Is america gonna have another GreatDep-

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-08-2012, 08:18 PM
Is america gonna have another GreatDep-
(15 years old) Sorry if i got this in the wrong spot but i wanna hear this from athiest, but my mom (religious) constantly brings up how america is gonna have another economic failure soon and that i have to get used to using weapons? And learn to eat food that i cant even pronounce. I know that the government has major issues (listen to george carlin) And that people keep spending more money then what they have etc, but can someone tell me the facts, how i might be effected and when it might happen, and possible hope? And i guess what it might be like if it happens? Seriously my mom is causing so many issues to my head i need to ease one thing at a time.

Keep in mind you might wanna explain this to me as if im 10 so i can fully understand it, and yeah i wanted an atheist to tell me since 1. your smarter then my mother and most of my family. 2. every article i find mentions christians and religion etc and i dont trust it 3. Its easier to hear peoples opinions instead of reading off sites that probably arent true. <--- i am really sorry if the punctuation or grammar in my writing is bad. FYI to help answer anything i live in wisconsin

Please reply i wanna know this before i head to bed.
I really hope im just being paranoid and this wont be as bad as it sounds.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-08-2012, 08:20 PM
RE: Is america gonna have another GreatDep-
(27-08-2012 08:18 PM)silents429 Wrote:  (15 years old) Sorry if i got this in the wrong spot but i wanna hear this from athiest, but my mom (religious) constantly brings up how america is gonna have another economic failure soon and that i have to get used to using weapons? And learn to eat food that i cant even pronounce. I know that the government has major issues (listen to george carlin) And that people keep spending more money then what they have etc, but can someone tell me the facts, how i might be effected and when it might happen, and possible hope? And i guess what it might be like if it happens? Seriously my mom is causing so many issues to my head i need to ease one thing at a time.

Keep in mind you might wanna explain this to me as if im 10 so i can fully understand it, and yeah i wanted an atheist to tell me since 1. your smarter then my mother and most of my family. 2. every article i find mentions christians and religion etc and i dont trust it 3. Its easier to hear peoples opinions instead of reading off sites that probably arent true. <--- i am really sorry if the punctuation or grammar in my writing is bad. FYI to help answer anything i live in wisconsin

Please reply i wanna know this before i head to bed.
I really hope im just being paranoid and this wont be as bad as it sounds.

I can't give much advice as I'm not American but it sounds like your being to told to prepare for a total collapse of society. If that's the case then it sounds a little far fetched to me.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
27-08-2012, 08:21 PM
Thats the word!! she actually said a collapse in society once. lol

But i still need more information so im less paranoid and my imagination doesnt screw with what reality it is.
27-08-2012, 08:30 PM
Bump <---- Sorry if i seem pushy im just low on time and a bit desperate.
27-08-2012, 08:35 PM
(27-08-2012 08:21 PM)silents429 Wrote:  Thats the word!! she actually said a collapse in society once. lol

But i still need more information so im less paranoid and my imagination doesnt screw with what reality it is.

Well I'm anything but an economist but as far as I understand it the economy tends to work in a way called boom & bust. That means you have several years of rapid expansion (the boom) but every now and then it all goes wrong (the bust). We've just had the boom and now we've hit the bust. Hopefully, we'll eventually get back to the boom.

Remember that the Great Depression of the 1930's didn't lead to a collapse of society and as far as I know people who were trained in urban combat weren't any better off than those who weren't.

Now just wait for someone more knowledgeable to come along and totally crush everything I've just said Big Grin.

Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
27-08-2012, 08:38 PM
Ok thank you that kept me at bay and hopefully someone with a paragraph of information will explain the rest.

I was told about the boom and bust from my history teacher, can't believe i forgot :/
27-08-2012, 08:40 PM
(27-08-2012 08:38 PM)silents429 Wrote:  Ok thank you that kept me at bay and hopefully someone with a paragraph of information will explain the rest.

I was told about the boom and bust from my history teacher, can't believe i forgot :/

Just letting you know dude I'm gonna move this to the Politics section. It fits better there than here.

Best
Worst
27-08-2012, 08:57 PM
(27-08-2012 08:30 PM)silents429 Wrote:  Bump <---- Sorry if i seem pushy im just low on time and a bit desperate.

Silents - at 15 you should be concerned. The world, or at least the country you'll be growing in is not going to brimming with prosperity.

Not trying to be a doomsday kinda forecaster, and I haven't made a sign or staked out a corner yet to display it, but overall prospects are dim.

While I think there is a very small chance (repeat, very small chance) that the country will dissolve into a civil war scenario, one thing is for sure - economic opportunities will be considerably more difficult for your generation.

Best thing you can do to prepare yourself is to get the best education you can. Go to college and get a degree in something that you can make a future with (I.e., not literature), make some money and set some aside so if the day does ever come you can afford an exit strategy. Smile

I doubt the country will fall apart overnight, you'll have plenty of warning. In the meantime - learn, learn, and have some fun - tell your mom to lighten up a bit Wink

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT16Rq3dAcHhqiAsPC5xUC...oR0pEpxQZw]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-08-2012, 08:57 PM
3 minutes left anyone got anything?
27-08-2012, 09:58 PM
This may be late, but I saw a video of Hans Rosling (a statistician) explaining that this crisis was just a minor setback compared to the great depression. I can't find the video but here's the info (graph) (it takes a while to load)

Is the income per person (GDP per capita) of the US over time, just look at how the economy plummeted in the 1930s with the great depression, and how the 2008 crisis was just a minor hiccup in comparison.

Data is always better than perception Wink

[Image: sigvacachica.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What Happens when America can no longer feed the world? Revenant77x 61 735 Today 07:12 AM
Last Post: Luminon
  When is america getting that revolution. Metazoa Zeke 50 610 09-04-2014 07:03 AM
Last Post: Mat0816
  The End of The Death Penalty in America Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver 151 2,389 03-04-2014 01:04 PM
Last Post: Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver
  The indigenous people of North America weekendskp 24 505 30-01-2014 08:16 AM
Last Post: Chas
  America and military criticism BrokenQuill92 0 142 16-01-2014 07:30 PM
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  Poverty is a criminal offense in America OP/ED. Brian37 92 1,924 08-01-2014 10:50 AM
Last Post: Chas
  Corporate America and Natural Hair BrokenQuill92 25 1,016 09-12-2013 07:09 PM
Last Post: BnW