Is This The End Of Youtube?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-10-2016, 12:09 AM (This post was last modified: 15-10-2016 12:15 AM by epronovost.)
RE: Is This The End Of Youtube?
(14-10-2016 10:07 PM)Lucipurr Wrote:  
(14-10-2016 05:26 PM)ViolexTV Wrote:  Yeah, now he makes fun of rape victims, trans people, makes racist jokes, and complains about women's rights activism on YouTube while simultaneously misunderstanding most feminist ideology.

I mean you know, different. I guess. Not necessarily for the better, imo.

I'm trans and a big fan.

When has TJ ever made fun of trans people or rape victims? When has he made a racist joke? He's also helped raise more money for womens rights' charities than people such as Sarkeesian ever have.

From what I found on the character, he seems to flirt frequently the line between intelligent social commentary and insensitive stupidity. He also seem to have changed several of his views (or at least the way he presents things) over the years. To me, he strikes me as a man who used Youtube vlogging as a way to empower himself, rise is low self estime and connect with people. He seems to acknowledge his difficulty with interracting with people on several occasion and frequently blames his blundders (for example his rape threats, long winded and sometime violent and threatening rants and the occasionnal "bellow the belt" attacks on people he is arguing against no matter the subject) on this and his short temper. His vitriolic rants can make him entertaining to some people and is the core reason he as so many fans, but, in my opinion, he is much more palatable when talking about light subjects like pop culture critique where his glarring weaknesses are more easily forgotten (I happen to only have watch a few of his movie critique and its much later that I realised the man was atheist vlogger).

When it comes to his critique of both religion and more complex social issue, he lacks knowledge, nuances and composure. This frequently makes him look like an insensitive bully with very little actual good arguments or capacity to critique and analyse those subject bellow surface level. His constant uses of ad hominem attacks, little depth of knowledge on various issues he like to talk about and his wide audience makes him, unwittingly, a vehicule of disinformation and perhapse even of radicalisation since the atheist community, while still exempt of such example so far to my knowledge, isnt immune to produce viciously intolerant, threatening or downright dangerous people. In all cases, I doubt that Youtube new policies will affect his material all that much since most of his blundders were in written form and without much forethought.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes epronovost's post
15-10-2016, 03:28 AM
RE: Is This The End Of Youtube?
(15-10-2016 12:09 AM)epronovost Wrote:  From what I found on the character, he seems to flirt frequently the line between intelligent social commentary and insensitive stupidity. He also seem to have changed several of his views (or at least the way he presents things) over the years. To me, he strikes me as a man who used Youtube vlogging as a way to empower himself, rise is low self estime and connect with people. He seems to acknowledge his difficulty with interracting with people on several occasion and frequently blames his blundders (for example his rape threats, long winded and sometime violent and threatening rants and the occasionnal "bellow the belt" attacks on people he is arguing against no matter the subject) on this and his short temper. His vitriolic rants can make him entertaining to some people and is the core reason he as so many fans, but, in my opinion, he is much more palatable when talking about light subjects like pop culture critique where his glarring weaknesses are more easily forgotten (I happen to only have watch a few of his movie critique and its much later that I realised the man was atheist vlogger).

When it comes to his critique of both religion and more complex social issue, he lacks knowledge, nuances and composure. This frequently makes him look like an insensitive bully with very little actual good arguments or capacity to critique and analyse those subject bellow surface level. His constant uses of ad hominem attacks, little depth of knowledge on various issues he like to talk about and his wide audience makes him, unwittingly, a vehicule of disinformation and perhapse even of radicalisation since the atheist community, while still exempt of such example so far to my knowledge, isnt immune to produce viciously intolerant, threatening or downright dangerous people. In all cases, I doubt that Youtube new policies will affect his material all that much since most of his blundders were in written form and without much forethought.

I remember kinda liking his stuff at first, but not so much these days. He reminds me too much of myself, when I'm acting at my worst. Anyone who's been here long enough has seen me get into it with any number of other members; pops, lumi, borgy, blowjob, muffs, Vosur, and most recently Stevil. I have a rather long and not terribly illustrious history of vitriolic tirades, some of which were warranted, but many more of which that I look back on with regret. For the most part I limit my damage to our little community, and I like to think that I still put in enough good work to still earn a net positive around here. But if I had a YouTube channel and a bunch of enablers egging me on? I could very easily see myself in TJ, and I didn't like what I saw.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post