Is There Really Any Evidence For Intelligent Design?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-12-2012, 01:28 PM
Is There Really Any Evidence For Intelligent Design?
Many of us on the forums know what "Intelligent" Design is? We've heard the feeble arguments made by the ignorant proponents of this claim. They've tried to claim that a number of human body parts, including the eye, could have never been produced as a result of evolution. Accepted by nearly 95% of those who hold a college degree in any field of science, the Darwinian Theory of Evolution is unrivaled by any claim or hypothesis within the scientific community; however, a large percentage of the United States population still favors the mythology provided by the Old Testimate. But why?
The evidence for evolution is more than enough to render it as a fact. The human body has many vestigial organs and body parts (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hieIDLLfo4I) such as the Appendix and the Coccyx that are included in the anatomy of lower primates. With thousands of fossils discovered that belong to ancient transitional species, how could people be as ignorant as to assume that everything was created in six days? Modern Humans share 98.6% of their DNA with the Common Chimpanzee, serving as evidence that humans and chimps had diverged from a common ancestor. Multiple times, different forms of radiometric dating have proved that the Earth is of 4.5 billion years of age, and not six thousand years of age.
We really need to stop letting ourselves fall victim to such ignorance, and we need to educate ourselves on the facts of a subject prior to making conclusions. The evidence for God and Creation is non-existent. The education system needs to treat religion equally to the conspiracy theories and pseudoscience that they dismiss due to the lack of evidence that such claims carry.

Cool story, bro. Drinking Beverage
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Refuting_Ignorance_Every_Day's post
20-12-2012, 01:28 PM
RE: Is There Really Any Evidence For Intelligent Design?
No. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
20-12-2012, 02:17 PM
Sure there is.

Just look around you. Open your eyes. All you need is two working eyes to see the magnificence all around you. Magnificence that only a perfect creator could have created.

In fact, the very fact that you have eyes to open is proof of a creator, for how could such an irreducibly complex thing as an eye just spontaneously come into existence from nothing? It couldn't have evolved; what use is half an eye?

Or take the banana. It fits our hand perfectly, it's curved perfectly to easily reach our mouth. Obviously only a perfect creator could have crated such a perfect thing as a banana.

Look at it this way. If you're walking in a field and you find a watch...

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Aseptic Skeptic's post
20-12-2012, 02:29 PM
No. 100% of the evidence that I've seen is either a "god of the gaps" argument (a current gap in our knowledge), or it's a purposeful misrepresentation of what we do know. The first is bad because they are making the assumption that we will never know more about the particular subject. It's basically an acceptance of closing off one's mind to new information. The second is even worse because they have to twist or even hide information in order to get the evidence they need.
[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post
20-12-2012, 02:31 PM
...and you bend over and it fits up your ass...

Evolve
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
20-12-2012, 02:45 PM
(20-12-2012 02:31 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  ...and you bend over and it fits up your ass...
I assume you meant the banana?

It should be more natural, brother. It should flow out, like this - "Look, man, I ain't fallin' for no banana in my tailpipe!"

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
20-12-2012, 02:51 PM
(20-12-2012 02:45 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  
(20-12-2012 02:31 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  ...and you bend over and it fits up your ass...
I assume you meant the banana?

It should be more natural, brother. It should flow out, like this - "Look, man, I ain't fallin' for no banana in my tailpipe!"
I was actually continuing your analogy of the watch.

Evolve
20-12-2012, 02:51 PM
(20-12-2012 02:51 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(20-12-2012 02:45 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  I assume you meant the banana?

I was actually continuing your analogy of the watch.
Damn, here I went Beverly Hills Cop and you went Pulp Fiction. My bad.

The way your dad looked at it, this watch was your birthright. He'd be damned if any slopes gonna put their greasy yellow hands on his boy's birthright, so he hid it, in the one place he knew he could hide something: his ass. Five long years, he wore this watch up his ass. Then when he died of dysentery, he gave me the watch. I hid this uncomfortable piece of metal up my ass for two years. Then, after seven years, I was sent home to my family. And now, little man, I give the watch to you.

[+] 3 users Like Aseptic Skeptic's post
20-12-2012, 02:52 PM
Always go Samuel L. over Eddie Murphy.

Evolve
20-12-2012, 02:55 PM
Psssst. It was Christopher Walken, but yeah, I'd probably take either of them over Eddie Murphy, unless I was in the mood for comedy.