Is This The End Of Youtube?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-09-2016, 10:30 AM
YouTube Heroes controversy
YouTube has decided that they will give users points for flagging videos, as well as give users who the ability to "mass flag" videos.

Quote: Earlier this month, YouTube launched its own social network of sorts with the debut of YouTube Community; now it’s enlisting help from viewers to help moderate it, along with other content on the video-sharing site. The company has announcedthe launch of a new, crowdsourced moderation program called “YouTube Heroes,” which asks volunteers to perform tasks like flagging inappropriate content, adding captions and subtitles, and responding to questions on the YouTube Help forum, among other things.

YouTube says that those who participate will be eligible to receive perks, including access to exclusive workshops and sneak preview product launches, for example.

As of right now, the announcement video has over 150k dislikes. Let's see if YouTube gets the message or continues to be clueless.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-09-2016, 10:49 AM
RE: YouTube Heroes controversy
I'd bet a thousand bucks that this program, if enacted, will be swarmed by censor-happy SJWs in no time at all. Just like reddit, 4chan, Twitter and Wikipedia.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 5 users Like Vosur's post
22-09-2016, 11:02 AM
(22-09-2016 10:49 AM)Vosur Wrote:  I'd bet a thousand bucks that this program, if enacted, will be swarmed by censor-happy SJWs in no time at all. Just like reddit, 4chan, Twitter and Wikipedia.

Don't forget religious people who are offended by atheist videos.

[+] 2 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
22-09-2016, 06:52 PM
(22-09-2016 10:30 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  YouTube has decided that they will give users points for flagging videos, as well as give users who the ability to "mass flag" videos.

Quote: Earlier this month, YouTube launched its own social network of sorts with the debut of YouTube Community; now it’s enlisting help from viewers to help moderate it, along with other content on the video-sharing site. The company has announcedthe launch of a new, crowdsourced moderation program called “YouTube Heroes,” which asks volunteers to perform tasks like flagging inappropriate content, adding captions and subtitles, and responding to questions on the YouTube Help forum, among other things.

YouTube says that those who participate will be eligible to receive perks, including access to exclusive workshops and sneak preview product launches, for example.

As of right now, the announcement video has over 150k dislikes. Let's see if YouTube gets the message or continues to be clueless.

Has anybody flagged it?

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 4 users Like Paleophyte's post
22-09-2016, 08:12 PM
(22-09-2016 06:52 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  
(22-09-2016 10:30 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  YouTube has decided that they will give users points for flagging videos, as well as give users who the ability to "mass flag" videos.

Has anybody flagged it?

Tons of people according to Reddit comments.

22-09-2016, 08:53 PM
It might still be possible to lay an algorithm on top of which subgroups flag which kinds of videos, and how reliable a given person's flags are. I'll watch with interest.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 2 users Like Hafnof's post
22-09-2016, 09:27 PM
Wow. This might be generating an even bigger backlash than when the Fine Bros tried to copyright the concept of reacting.

Popcorn

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
[+] 1 user Likes CleverUsername's post
22-09-2016, 10:09 PM
(22-09-2016 10:49 AM)Vosur Wrote:  I'd bet a thousand bucks that this program, if enacted, will be swarmed by censor-happy SJWs in no time at all. Just like reddit, 4chan, Twitter and Wikipedia.

Censor happy anybody, as well and trolls and your run of the mill assholes. Censorship is not an exclusive tool of the regressive left.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
23-09-2016, 02:12 AM
(22-09-2016 11:02 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  

Don't forget religious people who are offended by atheist videos.

I feel like this will be much more likely than 'those darn SJWs'
23-09-2016, 03:16 AM

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post