Is This The End Of Youtube?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-10-2016, 02:27 PM
RE: Is This The End Of Youtube?
Does "SJW" actually mean anything or is it just a substitute for "views I don't like"?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like ViolexTV's post
13-10-2016, 09:39 PM
(13-10-2016 02:27 PM)ViolexTV Wrote:  Does "SJW" actually mean anything or is it just a substitute for "views I don't like"?

Replace I don't like with the words "either mischaracterized and or wrong and you got the answer Tongue

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
13-10-2016, 09:44 PM
It's a catch-all term for pretty much all progressive ideals, from what I've seen. Doesn't really carry any meaning, I guess.
13-10-2016, 09:48 PM
(13-10-2016 09:44 PM)ViolexTV Wrote:  It's a catch-all term for pretty much all progressive ideals, from what I've seen. Doesn't really carry any meaning, I guess.

Well it is either that or feminist, I like SJW more.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
14-10-2016, 08:28 AM
One day alone like in 2012 probably I saw a few amazing atheist videos and was done with that thinking he was a dolt. Reminded me of a coworker I had of the mentality going around saying "fuck god" as an argument of anti religious sentiment.

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
14-10-2016, 05:13 PM (This post was last modified: 14-10-2016 05:20 PM by Lucipurr.)
(13-10-2016 09:44 PM)ViolexTV Wrote:  It's a catch-all term for pretty much all progressive ideals, from what I've seen. Doesn't really carry any meaning, I guess.

It's not.

Progressives don't try to stifle any opposition by playing the race card and the sexist card constantly. I'm quite progressive (It makes sense due to what I am) and I distance myself from SJWs. They don't represent me.
14-10-2016, 05:14 PM
(14-10-2016 08:28 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  One day alone like in 2012 probably I saw a few amazing atheist videos and was done with that thinking he was a dolt. Reminded me of a coworker I had of the mentality going around saying "fuck god" as an argument of anti religious sentiment.

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

He has changed a bit since 2012.
14-10-2016, 05:26 PM
Yeah, now he makes fun of rape victims, trans people, makes racist jokes, and complains about women's rights activism on YouTube while simultaneously misunderstanding most feminist ideology.

I mean you know, different. I guess. Not necessarily for the better, imo.
[+] 1 user Likes ViolexTV's post
14-10-2016, 06:40 PM
Maybe I am missing something, but I don't see how this sort of moderation technic could ever have any effect on Youtube in general. Maybe it could get some overly racist/sexist/classist/etc. video to be taken down or flagged, but even then. Considering the nature of the Youtube community and its size, only a few religious fundamentalists and neo-nazis vlogger seem to be at risk of seeing some of their content deleted or their account suspended. Mediatised cases of cyberbullying might also trigger some reaction once in a while, but overall, business as usual.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
14-10-2016, 10:07 PM (This post was last modified: 14-10-2016 10:12 PM by Lucipurr.)
(14-10-2016 05:26 PM)ViolexTV Wrote:  Yeah, now he makes fun of rape victims, trans people, makes racist jokes, and complains about women's rights activism on YouTube while simultaneously misunderstanding most feminist ideology.

I mean you know, different. I guess. Not necessarily for the better, imo.

I'm trans and a big fan.

When has TJ ever made fun of trans people or rape victims? When has he made a racist joke? He's also helped raise more money for womens rights' charities than people such as Sarkeesian ever have.