Is Windows 10 worth it?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-08-2015, 06:41 PM
Is Windows 10 worth it?
I'm a Custom PC user and I have Window XP. I've found out Windows is giving free upgrades to Windows 10. I've watch some review video's and articuls on this and I still feel lke i'm not understanding.

They show & tell all the new features that it is capable of, but i'm worried about it in the long run. Back in the day Microsoft word used to come with Windows. Then you had to buy if seprate. Then you had to buy it as a bundle, and it got expensive.

I'm afraid of them doing something similar here. I have a lot of programs already on my this isn't going to make me reinstall everything is it? Has anyone else already installed it? Or is everyone Mac users?

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2015, 06:48 PM
RE: Is Windows 10 worth it?
Yes

But I'd wait a month or two, let them sort out the kinks.
07-08-2015, 06:56 PM
No I'm not a Mac user. Or iPhone, or iPod. It's against my religion Tongue

I will probably upgrade to Windows 10. Yeah, some of my stuff will probably lose functionality. Yeah, there will be a lot of annoying glitches and stuff for a while. But I feel like I'm getting too old to risk letting new technology get ahead of me and leaving me in the dust, so I'm just gonna get it, see what problems arise as a result, and do my best to learn how to fix them without getting all pissed off and just saying screw it all I'm going back to DOS.

'Murican Canadian
07-08-2015, 07:00 PM
I hate Windows 10.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
07-08-2015, 07:06 PM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2015 07:14 PM by cactus.)
I had a lot of driver issues after upgrading to Win10. Also, the new start menu is really bad. It's glitchy and slow when live tiles are enabled, it won't let me pin some apps to it, and sometimes it fails to open at all. The tiles have two settings: "enormous ugly square with text", or "small square with no text at all."

I'd recommend replacing it with ClassicShell or similar, especially if you like to keep it manually populated with a list of programs like I do. "Recently used programs" and "Most frequently used programs" are both useless options for me.

Make sure you look through all of the privacy options as soon as you install Win10, too.

The only thing I like about it over 7 is its hybrid boot and shutdown feature, which was also present in Win8.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
07-08-2015, 07:15 PM
Worth what? Free?

Still expecting them to pull out a subscription model. Ain't worth it to me until I need to get rid of 7. Other peeps in the house have it, they can test it. Thumbsup

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
07-08-2015, 09:07 PM
I'm pretty happy with Windows 8. Not in a hurry for 10, will wait for the next few releases as there will most likely be many issues early on.
07-08-2015, 09:13 PM
Sheesh - I am still running Vista. Works great for what I need my laptop to do and I am of the 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' set.

Upgrades tend to be headaches. I'll wait till I need a new laptop.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
07-08-2015, 09:46 PM
I'll probably upgrade my Windows 8.1 laptop to Windows 10, but my main desktop is going to keep running Windows 7 until I'm forced to give it up.

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
08-08-2015, 02:46 AM
I've had Windows 10 for a couple of weeks now. They're ok. I get the occasional error and blue screen but hey, this isn't the final product.

Friendlier than W8 for me.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-