I thought He Who Brings The Light was given charge of Earth? ... Same thing I suppose.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus