Is The Flat Earth Society Real?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-02-2013, 02:05 AM
RE: Is The Flat Earth Society Real?
Oh... those are those fried balls - Danish, right? Shy Yumalish.

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-02-2013, 06:09 AM
Crazier beliefs have happened. We still have holocaust deniers among us, still arguing that the lacks of holes in a single crematorium roof is all the proof anyone needs that the entire thing was made up ("no holes, no hole-caust"). And as many of us have witnessed, Satan worshipers actually exist in the form of people who think Satan is real. Sam Harris wrote in both the appendices of The End of Faith and the body of Letter to a Christian Nation that using belief in Poseidon as an example of a dead religion has gotten him angry letters from people who actually worship Poseidon. Cognitive dissonance and herd mentality give us a mechanism to believe the most outlandish things, even a flat Earth.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Starcrash's post
20-02-2013, 07:38 AM
(20-02-2013 06:09 AM)Starcrash Wrote:  Cognitive dissonance and herd mentality give us a mechanism to believe the most outlandish things, even a flat Earth.
And a still-standing Earth, a geocentric model of our solar system, YEC, Intelligent Design, Scientology, moon-landing conspiracies, alien abductions, new age and esoteric woo, etc. pp. The list is endless. No
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
20-02-2013, 10:14 AM
(20-02-2013 07:38 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(20-02-2013 06:09 AM)Starcrash Wrote:  Cognitive dissonance and herd mentality give us a mechanism to believe the most outlandish things, even a flat Earth.
And a still-standing Earth, a geocentric model of our solar system, YEC, Intelligent Design, Scientology, moon-landing conspiracies, alien abductions, new age and esoteric woo, etc. pp. The list is endless. No
The list! The list! The list is the evil thing, meant to decoy us away from the truth! Come, my friends, let us form a cult seeking true knowledge and believe anything that ISN'T on the list must be true!

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post
20-02-2013, 10:26 AM (This post was last modified: 21-02-2013 02:06 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(20-02-2013 10:14 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(20-02-2013 07:38 AM)Vosur Wrote:  And a still-standing Earth, a geocentric model of our solar system, YEC, Intelligent Design, Scientology, moon-landing conspiracies, alien abductions, new age and esoteric woo, etc. pp. The list is endless. No
The list! The list! The list is the evil thing, meant to decoy us away from the truth! Come, my friends, let us form a cult seeking true knowledge and believe anything that ISN'T on the list must be true!

[Image: 134316340826.jpg]

Tongue

[Image: qce9oP7.gif]
20-02-2013, 03:06 PM

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
20-02-2013, 03:54 PM
Get that fucking globe out of my house.... only maps are allowed here!!!!

We live in a 2D world

Confused

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
21-02-2013, 02:05 AM
[Image: flatearth.png]

[Image: turtle.png]

[Image: qce9oP7.gif]