Is Windows 10 worth it?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-08-2015, 03:26 AM
RE: Is Windows 10 worth it?
I personally love Windows 10. Its a bit slow but seeing how my laptop has been around since 2007 it does not surprise me. Recently updated my graphics card driver to a Windows 10 version and it helped a lot. Cortana is so fun to use, if you ever need an alarm or reminded of something or need to convert measurements, or look up the weather on the fly you can. Since my Skype account is linked to my Microsoft Account, it automatically added birthdays of all my skype contacts into my calendar. Built in virtual desktops is amazing, if I want to listen to a playlist of music on youtube I can open it up start playing and throw it onto a different desktop so the window will not get in the way of what I am doing. I have mail set up to my Gmail account and notifications set so a notification will pop up if I get a new email. Same with the Facebook app, will get a notification instantly if someone messages me, posts to my wall etc.

A cool feature, at least in my opinion, is the ability to set a PIN as your password instead of an actual password. Easy to remember while keeping you secure. Obviously it is not perfect yet because it's new but I am not regretting doing the upgrade.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-08-2015, 04:34 AM
(07-08-2015 06:41 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  I'm a Custom PC user and I have Window XP. I've found out Windows is giving free upgrades to Windows 10.

Windows XP is no longer supported by Microsoft which means that you are now vulnerable to malware and hacks.

This link compares the top 5 tips from ordinary users and compares them to the top 5 tips from security experts. No.1 from the security experts is to have regular updates.

http://www.techlicious.com/blog/google-c...practices/

The free upgrade is only for Windows 7 and upwards.
08-08-2015, 05:51 AM
I've got one unit that's still running on XP.... Still works fine.....

Of course it's just a glorified label maker, and I play a couple of vintage games on it....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
08-08-2015, 07:23 AM
(07-08-2015 06:41 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  I'm a Custom PC user and I have Window XP. I've found out Windows is giving free upgrades to Windows 10. I've watch some review video's and articuls on this and I still feel lke i'm not understanding.

They show & tell all the new features that it is capable of, but i'm worried about it in the long run. Back in the day Microsoft word used to come with Windows. Then you had to buy if seprate. Then you had to buy it as a bundle, and it got expensive.

I'm afraid of them doing something similar here. I have a lot of programs already on my this isn't going to make me reinstall everything is it? Has anyone else already installed it? Or is everyone Mac users?

I like it. I'm primarily a mac user, but my wife has a Windows laptop. I initially tried the Beta and hated it, but the official release seems pretty solid, and sped up her older laptop considerably.

I generally hate Windows, but so far I've been digging Windows 10, still wouldn't trade it for OS X though. It's definitely a considerable improvement over Windows 8, and I don't see why users of Windows 8, should avoid upgrading. I know the older versions of Windows have a huge fan base, so there's a good chance they'll likely not be so keen on it.
08-08-2015, 07:49 AM
I like it but Opera seems to have some issues with it. The other browsers are fine...

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
08-08-2015, 08:53 PM
I upgraded to Windows 10 on release day (7/29). Had some issues with apps from their store on the first day, but it seems to have worked itself out from day 2 on. I enjoy some of the new functionalities, but I'm also a light user in comparison to others (mainly downloads and word processing).

The upgrade process took about 30-35 mins. Didn't back up anything and it transferred my files over without a hitch. The previous OS installed was Windows 7.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user