Is agnostic atheism a default position or conclusion?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-06-2014, 10:40 AM
RE: Is agnostic atheism a default position or conclusion?
(22-06-2014 09:35 AM)sporehux Wrote:  
(22-06-2014 01:01 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I don't really see agnostic atheism as that. I don't know if a "god" ever exiisted, but there's plenty of evidence that the world's religions were created by regular people, with an agenda in mind to explain but often control their people.

I used to be more tolerant of agnostics, but now I just want to slap them.

:gasp:Really?!

Most agnostics I know lean toward atheism anyway. They just need a bit longer to clean the superstition out of their heads.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-06-2014, 05:09 PM
(22-06-2014 10:40 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(22-06-2014 09:35 AM)sporehux Wrote:  I used to be more tolerant of agnostics, but now I just want to slap them.

:gasp:Really?!

Most agnostics I know lean toward atheism anyway. They just need a bit longer to clean the superstition out of their heads.

Well there's a difference in some agnostics... there's agnostics that at some pathway point..

But then there's some firm agnostics that bash atheists for as they call, being so certain and full of the steam to declare themselves atheists as if it must remain this divisive aggressive term that shines badly on all other non-believers. So I can see why someone would want to give them a good schitchin.

Then there's assertively Huxley Agnostics and I won't even go there because they'll go on about their semantic issues until it religion is vanquished.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
24-06-2014, 05:47 AM
(20-06-2014 12:59 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  So, what do you think is agnostic atheism a default position or a conclusion? I suppose it can be both for some...Consider

It's both. Every human is born into this world as an agnostic atheist by virtue of not knowing about gods. If they have no knowledge of gods, they don't believe in them (atheist) and they don't have the ability to believe gods don't exist (agnostic).

It can be a conclusion. Ten years ago, I wouldn't allow myself to think about any conclusion that would involve God not being real. After several years of allowing myself to think about it, agnostic atheism was the conclusion I reached.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post