Is Steve Martin a sexist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-12-2016, 07:19 PM
RE: Is Steve Martin a sexist
Give the old guy a break.....

At least he didn't say ---

"I'd hit that"......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
29-12-2016, 07:25 PM
(29-12-2016 07:19 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Give the old guy a break.....

At least he didn't say ---

"I'd hit that"......

So, we've established that he's not a necrophiliac. Big Grin

Personally, given how young he probably was in his infatuation for her looks, at least he shows up as grown, now. People in the US need an internet chill pill.
29-12-2016, 08:49 PM
(29-12-2016 02:58 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
Quote:"When I was a young man, Carrie Fisher was the most beautiful creature I had ever seen. She turned out to be witty and bright as well," Martin, 71, wrote in the deleted tweet.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment...-1.2927692

I don't see it but maybe you do. Thoughts?

He was trying to say that she was far more than her looks and appearance. The reaction to his tweet from a minority of idiots was ridiculous. I suspect that he took it down because he didn't want to sidetrack the genuine feelings people had for her. But, I don't think he meant anything negative with his comments at all. If anything, he was trying to be complimentary in 140 characters or less.

People need to get over themselves.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 5 users Like BnW's post
29-12-2016, 09:16 PM
Is Steve Martin a sexist
I don't see anything wrong with saying she was beautiful. She was absolutely gorgeous.
[Image: 90497dba6b88726c90b771e713b0649f.jpg]
29-12-2016, 09:21 PM
I see nothing wrong with what he said. It's a shame you can't even pay someone a heartfelt compliment without someone taking offense to it.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it- not even if I have said it- unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha
[+] 1 user Likes Ohio Sky's post
30-12-2016, 05:10 AM
The issue, for me, isn't so much as someone taking offence but him removing what he said because someone took offence.
Who cares if someone took a fence, fuck that person.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
30-12-2016, 07:09 AM
I thought it was real and heartfelt. So sad he was shamed for it.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlDumpsGod's post
30-12-2016, 08:02 AM
(30-12-2016 05:10 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  The issue, for me, isn't so much as someone taking offence but him removing what he said because someone took offence.
Who cares if someone took a fence, fuck that person.
They are the kind of people who will dox, harass and bully you until you comply with their demands, so I don't blame him for removing his tweet.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
30-12-2016, 09:08 AM
If anything I think his comment is self-deprecating. I think he's poking fun at his own prejudice over the fact that he initially judged her on looks alone, and was pleased enough with that, and then later discovered she was also smart, funny, and talented.

I think you have to view his comment through the lens of them both being entertainment icons. There are plenty of people in Hollywood or in show business in general who do alright for themselves for awhile with just one thing; whether it's their looks, or their voice, or their sense of humor, or some quirk or gimmick. I think Steve Martin's comment was well intended - initially he thought he had her pegged as just another pretty girl in the movies, and was even appreciative of that alone. Then he was pleasantly surprised to find far more dimension and nuance to her.

I don't think she would have felt offended or slighted in any way by the comment. She was a tough broad, a good shit.
[+] 5 users Like Mr. Boston's post
30-12-2016, 09:15 AM
^ nice post.
Let's face the truth, she was a young actress marketed to us in a huge blockbuster epic film, precisely because of her looks. His comment was truly representative of how all of us who are her fans feel, and felt as we got to know her better.