Is Thiesm Evil

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-09-2017, 04:49 AM
RE: Is Thiesm Evil
(24-09-2017 04:44 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(24-09-2017 04:40 AM)Thinker Wrote:  What are the antidotes to all that, including my ferociously Satanic Evangelist constantly bombarding me with patronising lectures on the imperativeness of abstinence from gay sex despite that he has committed to 'sinful' premarital sex in the past and notwithstanding his aggressive gay-bashing stance towards my virginity?
I don't give a shit about antidotes to whatever trouble you lie about having.

I don't care how you disbelieve me. I no longer have your trust but that makes no difference to me - you will remain ignorant about some of my truths forever and I can accept that fate from you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-09-2017, 04:57 AM
(24-09-2017 04:49 AM)Thinker Wrote:  
(24-09-2017 04:44 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  I don't give a shit about antidotes to whatever trouble you lie about having.

I don't care how you disbelieve me. I no longer have your trust but that makes no difference to me - you will remain ignorant about some of my truths forever and I can accept that fate from you.

You never had my trust.

Also I'm not interested in your "truths".

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
24-09-2017, 05:00 AM
(24-09-2017 04:57 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(24-09-2017 04:49 AM)Thinker Wrote:  I don't care how you disbelieve me. I no longer have your trust but that makes no difference to me - you will remain ignorant about some of my truths forever and I can accept that fate from you.

You never had my trust.

All is good, my dearest man in distress...
24-09-2017, 05:06 AM
(24-09-2017 05:00 AM)Thinker Wrote:  
(24-09-2017 04:57 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  You never had my trust.

All is good, my dearest man in distress...
Except your head.

Wysłane z mojego 6045K przy użyciu Tapatalka

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
24-09-2017, 05:08 AM
(24-09-2017 05:06 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(24-09-2017 05:00 AM)Thinker Wrote:  All is good, my dearest man in distress...
Except your head.

Wysłane z mojego 6045K przy użyciu Tapatalka

My head as in what and for whom?
24-09-2017, 05:36 AM
Thinker, in this thread we are discussing theism and whether or not it is evil. I thought the conversation was productive until you felt the need to turn it into a soap box from which you could behave hyper-defensively while complaining about being offended. We already have a thread for your dramatic antics in the one you started about prosecuting people who hurt your feelings.

Let's stick to the subject at hand in this thread, shall we?
[+] 5 users Like Aliza's post
24-09-2017, 06:15 AM
Theism is delusional and from those delusions, people can harm others that they normally wouldn't. They might also help others they normally wouldn't.

It's definitely a mix of good & evil, if you want to look at it in those terms.

The thing is, all the good they do, anyone can do, without theism.
The evil shit they do, theism is a prime requirement for that.

So I would say, it's a poison, a parasite, a contagious virus that can spread throughout a gullible community.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 3 users Like Rahn127's post
24-09-2017, 06:15 AM
(24-09-2017 05:36 AM)Aliza Wrote:  Thinker, in this thread we are discussing theism and whether or not it is evil. I thought the conversation was productive until you felt the need to turn it into a soap box from which you could behave hyper-defensively while complaining about being offended. We already have a thread for your dramatic antics in the one you started about prosecuting people who hurt your feelings.

Let's stick to the subject at hand in this thread, shall we?

Yes, my lord.

Yours excellence...
24-09-2017, 06:29 AM
(24-09-2017 06:15 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Theism is delusional and from those delusions, people can harm others that they normally wouldn't. They might also help others they normally wouldn't.

So I would say, it's a poison, a parasite, a contagious virus that can spread throughout a gullible community.

The good and the bad of theism can be expressed by non-theists because they are human traits.

I don't think theism (believing in a deity) causes evil actions, but associating with a bad group, whether it's a religious group or not, can make people adopt a toxic ideology. Any group that takes the stance that there is one, single truth that is good and pure and all others are wrong is a dangerous, evil organization. Political affiliations, nationalism and even some aggressive animal activist groups come to mind as good examples.
24-09-2017, 06:30 AM (This post was last modified: 24-09-2017 06:35 AM by Thinker.)
(24-09-2017 06:29 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(24-09-2017 06:15 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Theism is delusional and from those delusions, people can harm others that they normally wouldn't. They might also help others they normally wouldn't.

The good and the bad of theism can be expressed by non-theists because they are human traits.

I don't think theism (believing in a deity) causes evil actions, but associating with a bad group, whether it's a religious group or not, can make people adopt a toxic ideology. Any group that takes the stance that there is one, single truth that is good and pure and all others are wrong is a dangerous, evil organization. Political affiliations, nationalism and even some aggressive animal activist groups come to mind as good examples.

Indeez!

My man Aliza, I have your back as always...