Is a Conspiracy Theorist someone who ignorantly believes things,?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-10-2013, 11:56 AM
RE: Is a Conspiracy Theorist someone who ignorantly believes things,?
So if you are aware that the U.S. has harmed and killed it's own people then on what basis do you deny the possibility that they do it still?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-10-2013, 12:06 PM
(09-10-2013 11:56 AM)I and I Wrote:  So if you are aware that the U.S. has harmed and killed it's own people then on what basis do you deny the possibility that they do it still?

You seem to view the government as some static, monolithic entity separate from the people.

There is no one in the government now that was there in WWII.
The society is not the same as in WWII.

The zeitgeist has moved, laws have changed, people learn from mistakes.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-10-2013, 12:55 PM
(09-10-2013 11:56 AM)I and I Wrote:  So if you are aware that the U.S. has harmed and killed it's own people then on what basis do you deny the possibility that they do it still?

I did no such thing - but then, responding to figments of your imagination is SOP for you.

It is of course possible, in much the same sense that anything is possible, should one absolutely ignore all externalities whatsoever.

Let's give it a think, though.

If you are aware that the Soviet Union has harmed and killed its own people then on what basis do you deny the possibility that they do it still?

If you are aware that the United States has endorsed and supported slavery of its own people then on what basis do you deny the possibility that they do it still?

If you are aware that the United States has refused to recognize the PRC as the government of China then on what basis do you deny the possibility that they do it still?

Facts are inconvenient and all, I know, but they're not ignorable. Establishing possibility is not the end of reasoning. It is the beginning.

... this is my signature!
[+] 4 users Like cjlr's post
04-11-2013, 12:20 PM
(09-10-2013 12:06 PM)Chas Wrote:  

You seem to view the government as some static, monolithic entity separate from the people.

There is no one in the government now that was there in WWII.
The society is not the same as in WWII.

The zeitgeist has moved, laws have changed, people learn from mistakes.

This concept is the thing that bothers me the most about the "new world order/Illuminati/Freemasons" conspiracy crowd. The plans for these secret entities always seem as if they're intended to create a New World Order/One World Government over a series of several decades if not a century or so. Why, if you're part of the secret new world order, would you work on an idea that would take so damn long to go onto affect? Where is the benefit to such a long process? If you want to rule the world, would you not want to do it in your lifetime?

These things always seem built on taking absolutely forever to come to fruition. If I were trying to rule the world under my iron fists, I sure as hell would not want to just "get part way there" only to leave it for underlings to work toward over the next century or so. I mean, how long have these people been blaming the Illuminati and Freemasons? It's been hundreds of years.

Seems a little unfocused if you ask me.

This is the signature.

http://www.FromNothingGameStudios.com
04-11-2013, 12:28 PM
I think conspiracy theorists are those who do not have enough data (either they outright do not acknowledge the data given to them or they do not have the research analysis capabilities in order to make an accurate assessment of whatever it is they figure is a conspiracy) and so they claim conspiracy.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
04-11-2013, 01:13 PM
(04-11-2013 12:28 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  I think conspiracy theorists are those who do not have enough data (either they outright do not acknowledge the data given to them or they do not have the research analysis capabilities in order to make an accurate assessment of whatever it is they figure is a conspiracy) and so they claim conspiracy.

Ding ding ding.

Your prize is behind door #2.

... this is my signature!